The teeny tiny little successes

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For the first time in several years I comfortably wore an old pair of jeans today that do not have a "W" after the numeral in the size! Yay!

This doesn't belong here. The title is teeny tiny little. That's a big accomplishment! :wink: Congrats & good job! :)

For me, yesterday I slept in and was so hungry, there was no way I'd make it to the gym on time if I ate. I'd already met my calorie burn goal for the week so I almost didn't work out...BUT I did. I did a Self routine and walked my dog for 30 minutes, burning me enough calories that I stayed under yesterday!! And...I woke up sore because of that routine. I feel great.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Although I did get 2 slices of pizza for lunch (I was craving it like nobody's business, everything in moderation, right?), I did NOT take the free soda that came with it. I used to think that I HAD to have soda with pizza (and sweet tea with BBQ and fried seafood).
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Someone left angel food cakes in my office this morning! I have stared them down a couple of times now. i LOVE angel food cake. I make my own.
  • inspiration78
    Options
    I skipped the gooey butter cake at a co-worker's birthday celebration today! YEAH!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I always have trouble with fast food. It's just so much easier to stop by & order to go than to go home and start cooking when you're starving. I need to bring snacks to work to hold me over! It'll save me a ton of money, too.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I didn't burn as many calories as I hoped for last night and found something different in the freezer than I planned for my dinner & still stayed within my calories for the day. :glasses:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I didn't spend my migraine day at home yesterday, inside the fridge, bingeing on comfort foods.

Despite the migraine, I took the stairs this morning.

I think that may have been a mistake. But I've sworn to no longer use elevators.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Just turned down a slice of cake (caramel apple cake-so so tasty).
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    The size L tshirts I ordered online from oldnavy.com fit. Not only in the boobage area, but in the lower waist as well.

HUGE!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tried on pants from this time last year, and they FIT! I'm wearing them now. :) Can't wait until they're too loose!
    Congrats to everyone on their mini-accomplishments....
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Those mini angel food cakes that jewelinvic mentioned yesterday, are sitting in the kitchen. They're 120 cals each, 2g of fat.

Man, tempting.

But I decided that I'm going to go ahead and have my healthy spinach salad as planned, and that's that.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Today, my co-worker called down to me and asked me if I wanted to go for lunch at McDonalds...and I said NO. Even tho her and I never have time to go for lunch together. I stayed at the office and ate my healthy, boring lunch :)
  • Marla0272
    Marla0272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My little success is not running to the office M&M jar after a confrontation with the coworker that always rubs me the wrong way! Yay me!! Since he stopped me, I was running late for lunch, but still bypassed the M&M's to grab a sandwich and a banana! Thanks for reminding me of the little wins...they can make the rest of your day!!
  • ank5
    ank5 Posts: 12
    Options
    I pushed my son in a stroller for a walk to the store, instead of driving :-) Also instead of having a Pepsi Slushy I had a diet pepsi!
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great idea because it is the small and consistent good choices of life that wins the war! Today I fell of the no "junk food wagon" and got a reg size frozen mocha blended drink at a very popular place, and after drinking it I felt a little itchy and hyper but yet my palette was satisfied and I figured that my body was reacting to my sugar increase- the itching and hyperness. However, after Idrank a little water and had my healthier lunch of green peas and a yam I am feeling less hyper. Falling off the "wagon" some times is a good thing because I noticed the difference when i deviate from my healthier food choices and today's falling off the wagon helped be me see that my healthier food selection is having the a positive effect on my body! However I was really satisfied and probably can go another six or more months without having what was once an every week or sometimes daily routine.:drinker:
  • chigirl_j
    Options
    Yeah You!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I'm going to dinner with some friends tonight to eat yummy Mexican food and have margarita. Not only did I exercise today, but I've already logged my margarita calories and checked out the menu online so I know what to eat. Feels like a success to me. Ususally I would just go and stuff myself with chips and salsa while I downed a few drinks. Not tonight. I know how much every single calorie means to me, and I will try my very hardest to not go over!!!
  • chigirl_j
    Options
    Way to go girl:flowerforyou: !
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We are doing great!!

I passed on dessert last night when my DH and I went out to celebrate our 10th anniversary (we called it going steady:>))
    He downloaded MFP onto his new ipod last night... I'm encouraging him to use it!
    Oh at the dr office.. I only ate ONE rollo piece... instead of 10
    today.. I'm contemplating what to eat next to make sure I can count it as lunch. I'm really bad at skipping meals.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I haven't eatten after 8:00pm in 19 days!!! No more crash binges at night!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!