False complimenters... RANT

Options

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    There are helpless children in Africa right now who have NO compliments... appreciate what you have!

ROTFLOL

ROTFLOL is not an acceptable acronym. Please restrict your internet acronyms indicating laughter to the following: LOL, LMAO, ROFL, or ROFLMAO. Embellishments such as ROFLCOPTER LIFTOFF or LOLPOLICE are also acceptable so long as an acceptable acronym is utilized. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation as regards this matter.

- The Internet Purity Dept.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to announce that any and all false compliments are welcome here. .

Thanks in advance! You are all so sweet! :blushing:

Your beard is epic.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    God I hope I never end up with a Mother in Law that tries to encourage me.

Shakes head. Im so glad I dont have a family- everyone on here who has one just hates them or is constantly celebrating and eating with and supported by them and it pisses them off so bad. Im sorry it's just so horrible in your world.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    There are helpless children in Africa right now who have NO compliments... appreciate what you have!

ROTFLOL

ROTFLOL is not an acceptable acronym. Please restrict your internet acronyms indicating laughter to the following: LOL, LMAO, ROFL, or ROFLMAO. Embellishments such as ROFLCOPTER LIFTOFF or LOLPOLICE are also acceptable so long as an acceptable acronym is utilized. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation as regards this matter.

lollergasm
  • Chasing140
    Options
    I think the point is they are giving you encouragement...maybe it is a bit steep for your liking, but take it as support. I would love it if the people I work with gave me complements...false or otherwise. LOL.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    "Great" post.

hahahahah agreed.

Why dont you just say thanks and carry on?

again...

Where's they eye roll smiley?

GAWWD
  • katweeks63
    Options
    4 pages back, you may not even see this, but... I have found, through MFP and my own family, that it is a fine line between complementing someone for what they have accomplished or discouraging them or making them mad.
    Maybe they mean it but they have exagerated to try to make you feel good and not discourage you by saying "I notice you have lost some weight but you are still fat". (BTW, your pic looks great, not fat, TRUTH)
    Don't base your attitude on what anyone else says. Accept compliments, be determined to prove the discouragers wrong, and do what you know is best for you.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

ROTFLOL

I knew we were friends for a reason....
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I hate it when they use the word LIFESTYLE....not.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

ROTFLOL

700-00350676w.jpg

lshipmp
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLSjobM9bg

All I can think of is Regina George.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    As much as craving and needing compliments is bad, not being able to take and appreciate them is equally bad.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    "Great" post.

hahahahah agreed.

Why dont you just say thanks and carry on?

again...

Where's they eye roll smiley?

GAWWD

eye roll smiley? ...eye roll smiley?? ..we don't need no stinkin' eye roll smiley!

madre.jpg
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You're probably right, since you've only lost 13 lbs so far, they're probably just trying to encourage you to continue, but you probably don't look all that good, and you are definitely not shrinking away to nothing. It's a good thing you are very vocal about your weight loss and diet, otherwise no one would even notice. I know, I know, you want to be held accountable and you're not fishing for compliments when you say things like, "I can't eat that cake, I've lost 13 pounds so far and I'm going to keep on losing!" or "No, I can't go to the movies with all of you, I have to go to the gym tonight because I've lost 13 pounds and I've got to keep it up!"

You want a rant, here's a rant. People who use journey or lifestyle change when losing weight. People who constantly complain about how hard it is to lose weight or think they have to alienate everything because it might make them fat to eat a piece of pie at Christmas or Thanksgiving. People who think skipping a work out will make them fall into some kind of fat absorbing abyss. People who complain about not being noticed because they're fat, and then complain about someone noticing them because they lost weight. People who start trying to preach that this food group or that food group is evil, just because they don't like it or they read an article or watched some stupid documentary. People who go on and on about how they are special and they don't lose weight the same way the rest of the planet does, or that they have some special alien DNA that makes them gain 18 lbs of muscle because of one workout.

Take the compliments or just set the people on fire. It's really up to you how you want to handle they annoying people who want to encourage you and help you reach your goals. Heaven forbid your actually just say "Thank you" and then get on with your life.

/RANT

I :heart: you, man! And your little raccoon!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    So I guess you'd rather someone said you look like crap...because by your logic, they'd be lying...so in reality... you look hot!? Yeah? Right? Did you see what I did there?

tumblr_mb4p82UGzd1qba28w.gif

1307228600347.gif
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Get over it.

This weekend my bf's little brother came over. He hadn't seen me in a few months and said, "Wow! You're looking skinny."
    Now, I could've been pissed. I'm not skinny, nor do I aim to be skinny. I could've taken it as an insult. I could've called him a hater or a liar. I could've lectured him. I could've written a thread about it.

Instead, I squealed like a pig, jumped up and down, smiled and said thank you. It was a pat on the back, a way of saying, "good job, I've noticed some changes."

So again, I say: Get over it.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    People just feel obligated to say something because you're vocal about what you're doing. Whether the actual context of the compliment is genuine or not, their hearts are in the right place.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    God I hope I never end up with a Mother in Law that tries to encourage me.

Shakes head. Im so glad I dont have a family- everyone on here who has one just hates them or is constantly celebrating and eating with and supported by them and it pisses them off so bad. Im sorry it's just so horrible in your world.

Right?? It is ridiculous.

Offended by compliments.... what next? o.O
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Saying, "you look fabulous" is much more socially acceptable than saying, "wow, you look hot - I want to take you into the backroom and pound your brains out."
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    crying.gif