Why do people lose weight for the wrong reasons?

Options

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I think any reason that is for self improvment can't be wrong
  • jmac39574
    Options
    I want to look good naked and be able to be held upside during sex.

And if those reasons are wrong, I don't want to be right.

who doesnt want to have sex upside down??

Does doing a handstand while having sex at the same time count as being upside down during sex?

yes -- BUT you may have to use a wall for balance ---

Why do I need a wall when my SO has a nice handle on me?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked and be able to be held upside during sex.

who doesnt want to have sex upside down??

Does doing a handstand while having sex at the same time count as being upside down during sex?

yes -- BUT you may have to use a wall for balance ---

Why do I need a wall when my SO has a nice handle on me?

Well if you use the wall that frees up her hands for other things. Just something to think about.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Um. I don't hate on "sluts" at a bar, and this is totally unrelated to that. My point is that there are wrong reasons to want to lose weight if it's not a long-term lifestyle change. Doing it for a short-term goal and that ALONE is not reasonable.

I think what she MEANS is that people who have odd reasons like " I weigh 120lbs which is a healthy weight for me...but I am SURE that if I lose another 8 my ex boyfriend will fall madly in love with me again--despite the fact that our break up had NOTHING to do with my size" don't seem to get it.

"I want to look good in and out of my clothes" isn't a wrong reason to lose weight...saying " I want to reduce my chances of getting X disease/disorder" is not a bad reason

See.... you get it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Um. I don't hate on "sluts" at a bar, and this is totally unrelated to that. My point is that there are wrong reasons to want to lose weight if it's not a long-term lifestyle change. Doing it for a short-term goal and that ALONE is not reasonable.

I think what she MEANS is that people who have odd reasons like " I weigh 120lbs which is a healthy weight for me...but I am SURE that if I lose another 8 my ex boyfriend will fall madly in love with me again--despite the fact that our break up had NOTHING to do with my size" don't seem to get it.

"I want to look good in and out of my clothes" isn't a wrong reason to lose weight...saying " I want to reduce my chances of getting X disease/disorder" is not a bad reason

See.... you get it.

No one understands me.........
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't think that a person's primary reason for weight loss should be based solely on appearance. Because being "skinny" isn't always "healthy" and being "healthy" isn't always being "Skinny". So, I definitely agree that a person's main goal should be health. Of course that's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to have one. :tongue:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about those people who think they need to drop pounds just to fit in a smaller sized wedding dress or they do it for anybody other than themselves. Seems stupid and self-defeating, you should lose weight just for yourself and to make a lifestyle change. Thoughts?

- Looking good on wedding day to look back on pictures for the rest of your life seems like a great reason to get in shape to me.

- It's thier own business. Maybe people think your reason for losing weight is wrong.

Gawd. Eye roll.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Pot Kettle Black......................How is a wedding dress any different than skinny jeans. Taken from your profile page OP

•Get back into my "skinny" jeans (jeans I wore when I was thinner)!
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My reason is to be around and be a model for my children. But that is coming from a mom, I would do anything for them.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Your opinion on this matter is not reasonable. And annoying.
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If appearance is your only concern in losing weight, you'll most likely end up a statistic who regains the weight in a year (or 5) and then some.

How is that true? This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here in a while... It seems your only reason for this post is to piss people off or offend them. Who are you to judge their reasons for losing weight?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I am losing weight for looks, but guess what, I want to LOOK GOOD for the REST of my LIFE! No short term goal there.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I think that if something else motivates you...then motivation is motivation. Whatever it is that makes you wanna get out there and make a change, good!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about those people who think they need to drop pounds just to fit in a smaller sized wedding dress or they do it for anybody other than themselves. Seems stupid and self-defeating, you should lose weight just for yourself and to make a lifestyle change. Thoughts?

Who are you or anyone else to judge what is right or wrong for someone? Each to their own.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I want to look good naked and be able to be held upside down during sex.

That's TOTALLY why I wanted to be able to do this!!!
    Picture15.png
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    <-- does minute handstands underwater.

OP - I'm sure your neighbor is a very nice person. If she invited you to her wedding, well, what a waste that was. If she didn't <slow clap>.
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The reason don't matter if the end result is achieved!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You are not the boss of me.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked and be able to be held upside down during sex.

That's TOTALLY why I wanted to be able to do this!!!
    Picture15.png

:love:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm getting skinny to be hot and bang hot chicks.

I've already shot my insides down the drain..