do you ladies like to hear....

Options

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love when my man tells me I'm beautiful and that he appreciates me! Of course the key word is my man, of course sincere compliments are always nice too.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I love when my man tells me I'm beautiful and that he appreciates me! Of course the key word is my man, of course sincere compliments are always nice too.

^^^ This, right here. but just because you throw me a compliment, no, this does not mean I will send you naked pictures :noway:
  • redfireangel
    Options
    I love it when my other half tells me he is proud of me :)

No better feeling in the word and it makes it all worth while :)
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I like to hear that i am funny....sometimes i feel like only i get my own jokes and wit :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "if it is from my partner and is genuine (and it always is :) it's great" camp.

Random strangers - no thanks.

I've been complimented on my ability to take a compliment before, because I don't do the whole "no I'm not" thing. I think that is just rude. Even if you don't think you are as pretty as someo says, say thank you and move on. Protesting makes you seem ungrateful at best and fishing for more compliments at worst.
  • determined136
    Options
    I love it all! It makes me smile and I appreciate it so much!!!:blushing:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like to hear all of that but do want the guy to mean it and not just wanting to get me in bed....

I am always told that I am "cute" though so I have learned to like it and hope to one day find the guy that thinks I am beautiful.:blushing:
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When hubby says those things and I'm un showered, greasy haired, no make up, and needing to lose 20 lbs - NO! When I'm feeling fit annd took the time to put together a cute outfit and did my hair and make up- YES! Bless his little heart for caring!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :explode: anything but.... babe or hun... eww

I HATE when random strangers use terms of endearment. You have to earn calling me baby or sweetie. Been dating a guy for about 2 months, and we just started this week calling eachother names like that.

Really? Where do you live? I don't think I can go anywhere here without some sweet, Southern old guy calling me "darlin". I sort of love it.

Oklahoma. Something like that doesn't bother me. But when a guy is talking to me for the very first time, and calls me "baby"? Uh, no.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I just like to hear - "You look really nice today" or "That's a lovely outfit on you" - or "Your hair is just gorgeous, how do you get it to do that?" <-- that's the funniest one too, my hair has a mind of its own, crazy waves.. :wink:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I like to hear all of that but do want the guy to mean it and not just wanting to get me in bed....

If he wants to get you in bed, he DOES mean it. At that moment you ARE beautiful, sexy, hot, alluring, tempting, etc ... just saying...
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Coming from a shy person such as myself, it takes courage to compliment a woman. From me anyways, it IS sincere

This is really nice and I think that women need to remember that it's not always easy for a man ... or woman for that matter ... to approach you and make a comment. It doesn't hurt to be gracious and say thank you, because it could definitely be coming from someone that IS sincere, and as this poster said, shy.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love it. I find it easier to believe when it comes from someone I don't know very well, for some reason.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not if it is from someone I don't know. The ONLY time it is appropriate is if I am in a stable relationship, and then only if it is genuine.

I am told how pretty I am constantly by an older man I work with. He says it to all the women and apparently has no idea that it's a grave insult.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm able to hear past the voices in my head and appreciate your comment, shur. ;)
  • mredsolomon
    mredsolomon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love it all! It makes me smile and I appreciate it so much!!!:blushing:

WOW candacet36 you have REALY beautiful eyes.
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    I love it when my husband tells me i'm beautiful though I tell him to stop lying (LOL) all girls like to know that someone thinks they're pretty even if we never say it, we do.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    honestly? I hear nothing.

I hear nothing too. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear I am beautiful and sexy ALL the time!!! I would believe it if you said it sincerely! I have to ask and my husband says of course while not paying attention. Aww the bliss of marriage. LOL

actually that's not how I meant that....

but that's cool...

:flowerforyou:
  • Johann4u
    Options
    YES!!! we do love to hear that we are beautiful and sexy.... Romance is the key that will unlock many doors....:blushing: if you know what I mean!!!
  • shayyyface
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

Beautiful on the daily
    Hot/Sexy when i'm dressed up, we're partaking in sexual acts, or im in my underwear

You should call me cute every 5 minutes doe.

edit: and it doesnt matter if we believe it or not, its nice to hear