Anyone else dreading January?

Options

Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    NFL playoffs...how could anyone dread that.....
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    This is why I get up at 4:00 a.m. to go to the gym.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I usually see more deer than people when I'm out riding- not really expecting that to change much in January.

I do wish everyone starting out the new year right the best of luck- that was me last year.

Damn deer with their silly bicycling resolutions.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    All this thread has made me do is want to watch Groundhog Day.

Again.

Damn it.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    I usually see more deer than people when I'm out riding- not really expecting that to change much in January.

I do wish everyone starting out the new year right the best of luck- that was me last year.

Damn deer with their silly bicycling resolutions.

And I bet they didn't have to wait half an hour to bike!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Maybe people who go to the gym at the first of the year only would keep going if others would encourage them instead of judge them? Just a thought...

I don't go to the gym because I can't really afford it right now but I do my own thing at my house so no I don't dread Jan.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading January because it is @!@!$#!@#%#@$^%!@$##!@ cold here in January.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm dreading January because it is @!@!$#!@#%#@$^%!@$##!@ cold here in January.

^^^^ This!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I would be working out at home during that time. No desire to have to wait for a half hour to walk on the treadmill

It's a damn shame no one has come up with a way that people can get in a walk without having to wait for a treadmill. Just a damn shame.

Where I live, we have places called sidewalks. I do my walking there. They're really cool, but they're taxpayer subsidized. :ohwell:
    Wow, I bet you'd have to wait a long time to walk on one of these devices.

Where I live we have sidewalks too. They are covered with snow and ice from November to April, and many of them are on hills. If you want to do your working out there, you better have a lot of layers, a set of snow shoes or ice cleats, and a mouth guard for when you fall on your face...and a walker on standby for the broken hip.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Nope. January wont every come. THE END OF THE WORLD IS IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Again.

Damn it.

Again.

Damn it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    NFL playoffs...how could anyone dread that.....

/end
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the new people who join in January! You remind me of the Catholics I know who complain about those who attend mass only on Christmas day and Easter Sunday. I find that being happy for others and not making everything about me actually makes a happier me. Try it.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Well, that's when I hit the gym between 4 and 5am..most of the "newbies" don't do mornings.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Last year at the gym people didn't come until March....
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think about that. Ugh.........
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'm not dreading January, but that's probably because I don't look for ridiculous reasons to be pessimistic about the future. Life is good.

Yes sir on this one! I don't make resolutions, I try to live each day the best I can.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Yeah but in a few months I bet they'll be tons of treadmills/elliptical/weight sets to be had super cheap on craigslist! That's what I'm waiting for. I wonder if I can build a nice cheap home gym from craigslist this year.......
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this yesterday when there were 5 parking spots right next to the door of the gym. I'm not sure that the newbies crowd is as bad as we think (at least at my place) but that after Halloween the gym gets emptier and emptier and we get spoiled. Friday I was at the gym from 5:30 to 6:15 and was the only one in the room of about 30+ machines and weights. Literally the ONLY one! So I sang at the top of my lungs to my ipod while on the treadmill with wild abandon. I'd have danced if I thought i wouldn't fall off the dang thing.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yea, I am going to be one of these "newbies" because I am switching gyms next month. I KNOW that people are going to be looking at my husband and I like New Years Resolutioners even though we have held a gym membership for the last 3 years. Not all of them are newbies, some may be changing gyms and maybe their contract is up in January? :huh:

On top of that, at least they are trying to better themselves and I would hope people would be helpful and supportive (since we all had to start somewhere right?). :drinker: