Why in the hell won't my fat burn!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This is where the number on the scale should be a thing of the past and you focus on body composition. You could eat 15-20% less than your TDEE, and include your activity level within that, then you wouldn't have to worry with eating exercise cals back if done this way. Also, keep up the heavy lifting! I can't stress this enough. Also, try cutting the cardio out or reduce it to one day a week and if possible, try HIIT.

Also, I would recommend you adjusting your micros. You could try 40% proteins, 35% carbs and 25% fats.
  • WrenStory
    Options
    I'll echo what a few of the others have said... if you are consuming slightly less than what you burn, over time you WILL lose. At your height & weight you are not considered "fat"... and the disgusting reference isn't helping anyone. Women are emotional, but sometimes you have to leave emotions out of it when it's basically a numbers game. I'm female, I know. And if anyone else hasn't already mentioned (I skimmed the responses), incorporating some strength training can only help you with your body composition problem... because that's probably what this is... a body composition problem, because you simply aren't "fat"... and yes, you are correct about your age. Metabolism is affected to some extent at this age. Mine was, but only ever so slightly. It simply takes longer to to achieve the same desired effect... so, patience, get your numbers right (meaning, figure out how much you can consume based on your TDEE estimation), and get adequate protein & fats...
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Protein intake is _WAY_ too low for weight lifting, much less lifting at a caloric deficit. Up protein to at _least_ 100g/day, keep calories the same, and you will almost certainly start dropping body fat.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough and you aren't in famine mode...
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Being at a "healthy weight" on paper does not mean she has no fat to lose. I'm 5'5" and 127 lbs. With my clothes on, I look thin. With my clothes off, I have quite a bit of fat on my body. Fat that makes me feel bad about myself. Fat that I want to lose to be healthy and feel good about myself. So don't assume that just because you know her height and weight that she doesn't have fat to lose. She did not say that she was fat, she said she HAS fat she wants to lose! Us "healthy weight" people are allowed to feel bad about our bodies and want to change them too! Some people on this board jump down your throat for no reason, it's disgusting. As for the original question, I'm trying to figure all that out right now too. I'm going to start New Rules Of Lifting For Women next week with a bit of cardio added in and i'm going to eat at maintenance so we'll see if that helps! Good luck to you, I hope you are able to figure things out!

I'm glad you mentioned this...her focus might be on reducing her total body fat.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't think lighting a match to yourself is the best way to go tbh ;)
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Im 5'9" and currently 155lbs. I have been on MFP for about a month and a half but I've been trying to lose this disgusting weight since I gave birth last January.

You are in the normal range for your BMI, and what you are talking about is likely loose skin. please don't call your weight disgusting when you are clearly at a healthy weight, its ridiculous and borderline offensive to those who have legitimate weight to lose.

I would just keep doing what your doing, and be PATIENT, and KIND to yourself.

This.

And also, you're not being honest with your reporting of foods. Eating half a clemantine and half a cup of watermelon for lunch and 15 cups of popcorn for dinner? You're probably eating a lot more than you're posting.

Lol, don't tell me I'm lying! It's really true! My baby ate the other half of clementine and the rest of my watermelon.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think Im FAT people. I just want to get rid of the allover body fat on my body - it's not much, but I really hate it and want to gone!!!!

Yes I measure my foods! If it looks like a weird measurement then I probably shared it with my baby!

My BMR is 1501 and my TDDE is 2064 so I am eating 1500cals a day so I get my 500cal deficit. Question though - How do I set my macros to 40 carbs 30protein 30fat??? I can't seem to figure how to change that on MFP.

Thanks everybody!
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've had four babies and know exactly what you're talking about...

You lose the weight but still have the left over loose skin.

The only way to combat this is to work out more. I love to run, I think it's one of the best fat burning exercise out there.

If running isn't your thing...try a DVD system like Insanity, 30 Day Shred or Turbofire!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

My BMR is 1501 and my TDDE is 2064 so I am eating 1500cals a day so I get my 500cal deficit. Question though - How do I set my macros to 40 carbs 30protein 30fat??? I can't seem to figure how to change that on MFP.

I am not all expertly, but I have read here over and over, that you really should eat above your BMR. To lose weight you should eat your TDEE minus 10-20%. That's be -minus 200-400. You don't have a lot, if any, weight to lose, so I'd suggest only dong ”minus 10%” of your TDEE and adding a weight workout. You need your energy to keep up with raising young kids, don't chest yourself of that.

To change your macros:
    From your HOME TAB, clock on GOALS, scroll down to CHANGE GOALS, and choose then CUSTOM setting.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No, I don't think Im FAT people. I just want to get rid of the allover body fat on my body - it's not much, but I really hate it and want to gone!!!!

Yes I measure my foods! If it looks like a weird measurement then I probably shared it with my baby!

Thanks everybody!

I think your TDEE looks low, especially if you are working out 6 days a week and you have a young baby. I would probably up your calories to 1800, set macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. I would suggest doing 1 extra day of weights (maybe do an endurance type training, low weight/high rep) and do 2 days of cardio. You might be creating a larger deficit than you think. Additionally, work on getting more whole foods (skip cereals and other processed foods). Also the most important component is time. You can't recomp over night; it takes time to cut fat. If anything, take pictures and not worry about the scale. Water retention alone can maintain the scale weight.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It sez you quit smoking. That will slow your loss. You don't have much to lose so that is going to take some time. And your diary is loaded with carbs at least the last week. Increase protein and lift lift lift. Good luck to you.
  • WrenStory
    Options
    I think you are eating in too high of a deficit if you are eating at 1500 and your TDEE is around 2000. This is not necessary and it probably isn't giving you enough energy.

Lift weights & run. Eat at 1800 to 2000. When I lift weights there are days I eat around 2200. I don't gain. I am 5'7" and weigh 120 lbs.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from the carbs in the evening. I've noticed that that seems ot work for me when i'm able to lose weight. Also, push up those veggies. This week my husband made bean/beef chilli no veggies really (green ones at least). So, I put a fist full of spinach in a bowl and 1 serving of the chili on top. Made it taste good and I got some veggies. I geus what I'm saying is I thought of the idea that if I add veggies to things i like to eat (like the spinach with the chili) then I'd incorporate the veggies more effectively. sometiems it's about what and don't get me wrong I like to have something sweet to eat every day to. I'm no expert, but, i'm trying to put more veggies in my diet.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So, I hate to break it to you, but about, 90% of what you are eating I wouldn't call healthy?

Yes, you do have fruit. But where is your lean protein? You aren't eating any vegetables, and what little protein you do have is processed and pumped full of sodium.

ETA-- the fats in your diet are also mostly partially hydrogenated (ie, the margarine). I really believe that body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more), so in order to develop more muscle tone you are going to need to eat more lean protein, less processed carbohydrates, and replace the trans fats with stuff like avocado, olive oil, and nuts.

Whoah! You sound awfully picky about what you consider healthy. There are no bad foods, just bad diets.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Im 5'9" and currently 155lbs. I have been on MFP for about a month and a half but I've been trying to lose this disgusting weight since I gave birth last January.

By these stats, your BMR is around 1500. You should be losing at that calorie goal, but looking at your diary, your calories are all over the map. You almost never hit your goal. You are either way over or too far under. Try to hit your goal within 100 calories every day. At that point, you can better assess whether or not 1500 is actually working for you.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Sound like you don't need to "lose weight" as much as "lose fat"
    I agree with lifting weights! Even if it is just Bodyweight to start.
    And my suggestion would also be to eat more protein, less simple carbs and make sure you drink your water. (I didn't check your water)
    Make sure your fats are good fats... Olive oil, fish, nuts, avocado, etc... For the most part.

This too!

Pick up heavy things. Put them down. Repeat.
    Eat plenty of protein.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LIFT SOME **** :)

lift lift lift :)
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me I need to burn about 300 calories every day, even on days I already workout with him. While I'm also toning up and building some awesome muscle, I have a lot of fat to burn off. So until I get that taken care of, I am making an effort to burn those 300 calories every day. Good luck! And it will happen! You just need to find the balance to make it happen!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I thought this thread was "Why won't my fat burn in hell?!" and that would have been awesome.