Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I vote everyone drop their political agendas for a while and take the time to recognize the magnitude of the tragedy here. There will be time for proselytizing later. JMO.

The whole thing makes me really nauseous. It's bad. Really, really bad.

Thank you. So agree.

There is a time and place for sensible discussion. This ain't it.

My daughter is about the age of the kids that died today. Their parents will never get to kiss them again. Let's hold off on the blame and arguments.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I vote everyone drop their political agendas for a while and take the time to recognize the magnitude of the tragedy here. There will be time for proselytizing later. JMO.

^This.

Children were killed. Innocent children who had done no harm to anyone, were ****ing slaughtered. Using this tragedy as an excuse to push your political opinions is beyond disgusting.

My heart absolutely breaks for anyone affected by this monstrous crime. Hold your children close, and remember what truly matters.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    stupid people suck!! If it wasnt a gun it would be something else.
    Evil just wants to hurt it doesnt care in what manner.
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    Want to leave work so badly and just hold my babies close. There are just no words, just so sick to my stomach and the tears won't shut off.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

The world has gone effin insane!

No, just the USA.

Also today...
    22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school in China

heard about this. :(
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

AGREED!
  • kshanika
    kshanika Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So disturbing..................my prayers goes out to all the families affected by this tragic event. :(
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I don't even have kids and it still makes me want to cry.

Same here. I can't even imagine how those parents feel. :cry:
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have goosebumps all over my body and so thankful my baby girl is home with me as I type this
    RIP Angels :heart: :heart:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    These horrible shootings and stabbings are crimes against us all and have the potential to eat away at our humanity. There is a lingering malignancy of anger and discontent and blame that is a knee jerk reaction. This ripple effect of world wide shock and disbelief leads us to look for rationality in the irrational and it cannot be found. This hurts us all. Do not allow it to lessen us.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Awful... just awful... :sad:
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is beyond tragic. There is no way to undestand somethnig so devestating. My prayers are with all of the children, families, teachers, emergency services responders and the comunity as a whole.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    The U.S. has had too many incidents, too close together, of crazy people with guns going off and shooting innocents.
    How many months ago was Colorado?
    It's heartbreaking that yet another has whipped out a gun, killed children and adults at a school, and then turned his gun on himself.
    It is important to discuss how such tragedies can be prevented in the future.
    Such a discussion is not politicization, but a drive for rationality.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The worst part about this is...I'm not even surprised this could happen anymore! That's the scariest part of this. It's become a normal thing that happens once or twice a year now.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Lord, please send peace and comfort to those who were harmed and rest the souls of those who were lost. Why can't something be done about those damned guns? My thought's and prayers go out to all affected...:brokenheart: :cry:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The U.S. has had too many incidents, too close together, of crazy people with guns going off and shooting innocents.
    It's heartbreaking that yet another has whipped out a gun, killed children and adults at a school, and then turned his gun on himself.

Discussion is important.

Just not today. Let people grieve.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    This is horrible no matter who the victim is, but something about a lot of them bein in kindergarden makes it so much worse. My thoughts are between wainting to run out and get my son, and wanting to beat the hell out of this guy, of course he took the cowards way out.

So sad and angry that something like this can happen.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

This is not a time for debate, but it is important to point out that the US is not the only place where mass killings take place. You can use this tragedy to support your soap box campaigne next week, today is about the torture and tearing apart of these poor families. This time is about respecting their pain, chaos, and loss.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This absolutely breaks my heart. What is this world coming to when these senseless acts of violence happen more and more often. My heart goes out to everyone affected. :cry:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The worst part about this is...I'm not even surprised this could happen anymore! That's the scariest part of this. It's become a normal thing that happens once or twice a year now.

I agree completely. Really, how can we be surprised that children are being killed? There was organized killing of them based on religion in the 30s and 40s, an entire crusade that used them in war.

The world is not getting more insane. It, like everything around us, is some sort of organized chaos that we can both predict and be surprised at all at the same time.

I wish things were different today. I wish so many things were different. My thoughts will be nowhere but on those children and families, in Connecticut and in China.
This discussion has been closed.