Anyone else dreading January?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Actually... I'm planning to buy more weights and a bench for the house... so no... actually looking forward to January!
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    Well I work in gym membership sales and work on commission so I'm pretty stoked. As far as my workouts go though - I'm not concerned because I feed off the energy of the gym. Hopefully everyone else will too!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    nope, im a gym bully. I claim my spot.

images80.jpg

You're hysterical.... I love it! :heart:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    nope, im a gym bully. I claim my spot.

images80.jpg
    LOL FTW \m/
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are right about the newbies; of course I was one of those newbies last year and 115 lbs later, here I am. It is not always that way.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amen, me the my bike and the road, and if there are any newbies on the road, I pass them and leave them in the dust.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    thanks for making me feel welcome.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    What I hate are the gym tours... they stop to point out the weights right when you are deep in a squat making a face grunting...not that I do that...........
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You are right about the newbies; of course I was one of those newbies last year and 115 lbs later, here I am. It is not always that way.

So you've been *kitten* up the OP's *kitten* for a year? How dare you!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    This is why having your own personal gym at home would be beneficial..then you won't have to complain about others tryin to make a change.

And with that...I leave you with this, my peeps.

Geekation_FirstWOrldProblems4.jpeg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Negative. I wish them success.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the MFP trolling possibilities.

Bahahaha, hilarious ;)

I'm looking forward to January! My birthday is in it AND by then there should be plenty of snow on the mountain for snowboarding <3<3<3
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I went on hiatus this year, and traveled. I'd like to again... but eh.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just hate how the gym parking lot gets ridiculous you have to park in a completely different lot/across the busy street! Not complaining about the walk itself, but when you're in a rush, or it's snowy/icy... i don't like when people take my parking. lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not really. maybe they'll be some new hot guys there for me to creep on
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    *makes MFP New Years Resolution to go to the gym in January and sit on the machines while playing on my cell phone like all of the regulars*
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the MFP trolling possibilities.

Bahahaha, hilarious ;)

I'm looking forward to January! My birthday is in it AND by then there should be plenty of snow on the mountain for snowboarding <3<3<3

twinsies! january baby and snowboarding lover... last year sucked weather-wise, here's to this year being awesome! <3
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Trying to get all my good workouts in this month, because in about 3 weeks the gym is going to be overrun with New Year's Resolution newbies. Then, after about two weeks, they'll see that their shadows aren't getting any smaller and go back home, like Punxsutawney Phil.
    Not all. I was one of those newbies!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm not dreading January, but that's probably because I don't look for ridiculous reasons to be pessimistic about the future. Life is good.

*BOOM!* I like that!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I guess we'll see if the resolutioners are gung-ho enough to be there at 5 AM. If it's crazy, I'll probably just do Insanity for three weeks. It won't be the same as my barbell workouts, but at least it's better than running in the cold.