started at 177lbs and size 14/16
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    white/ 5'3/ 168lbs/ size 12
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    40 inches of fabric around your waist is quite a lot seeing as how carrying weight around your waist means you're more at risk of heart disease/diabetes etc.
    We have an advert here that says if your waist measures more than 80cm for women (which is 32 inches) it is an indicator of internal fat deposits, which can coat the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas, and increase the risk of chronic disease.

It IS important.
  • lisa9803
    Options
    White+Asian, 5'2", 180 lbs, size 12
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    40 inches of fabric around your waist is quite a lot seeing as how carrying weight around your waist means you're more at risk of heart disease/diabetes etc.
    We have an advert here that says if your waist measures more than 80cm for women (which is 32 inches) it is an indicator of internal fat deposits, which can coat the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas, and increase the risk of chronic disease.

It IS important.

The OP didn't say 40 inches of fabric around the waist. I'm pretty sure she meant total...or at least one complete garment (pants, shirt...whatev).
  • sugar66
    Options
    White 5'6 245lb and british size 22 started out at 326lb size 28 am 46 years old
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

It IS important.

The OP didn't say 40 inches of fabric around the waist. I'm pretty sure she meant total...or at least one complete garment (pants, shirt...whatev).

Size 12 is 40 inches waist...For God's sake, don't be so obtuse. Where do you think they're measuring???
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What does skin color and/or ethnicity have to do with anything? That's ridonkulous.
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!

White 5'4" 169 lbs size 12
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Native American/Caucasian 5' 3" 146lbs I'm in between a 12 and a 10.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    White/American Indian, 5'7", 157, 10/12. Yes, that's right, a 10 or a 12. I'm always a way higher clothing size than other people with similar height and weight. :(
  • princesscookiepops80
    Options
    white, 5'5 , 230, size 16
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

It IS important.

Size 12 is 40 inches waist...For God's sake, don't be so obtuse. Where do you think they're measuring???

Size 12=40" waist? Really? In all of the size charts I've ever seen, it's more like a 31-32" waist, maybe 40-41" hips. My measurements are 36-30-39 and I'm a 10. 47 years old, white, 5'5.5" 144 lbs. Started out at 41-36-43 and 165 lbs, somewhere between a 14 and a 16.

This size reference chart is interesting. You can plug in your measurements and it shows what size fits you of various brands. U.S. folks, be sure to toggle over to the U.S. button in the upper right hand corner. The default setting shows U.K sizes (approximately one size up from U.S.)

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
  • Reinventing_Me
    Options

It IS important.

My size 12 was NOT a 40 inch waist...it was smaller. The image that came to MY mind (since I sew) was fabric, measured and cut. If I'm wrong, sue me. But I'm pretty sure that proves the entire point of this thread: that "size" is not always an accurate indicator of one's true SIZE.

For kicks and giggles, I looked at some ladies clothing measurement charts and not one of them listed a size 12 as a 40 inch waist. The largest waist size I came across was 31.5 inches for a size 12.

Sooo...
  • Reinventing_Me
    Options

It IS important.

Size 12=40" waist? Really? In all of the size charts I've ever seen, it's more like a 31-32" waist, maybe 40-41" hips. My measurements are 36-30-39 and I'm a 10. 47 years old, white, 5'5.5" 144 lbs. Started out at 41-36-43 and 165 lbs, somewhere between a 14 and a 16.

This size reference chart is interesting. You can plug in your measurements and it shows what size fits you of various brands. U.S. folks, be sure to toggle over to the U.S. button in the upper right hand corner. The default setting shows U.K sizes (approximately one size up from U.S.)

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

Thank you! You posted this before I could (I'm still at work). I was like "no way 12=40".
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    What does skin color and/or ethnicity have to do with anything? That's ridonkulous.

Just to clarify, race doesn't have anything to do with it, that's my point. But your genectic background does and certain races do carry certain forms, therefore they could weigh differently, look differently to. Admit it or not it's true!!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    I assumed size 12 US was a 40 inch waist, I'm European so I didn't know it wasn't. This thread is horsesh!t.
    I know that European cows go "SHAZOO!", but how do European horses go?
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    Just to clarify, race doesn't have anything to do with it, that's my point. But your genectic background does and certain races do carry certain forms, therefore they could weigh differently, look differently to. Admit it or not it's true!!
    Race has nothing to do with it, but... does? :huh:
  • hiphopjunkie02
    hiphopjunkie02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im White, 5' 4 1/2, 171 wear a size 9/10
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!