Why do people lose weight for the wrong reasons?

Options

Replies

• jmac39574
    Options
    I want to look good naked and be able to be held upside during sex.

And if those reasons are wrong, I don't want to be right.

who doesnt want to have sex upside down??

Does doing a handstand while having sex at the same time count as being upside down during sex?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't back down. I stick to what I said, losing weight for a short term goal and not committing to a lifestyle change = failure in the end.

So talking to you is pointless.

*noted*
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't back down. I stick to what I said, losing weight for a short term goal and not committing to a lifestyle change = failure in the end.

I'm gonna give it to you straight

You're not good at posting
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Does doing a handstand while having sex at the same time count as being upside down during sex?

I'm trying to picture this in my head. Which party is doing the handstand?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I want to look good naked and have hot crazy monkey sex, too. BUT it's not my primary motivation to lose weight. The main goal is to be healthier and commit to a lifestyle change. I couldn't give a #$)# about anything else.

I won't lie, looking better naked is my primary focus when I hit the gym, or pass on the donuts or have one drink instead of 12. I know that as I get closer to THAT goal, that the others will happen as well. That's why I lift and do cardio as well as pass on the yummies. But I'm vain, I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. Doesn't mean I'm aiming for 10% body fat, or a six pack (though that would be nice). But to be comfortable in my own skin. And vanity doesn't have to be a bad thing.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I want to look good naked and have hot crazy monkey sex, too. BUT it's not my primary motivation to lose weight. The main goal is to be healthier and commit to a lifestyle change. I couldn't give a #$)# about anything else.

Your reason is not superior to anyone else's, it's just yours. All that matters at the end of the day is that it works, not your motivation behind it. I joined here and started losing weight because I was sick of thinking "well, if I had all day I'd be a skinny ***** too."
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Yes it does, But I can't do a handstand either, so that's where the lifting comes in, to build strength. And if it's YOU doing the handstand, then what's my motivation for getting stronger or thinner?? ;)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Who cares if someone is doing it for what YOU perceive is the wrong reason. Maybe to them its the right reason. Weight loss is a personal thing and you really don't have a right to judge someone on what they think is best for themselves. Live YOUR life and move on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

I'm trying to picture this in my head. Which party is doing the handstand?

It's always a party when doing a handstand.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How is losing weight because you want to look good in a wedding dress (or any other dress) not doing it for yourself?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about those people who think they need to drop pounds just to fit in a smaller sized wedding dress or they do it for anybody other than themselves. Seems stupid and self-defeating, you should lose weight just for yourself and to make a lifestyle change. Thoughts?

harrisonford.gif

Will probably get another blackmark, but this .gif is too appropriate.
  • barbi1281
    Options
    I'm thinking about those people who think they need to drop pounds just to fit in a smaller sized wedding dress or they do it for anybody other than themselves. Seems stupid and self-defeating, you should lose weight just for yourself and to make a lifestyle change. Thoughts?

I don't think that anyone's reasons for losing weight is anyone else's business. My thyroid stopped working about a year before I got married and my wedding pictures show me bigger than I ever was... I wish I could have dropped weight for my wedding because I look back and I know that I was not the most beautiful bride that I could have been. I'm losing the weight now that my thyroid meds are right and I'm working hard at it and to be honest I'm not losing it for myself... I'm losing it for my kids... but truth is that I'll probably be more successful now and long term than you because to be that motivated for someone else takes a selflessness that you don't seem to understand. As well, you don't seem to understand that anyone can pick any reason to lose weight and still make a lifestyle change - it's all about determination and motivation.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

I'm gonna give it to you straight

You're not good at posting

Pretty much!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Ah, yes, if this is what was initially said I would have totally been on board.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    One of OPs inspirations:

"Get back into my "skinny" jeans (jeans I wore when I was thinner)!"

Pot, this is the Kettle... etc.
  • quitter1973
    quitter1973 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're one of those girls who hate on the sluts at the bar too. Don't be that girl.

This
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    One of OPs inspirations:

"Get back into my "skinny" jeans (jeans I wore when I was thinner)!"

Pot, this is the Kettle... etc.

It always creeps me out when people post stuff from other people's profiles . . . makes me wonder if they are actually a stalker or just have stalker tendencies . . .
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

yes -- BUT you may have to use a wall for balance ---
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Except to get back into your skinny jeans... right?

You really should think before you type.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

yes -- BUT you may have to use a wall for balance ---

noted