5'0 tall weight loss goals and starting points?

Options

Replies

• xcarbonix
    Options
    I'm 5'0. I'm current 135, started at 140. Aiming for only 120 because I looooved being that size. I know a lot of short people want to be in the lower hundreds but I liked my body with a little fluff.

I do cardio 6x, strength 2x, pilates 2x and yoga 1x a week. I always try to change up what I do within those realms so that my body doesn't get comfortable.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    5'0 here. Starting weight was 228, I'm now 147. I lost half of that before I joined MFP.
  • Meanwi
    Options
    I'm 5'2 146 lbs with a goal of 125 lbs
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    4'11, started at 148lbs, now at 120lbs. it took me a little over a year to get here. i did a lot of walking, then 30 day shred, then i joined a gym for a few months but didn't get the results i wanted (i gained weight, inches, got bigger all around and i hated it) and now i'm doing c25k. i want to get down to 110 or 105 but i've been stuck around 120 for months.
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Another shortie in da house! Five one and a half. Started here at 264 (was 269 a week before that). Down to 253 and change. Heaviest was 290 (17 years ago). Goal is 135.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10" I started out at 180 lbs. and have lost 14 lbs. so far. I am looking to be at or around 120 lbs.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I’m naturally *very* buff-looking, although I’m a medium-light exerciser. I’ve looked this way since I was a kid; I have pictures of me as a 10-yr-old with defined biceps and triceps. I don’t weight-train because I already get mistaken for a body builder, and that’s not the physique I want.

this. except i got asked if i was a gymnast.

i'm 5'0" exactly. heaviest weight was 140. i started using mfp about 3.5 weeks ago, and my weight at that time was 132.5. currently i'm at 127.5. goal weight is 105-110...i'm hoping to get there by christmas.

i stay within my calorie goal of 1200/day, and i do mostly cardio. i try for at least 5x a week but my bare minimum is 3. i also participate in some of the 30 day challenges others post in the forums...right now i'm doing the squat challenge. i've decided to start training with a friend for c25k on friday...i'm not really a runner, but i want to become one. =)
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here's my post from when I met my goal of 110lbs.

5' tall, 2 c-sections. Dropped 65lbs since January '12 after 2nd baby.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740781-65lbs-gone-goal-met-5-frame-mom-of-2

Hope this helps! My exercise info is on the 3rd page I believe if you're interested.
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" my SW was 144.8 and my CW is around 133. My current body fat % is roughly around 28%. My GW is around 120-119 and that's because I want to have some muscle mass since I want a lean/slightly athletic physique. At 120-119 lbs I'd be around 18%-20% body fat. :)

I lost the first 12 lbs by doing Insanity for two cycles and having an extremely low deficit of 1200 per day. I was miserable during that time and honestly felt tired all of the time.

I then took a break and decided to change it up with weight lifting and some light cardio 3 times a week. I also upped my calories to 1500 a day. I lost 5 lbs. after one month of doing that and didn't feel exhausted or fatiqued. I also did lean out nicely and I noticed myself looking "smaller" and more "lean" even though it was only a 5 lb. loss.

I took a break from dieting and exercise due to vacation and the holidays, but started back up last week. I'm currently doing Starting Strength with light cardio 10 minute cardio after lifting 3 x's a week. I'm eating at 1500 cals a day and am making sure to eat at least 1 gram protein/lb of body weight. My macros are 30% carbs/ 30% fats/ 40% protein. Hoping to lean out and lose more body fat by this summer... probably won't reach my ultimate goal by then, but I at least hope to have made some noticeable progress.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Just a smidgen over 5`, started at 263, lost 143, and now sit at 119...
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I started (like seriously started) in January 2012 at 134 lbs. I am very petite and small boned so 134 on me didn't look so hot at least to me I was unhappy with my weight. I did the whole 1200 calorie thing for about 5 months and got down to about 112-115. I was also working out about 5-7 hours a week doing Zumba, running, Interval Training, TRX and spinning. I would always eat back at least some of my exercise calories. I found out at this point that I was seriously hungry and couldn't imagine doing any more workouts. I was at the gym 5-6 days a week. So I did a little research and upped my calories to 1500 which I am pretty happy with. When I scaled back on my cardio and started eating more I broke through my plateau and actually lost another 5 or so lbs. The last few weeks I've gone up and down between 104-108. I've had some health issues and surgery so I haven't been able to go to the gym much so I'm just watching my calories. I should be able to get back in a routine next week I hope. I plan to do 3-4 days a week. I feel like I'm in the tweaking/maintaining stages. I'd look to look a bit more firm but don't really care about the # on the scale anymore. I went from a size 8/10 and medium to a size 2 and extra small so I gotta say I am pretty darn happy with that!
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5' even. Started at 156 and am currently 145. I am hoping to get down to 120. My goal is 1350 calories a day. I have a FitBit and it says my TDEE is approx. 1600-1650 without exercise.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to try...
    5'2" - I personally do not aim for a "scale" weight, as that is really inaccurate measure of true size, shape , composition. Muscle is dense, so you can have alot of muscle, look smaller, tighter, and leaner - but weigh heavier on the scale.

See this example:

Skinny fat vs fit: (heavy lifting)
    http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/2011/05/skinny-fat/

Heavier scale weight - tighter and smaller body:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/160933386653912536/

Both Size 2, one fit, one fat
    http://pinterest.com/pin/160933386653912538/

Stacy, heavier weight, but tighetr. leaner and smaller: (heavier lifting)
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Body Fat percentage images:
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

How to find Goal Weight based on Body fat desired:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

Why women should lift Heavier for best results, not light with many reps.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/414956-here-s-why-women-should-weight-lift-peer-reviewed-studies

So with all that, I actually weigh much heavier then I look. But I am smaller, clothing wise. I am aiming for a roughly 19%-20% bodyfat range. For me thats probably about 120-130 lbs. Will know more when I get closer to that point. :)

I actually weigh More now, then I did a while back - but I am at least two sizes smaller in clothing, tighter all over, and leaner, with some cut abs starting to show. (yay) Many times I loss inches, but not scale weight.

I Lift heavy weights 3 times a week. I eat about 1600 cals a day right now doing the Olivia Method of MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/409954-welcome-the-rules

I was eating 1200, lost weight then stalled. Moved upto 1400, lost a lb or two, then stalled. So now upto 1600 and looks like I am losing again.

For me, I want to loss fat, and keep my lean muscle. So to low a calorie count is a concern for me. I need to keep my muscle, that I work so hard for.

I eat 1 gram or protein per lb of lean body weight most days.

I have a free food/ no cal count day once a week. (lost 60 lbs doing that)

I do a P90X doubles program with heavy weights using P90x and Rushfit.

Thats fast heavier Weights circuits three days a week, cardio 3 days, with rushfit in the PM (cardio on some days, lighter weight circuits others)

When I lift heavy, I have much better, much faster results then lifting light with many reps, and or cardio only.

At 5'2", age 47 I am very strong for my size, many people are shocked. LOL
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    5 feet here. I started MFP about 4 months after I had my son, weighing in at about 135-140 lbs. Now I've passed my pre-pregnancy weight of 126 and am 110.4 currently. My goal for now is 108 lbs, then reassess from there!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", not trying to lose weight. I generally eat 1900 to 2100.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. Currently 136.

My goal is 125 with an ultimate goal of 120.

I have ranged from 115 in my very skinny days to 143 at my heaviest. I'm having a very hard time getting back into the 120's since I had my two boys (who are now 5 and 6).

In a normal week, I usually spin once or twice, kickbox and am trying to incorporate some heavy lifting. I also do strength training classes at least once a week.

Usually when I lose, I eat around 1200 calories and work out and don't eat back my exercise calories. I've been sick for a month and no gym and was eating between 1200-1500 calories and the weight loss has halted. So for ME, I need a decent deficit or my body just stays in maintenance mode. 136 is WAY to heavy for my height. Feel free to add me :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    5' and started at 326 (yeah, I know).

I'm now down to 213 with a goal weight (for now) of 135.

My fitness schedule is strength training 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week but medical issues (surgery) has laid me up so I'm trying hard (and sometimes failing) at eating just my 1200 calories (OMG, I'm ONE OF THOSE!!!) and happy with the small amount of weight loss until I can get back on the fitness horse.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"... my initial goal was to lose 20 lbs and I've done that. I started in mid October and have been doing INSANITY M-Sa and on Sundays I typically do a distance run. I actually like working out daily because I do eat back at least some of my calories (my daily goal is set to 1200) and without those workouts I fear I'd just be too hungry!. I've been really pleased with my weight loss... losing another 10 lbs would be great but may not be possible, we'll see. I start training for a marathon in January, so I'll have to change a lot of stuff up when it comes to exercise, rest days, caloric intake, etc.
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" & I started at 181. I'm down to 150 now, and my goal is 130. If/when I get to 130, I may need to adjust my goals, depending on how it looks on me.

When I last weighed 130, I wore it well & was a size 10. I should note that I carry a LOT of my weight in my boobs. My current bras are 36-H, but they're loose now. Back when I was 130, I was a 36-DD (and this is au naturel). However, now that I'm over 40, I'm losing weight in my boobs more than in my tummy, so I don't know if 130 now will look the same as 130 did 10 years ago. So much of it depends on how you carry your weight. If I wind up as a 36-A, and all the 130 lbs is in my tummy & my butt, it won't look the same!

130 puts me in my target BMI range, but at the higher end. "They say" my target BMI could be as low as 97 lbs., but puh-leeze! I weighed that when I was 12! That's hardly realistic. 120 lbs. would probably be my ideal BMI, but again, it depends on how you carry it. And your age!