Anyone else with this issue???

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It took me forever to drop a size. The heavier you are when you start the more generous the sizing. I was a 22/24 on bottom and 26/28 on top. I'm still wearing most of of the same clothes I was 55 pounds ago. Although my britches are always falling down and my undies don't stay in place like they should. I'm a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. A couple weeks ago I was moving and carrying my end of a heavy piece of furniture and I nearly "dropped trou" in front of the whole neighborhood. Truth be told, all my clothes are stretchy. Even my jeans have some stretch. And I'm prolly still wearing a lot of the same clothes because before I was stretching them to the limit at my heaviest. Now I'm not stretching them at all. I'm looking a lot better these days. Keep it up cuz as you get into smaller sizes you'll go through them faster.

"wardrobe malfunction"
    :laugh:
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, my jeans were a little tight to begin with :laugh: but I do run, I do tons of squats and strength training... and I have more hips/thighs/bum than anyone has business having!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I get where your are frustrated, but I am a short person at 4'11" and I GAIN a pant size with every 5 lbs, ugh!! I am 25lbs up from my normal weight and yes, that is 5 pant sizes. I was a size 2/4 at 105 lbs, size 5/6 at 11, and now I weigh 130 but wear a size 10.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel!

I'm 5'11 and built with a large frame, so it literally takes 30 OR MORE POUNDS (lost or gained) to see a physical difference. It's insane!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I went down three pants sizes in the first 20 lbs. Then I started working out more seriously and doing core work. I've lost 26 since then and not gone down a pant size. It all depends on where you lose it. I have lost almost all of my last 26 lbs in my waist, above the pants. I also haven't lost enought in the chest to go down a shirt size in the last 26. So, I'm curvier and smaller, but no change in clothes :(
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    It is all on how you are built. I only lost one pants size after 35lbs as well but since then I have dopped another 4 with another 30lbs! Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end! It is very frustrating though. Just stick with it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Its because you arent doing HEAVY squats.

Not true. I do squats in Insanity and still haven't gone down a size, although I probably could.

The squats he is talking about and the squats in insanity are two different things. One is body weight exercise and one is weighted exercising. Weight training will be more effective than HIIT (which insanity is) in terms of fat loss. Also, like any other exercise, it just allows you to strengthen the muscle. You dont need squats, but weight training > HIIT > steady state cardio for fat loss. Fat loss = smaller pant size.

I can't even do bodyweight squats now because of my knees! :explode:
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Girl I feel ya! HIPS are the devil. Oh, and I am going through a hard break up as well....sucks.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I have gone up pants sizes doing heavy squats and lunges, sir. Although I must say, I don't mind having a more muscular (and larger) tush. Rounder butt = bigger pants. But believe me, larger pants does NOT always mean you're fatter or less attractive. That is the thinking of our society these days, so fixated on the number.

I do agree with what others are saying as well. Everyone is different. Your body will lose weight in different areas at different times, in which you have no control over. You may be losing fat, muscle, or both. It depends on what you're doing. You may have widely set hip bones, so your pant size will not decrease but rather you will look better IN them.

Pay attention to your body, and never give up. Listen, learn, and move on :)
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options

There is *one* real world correlation: shopping in the woman's section instead of the Plus section. The women's section is full of beautiful clothes. The Plus section is full of fat lady mumus and mom jeans. :sad:

Definitely true! I'm in the in-between now. It sucks, the mumus and mom jeans look saggy on me, but the beautiful clothes look wrong on me. I fit in both, but neither are right for my body shape.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Do you notice how some people lose 30,40 or 50 pounds and go down 5,6,or 7 pants sizes???? I am just now to where I can go down a pants size after 35 pounds lost! What the hell??!!

I've lost 50 lbs and haven't budged a size yet! But I'm wearing them REALLY loose. For me though, it's because alot of my weight is in my rear, so I have to take it with a grain of salt! GOOD LUCK!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yall blow my mind.

Who (besides someone over 300 pounds) loses 50 pounds and doesnt change size?
  • yoovie
    Options

Not true. I do squats in Insanity

lol

this exchange just made me gig
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yah, it took me quite a long time before all my size 12's were too big for me.
    But that said, for the most part, I really was stuffing myself into them. When I previously weighed 140, I was wearing size 10's and there I was at 170 still managing to fit (or squeeze) into only one size larger.

I am now 142-143 and my size 12's are all falling off of me and actually my size 10's that I wore before are also too big for me!
  • yoovie
    Options
    yeah, maybe some people were squeezing into clothes that were way too small to begin with, then they had to lose weight to get to the point where they actually fit properly then they had to lose weight to get smaller than the clothes.

only thing I can think of.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yall blow my mind.

Who (besides someone over 300 pounds) loses 50 pounds and doesnt change size?

apparently a lot of us! I did not start at 300 pounds either.. I don't understand!!!
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this. I have lost 26 lbs and are still in the same size clothes. I wore and 18 and I'm still wearing an 18 comfortably. I can put on stuff that is a 16 but it is too tight. I guess because I'm heavy boned lol. or thick as some will say. I feel the weight loss, but I need to tone everything up I guess in order to finally be able to move down into another clothing size.:wink:
  • ebrown30
    ebrown30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have this same problem. Which is how I gained so much weight because I never used to step on the scale. I have lost 14lbs and am still in my same jeans as when I started and they are not loose yet, so I think I'll be in them for a while longer.

I have been told when I tell people how much I weigh"you can't tell... you carry it well."

Grats on the 35lbs that is something to brag about. :)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I lost 5 lbs before and lost a pant size and I am a guy.

First, it depends where you store your fat. Second, if you concentrate on a moderate deficit and heavy weight training, you will increase fat loss over weight loss. Fat loss is where you see the adjustments in clothes. Weight is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    Clothing sizes are pretty meaningless as well in the grand scheme of things, seeing as they are generally completely arbitrary numbers with no real world correlation.

There is *one* real world correlation: shopping in the woman's section instead of the Plus section. The women's section is full of beautiful clothes. The Plus section is full of fat lady mumus and mom jeans. :sad:

This alone is enough to motivate me to lose weight. once I was able to shop in the normal section again..
    I swear designers are punishing women for being big. Not only are they ugly, but they are expensive!! Eff that. I'm too poor for 70$ mumus.

I agree it is all about body shape. I'm so short that even being overweight, telling other women my size upsets them.
    When I was a lot heavier, it REALLY upset tall girls to know that we wore the same size.

"OMG HOW CAN YOU BE A SIZE 14 TOO?????!?!!!!?!?!" Bwahahahaha!!!

in 40 lbs I went from a 14/16 to a 4/5

But let me tell you how much it SUCKS having to buy all new clothes. I had to get rid of all of my shoes because I went from a size 7.5 to a size 6.
    My shoes! MY PRECIOUS SHOES!!!!!!!! *cry* Some of which aren't even made anymore others I can't afford to replace.
    I miss my Gripfast boots...

So, I'm glad my weight is down and I'm healthier and stuff but seriously; be careful what you wish for.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sucks. But the bottom line is health, not just how hot you can look in clothes....or without them. :wink:

I haven't gone down a single size yet, but everything sure feels looser. I am much happier about lowering my blood pressure and having more energy.