Divorce Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I know... I lost like 5 pounds within three days, then I gain it back.... Not healthy. This mental **** that comes with a divorce is the worst!

Get this, I still live with him! I'm on the couch! He got the bed! Ufda! I'm too nice!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone.

My divorce was finalized a month ago, after asking me for a divorce in September. My prince charming.

I know it sounds trite right now but it does get better. I am 20 years into my second marriage. I just refer to the first one as my practice husband and I was learning for the real thing. Good luck to you.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was 5 months pregnant when my husband left so no weight loss for me!
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sooo I think someone should start a divorced group on here... If I knew how I would... if any of you decide to please add me. Thanks Unfortunately I gained since my divorce and feel miserable! uggh:explode:
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support.

I will be maintaining all of my weight loss, I will never be at my highest weight ever again. I can promise myself that one! Looking forward to taking his breath away if he ever gets to see my gorgeous self ever again.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    IT's the best diet plan out there. A little expensive, but works great.
  • DavidBMack
    DavidBMack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been on the divorce diet too. It started in August when I couldn't eat after the separation and morphed into walking for hours on end to relieve stress to spending a lot of time in the gym and cooking good food to fill in the time I used to spend with her.

I am determined to make this a permanent lifestyle change now and when I get our financial situation sorted I feel I will be able to move on and use my new found lifestyle to find new happiness and smother my baby daughter with my affection and love in my new life.

Good luck to everyone else on the 'divorce diet' perhaps we didn't need such a drastic thing to change our lifestyles but some good can come from every horrible situation.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    .Dropped 30 pounds in 3 months that way. I was too stressed out to realize I was losing weight. Didn't notice it at all until about four months after. It works, but god I'd like never to have to return that *****es clutches again.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a break up, not as hard as divorce but it still REALLY sucks right now...It's of those slooowww break ups...I can't seem to just rip the band-aid off, I keep going back for more. This is the slowest band-aid ever.
    I hear ya on the not wanting to eat though...My eating is regular until I talk to him and the rest of my day is shot. Can't focus on work or anything else I have going on.

The point is that its always incredibly hard in the beginning, and it hurts less and less as time goes on. It just takes FOREVER. You'd think in 3 or 4 weeks it's substantially easier, but nope...still really frigging hard.

I have no special advice to you...just stay busy, be with your friends as much as possible, work out a lot, focus on YOU and bettering yourself. That's what I'm trying to do...until he calls and ruins everything. I drop everything when he calls =/ I want to not love him SO bad. But I just can't. I don't know how I could love someone who knowingly hurts me constantly.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I've been in your shoes (I called it separation diet, we were together 15yrs), life will feel crap at the moment, but you will get through it and then you will be wondering why you were together anyway, life has a plan for you and what will be will be, you will be better, slimmer and stronger for it and then something will happen and you say to yourself that's why I had to go through that as you will be so much happier.
    I did lose weight as well, I didn't do anything to maintain, hence here I am on MFP on my new diet journey.
    Good luck with everything.
    :smile:

YEP. Once your finally moved on, you'll think WHY did I even love you for so long. Right now your brain just can't think like that though.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    I can totally relate, a break up kick started my loss too.
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    I'm 29 lbs down now, I sure wish I could lose more faster!
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    My now ex husband has done me sooooo wrong, it's not even funny.