Size 12= about 40 inches of fabric

Options

Replies

• FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, it really put things in perspective for me. :)

Black, 5'3, 158-160 lbs, size 12 jeans and PROUD. :
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    white 48 5'5" 219 lbs size 22 (it's ALL in my stomach!)

If I didn't have this huge tummy, I'd probably wear 16/18.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    White, 27

128-130lbs
    5ft
    size 6-7 jeans
    size 4-6 dresses/tops.
  • karenragusa
    Options
    HI I AM BACK TO A SIZE 12 WAS A 14 -16 ENJOY THE SIZE YOU ARE AND IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT DO IT
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    40 inches of fabric around your waist is quite a lot seeing as how carrying weight around your waist means you're more at risk of heart disease/diabetes etc.
    We have an advert here that says if your waist measures more than 80cm for women (which is 32 inches) it is an indicator of internal fat deposits, which can coat the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas, and increase the risk of chronic disease.

It IS important.

The OP didn't say 40 inches of fabric around the waist. I'm pretty sure she meant total...or at least one complete garment (pants, shirt...whatev).

Size 12 is 40 inches waist...For God's sake, don't be so obtuse. Where do you think they're measuring???

Size 12=40" waist? Really? In all of the size charts I've ever seen, it's more like a 31-32" waist, maybe 40-41" hips. My measurements are 36-30-39 and I'm a 10. 47 years old, white, 5'5.5" 144 lbs. Started out at 41-36-43 and 165 lbs, somewhere between a 14 and a 16.

This size reference chart is interesting. You can plug in your measurements and it shows what size fits you of various brands. U.S. folks, be sure to toggle over to the U.S. button in the upper right hand corner. The default setting shows U.K sizes (approximately one size up from U.S.)

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

No, it would be about a 20 inch waist. You need fabric on both front and back, or you would have a loin cloth, not a skirt.

Thank you!! I knew I meant what I said!!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    White Female
    49 years old
    5' 10"
    169 pounds
    Size 12 pants
  • suckerlove
    Options
    white 5'3 218 size 18
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am fifty years old
    I am five feet nine inches tall

At 200 lbs I wore a size 18/20 comfortably
    At 180 lbs I wore a size 16 comfortably
    At 170 lbs I wore a size 14 comfortably
    At 160 lbs I wore a size 12 comfortably
    At 150 lbs I wear a size 10 comfortably

I can wear a size 8 dress if it is high end brand.....
  • runninpal
    Options
    White
    5"5'
    Size 10/12
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Caucasian, 176 pounds, size 16. I would kill to be a size 12 in pants (or anything for that matter) but I'm not sure my wide hipbones will allow it. So I guess I'll always look fat, huh?
  • birdielove10
    birdielove10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Caucasian
    5'8"
    12/14 (getting loose)

:happy:
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Caucasian, 176 pounds, size 16. I would kill to be a size 12 in pants (or anything for that matter) but I'm not sure my wide hipbones will allow it. So I guess I'll always look fat, huh?

No mam! And congrats on your loss! Wonderful!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    <snip>

No, it would be about a 20 inch waist. You need fabric on both front and back, or you would have a loin cloth, not a skirt.

Yep. Before I found size charts online, I measured the fabric around on my old jeans that I'm trying to get back into. So I knew exactly what you meant. My 43" waist and 49" hips need to both go down another inch and a half. But the last several pounds I dropped came from somewhere that wasn't my waist, hips, thighs, calves, or arms. :laugh:

(oh, and I'm white, with a black lady's bandonkadonk! :laugh: -- and I can't even dance to show it off in the clubs! rofl )
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Caucasian
    5'8"
    12/14 (getting loose)

:happy:

Cool ticker!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    <snip>

Yep. Before I found size charts online, I measured the fabric around on my old jeans that I'm trying to get back into. So I knew exactly what you meant. My 43" waist and 49" hips need to both go down another inch and a half. But the last several pounds I dropped came from somewhere that wasn't my waist, hips, thighs, calves, or arms. :laugh:

(oh, and I'm white, with a black lady's bandonkadonk! :laugh: -- and I can't even dance to show it off in the clubs! rofl )

Don't.feel bad, me either, lol.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Love this!!

Caucasian
    5'7
    211lbs
    14/16 depending on the brand.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    White
    5'7
    151 pounds
    Size 8, almost ready for a size 6
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    White, 6' (I know, I'm too tall) 217 and size 12/14 depending on the style of the jeans.

No. Way. I long to be taller!

white, 5'6", 233#, 18-26 (depends upon manufacturer)(usually 24 or 2x)
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ah mah zing post! Love it!
    I am a mutt really, but my mom is white and my dad is black which makes me a 23 year old halfsie. 5' 5.5'' 187.5 size 10 almost a size 8!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    so much quoting! *grabs popcorn*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!