Why do people hide their diaries?

Options

Replies

• laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    No one must know of the things, the horrible things, that I endlessly force into my mouth. Agonizing weeks go by, lips, cracked and dry from eating nothing but rolled oats without water. The things . . . those awful things. I keep putting them in my mouth and chewing in a macabre choreography of shame and gluttony! Oh, God, would that I could share the burden of my consumption, but I dare not. I couldn't live with myself know that I had inflicted the knowledge, oh, the dreadful knowledge of my food diary upon another soul.

I love you.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I love you.

And I would friend you, but then things would change. You could see my diary.
    It . . .
    would be bad.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have mine open for friends. I am in maintenance now so my diary may be different than most. Also, I HATE unrequested feedback. Gets on my nerves. I do what works for me....and being that I have lost 118 pounds, I think it is working...don't need anyone trying to change my mind. Those are my main reasons :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest for any one that has posted pics on the MFP website that maybe keeping their diary private. If you type your user name into google images your pics will be on there in all their glory.

So, if you want to remain anonymous to everyone make sure you don`t use the same user name on other websites
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I like looking at other people's diaries to get ideas for cooking meals and to see the calorie count of various food items.
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    I don't see the point in having it open. Who cares? Eat your own dang food.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    "People" do
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    totaly agree ive had one a few months ago for a while and jus started again and went in and was like wow lol i didnt know there was all this stuff!
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. I have nothing to hide. I do give some of my friends grief when they don't have their's available to view by their friends or me. lol. I like to critique people's food. You all are on here for encouragement. Open it up, let people view and I bet you'll clean up your food intake. :)
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    I don't want other people's (aside from friend's) opinions.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    why assume that anyone has one?
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Also, weight loss is incredibly personal. Someone critiquing my food, in all honestly, will make me want to get seconds. *I* have to decide what goes in my mouth and no one else. Depending on someone else to say my food is wrong or there's too much will get me nowhere. If I am educated on what I should eat, then it's all me at that point.
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I dont keep mine open because what I eat is none of your ****ing business.
    Having an open diary also invites people to judge things you say or auto-assume you are wrong about arguments based on something you have in your food diary.
  • DarkHours
    DarkHours Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not here for you or for anyone else.
    I'm here for me and my health.
    It's no one's business what I eat, and my work on my health is not for anyone's inspiration, education or entertainment but my own.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love you.

And I would friend you, but then things would change. You could see my diary.
    It . . .
    would be bad.

It's a forbidden love. I understand.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I've recently went from having my diary public to closing it in order to keep track of some health issues I'm dealing with that I would rather not have strangers in the internet world not know about.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Because I like Big Mac's and there are a lot of McD!ck haters :flowerforyou:
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. I have nothing to hide. I do give some of my friends grief when they don't have their's available to view by their friends or me. lol. I like to critique people's food. You all are on here for encouragement. Open it up, let people view and I bet you'll clean up your food intake. :)

That's a large, and untrue, assumption. I am here primarily to use MFP's diary tools, and have reluctantly acquired some friends, but not because I want cheerleaders or overlords mucking around in my business. I exercise alone and in my own time, never because anyone else is looking, and I eat according to my own lights, resources and convenience. I've met some nice people, but that's not why I came.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have reasons for keeping mine closed. I wrote a whole blog about it about a month ago.

But really, how does it affect you and your weight loss goals? If people want to have theirs closed that's their business. Will not being able to see everything people eat affect your efforts in any way?

Precisely. Take your voyeuristic tendencies elsewhere.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    . I do give some of my friends grief when they don't have their's available to view by their friends or me. lol. I like to critique people's food. You all are on here for encouragement. Open it up, let people view and I bet you'll clean up your food intake. :)

This right here is why mine is private. I am here for me and my health - not "encouragement" - and certainly not "encouragement" that takes the form of someone ragging on my food choices. I'm a big girl, I can make the decision of whether or not to stuff a big Mac down my throat and accept the consequences without your "encouraging" input. Having an open diary would clean up my diary-not my food habits. Thanks though...