What foods have you cut out?

Options
Hiya,

I not for sure if this question has been asked before but I was wondering what foods and/or liquids did you have to cut out while on this lifestyle change. When you took away this food did you notice an immediate change? Just wanted to post this and thought it would help some of the people just getting started.

I myself used to eat cheese with everything and I always kept it on hand at home. Parmesan, harvarti, mozzerella, sharp cheddar, american, white american, you name it!!! But as soon as my trainer brought it to my attention to cut out the cheese, I did. Now don't get me wrong a cheese lover like me couldn't just stop cold turkey but I did cut back significantly to the point now that I rarely have cheese with my meals. After this I noticed my weight started to come off a little bit faster. Instead of a half lb or 1lb coming off a week I was loosing 2lbs or more a week, which really aided to my so far 23lbs weight loss.

My next step will be to take away the bread, bye bye sandwhiches, well just cutting back :-)

Replies

• jhall585
    Options
    I am a firm believer that the biggest thing you can cut out that's going to help you lose weight quicker is any drink with calories. This includes booze (which I still drink, trust me) but I swapped out beers for vodka/soda water or champagne, and only occasionally treat myself to frilly coffee drinks or put extra creamer in my coffee.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would never be successful if I cut out cheese, bread, and sandwiches!! I eat all of those almost everyday(probably more than once for cheese). I didn't give up any one food just changed the amount of it I eat.
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda altogether. I used to be a diet pop junkie haven't had one since January 2nd. I noticed that I felt alot better after getting that mess out of my system. There was no nutritional value at all and no benefit. Now it's water most of the time for me and it's working!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Nothing. There's a time and a place for everything. Yes, even chicken wings.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Animal products...meat,dairy, etc. This was for health reasons, and not for weight loss, though it has had great effects on both health and weight loss. I have cut way back on diet sodas, and drink a TON more water. Trying to give up the soda completely, but still can't quite make it!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I cut back, not cut out.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Muffins (except for the occasional)
    Beer
    Cheese on anything and everything
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Muffins are the mistaken healthy food. Cheese and I did have a thang going on but I had to tell him we were better off as friends :-)
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sodas and sweets - OUT! I dropped 10 pounds almost immediately just from getting off these things!

I would get horrible headaches when I cut out the sodas (caffeine withdrawls), so for a while I drank sweet tea. Then I went to using Splenda and finally went to unsweet tea. Now I mostly drink water & throw in an ocassional tea or margarita. Sweets are still a weakness, but I have cut WAY back. I limit myself to a couple pieces of dark chocolate, or a couple sugarfree cookies every now & then.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything. There are foods I've cut down on but I haven't eliminated anything completely from my diet.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Nothing. There's a time and a place for everything. Yes, even chicken wings.

This!
    Why not enjoy the things you like? Doesn't make sense IMO.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Diet pop... yes DIET. And I LOST 10 additional pounds!!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Just less of everything.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i used to eat cheese everyday and bread...i havent completely cut them as i will have them once in a while but not everyday like i used to. works wanders :)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and processed foods. I still have my glass of wine every now and then but very rare.
  • emmiller23
    Options
    Nothing. Everything in moderation is the key
  • toomuchsleep
    Options
    just about everything.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nothing I eat what I want as long as it is small and fitts into my daily calories.
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have cut out red meat and soda entirely. I have also cut out any processed foods. I shop on the outside of the market. I have also cut out beer, white wine, and almost all alcohol. If I am going to drink. It's once a week and it's vodka. But I am working towards not drinking at all!!!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I'm vegan so I do limits certain foods. BUT I pretty much EAT what ever I want. I don't believe in restricting myself.
    It's about the portion control. If you restrict yourself you are asking to fail. Just find what works for you and do it.
    Good Luck..