have you lost 40lbs + ?

Options

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The first 40 went in about 5 months. The next 30 took me another 6 months. I'm static there now, but cool with it for now as I'm way stronger at this weight than I was 3 months ago at this weight.

That's the lean and mean change that heavy lifting can help with.
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have lost 77 lbs so far since last March :) I do use a Dietician which is super helpful, but the exercise has been all on me with a few motivating group exercise instructors :) I would like to meet 160 lbs and stay there :)
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg
    wow. that is all I can say!
  • Eatone1
    Options
    10 Months.
    Lost the first 30 in 6 months, took a break and then lost the final 10.
    It will depend on how close you will be to your goal weight when you lose the 40.
    If you're super heavy, you'll drop it much sooner.
    For me, all I needed to lose was 40. =)
    Good luck! Here's what I looked like after my 33 lbs.
    IMG_3047-2-1-1.jpg
    you look very healthy. good job.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yup :)

it was a hard 8 months
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

SHOWOFF, lol. ED YOU ROCK BRO
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    8244039524_779695f3a3_m.jpg

Nothing next to some of them but I am still proud, just wait until my final pic. IT WILL BE EPIC, to be continued........
  • Eatone1
    Options
    I started in May. I've lost 46 pounds so far.

This is the most recent picture. I take one every ten pounds, so I have a few weeks before the next one.

As you can see, I carry my weight in my butt. I have the standard pear shape.

20qdv7l.jpg

18i0xt.jpg
    great job!!
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    For some reason my stuff is not showing up for me. It took me about 11 weeks to lose 47 pounds.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    before 256

13276854_1774.jpg

during 200

IMG_20121104_131432.jpg

still in progress 192

405048_312081012238804_344070651_n.jpg
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics other than my profile pic, but I started at 303 on June 1, 2012 and am now at 241 on Dec. 15, 2012. I have lost 62 lbs in 6 1/2 months. The first 2 1/2 months, I lost 21 lbs. Then I started MFP in Mid-Aug. at 282 and lost the last 41 lbs since, using this site. I plan to lose the next 101 lbs in the next year, if I can!! I want this weight loss to be permanent, so I don't want to lose too fast in that I will not be able to keep it off. If it takes two years, so be it. I am feeling better as each pound goes away forever.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ehh 40 took about 7 months. Had a small plateau there for a little. Now working on the last 10 and toning. Pics on my page.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    52 LBS off since I got serious in April. Before and current pics to follow.
    2lk4daq.jpg taken June 2011

sy9etd.jpg Taken after losing 45 LBS
  • Adam_72
    Options
    Some great pictures and success stories.

Ive been at this a long time , down , up , up

But just over 3 months ago I got serious with my eating and the weights been dropping ever since

3 months ago I weighed 112kg - 247 pounds
    I am currently weighing 85.7kg - 189 pounds

Im down 26.3kg - 58 pounds
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    nearly 4 times now, yep...

taken since end of July 2011 to lose the 158lb's
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have lost 188 pounds in almost 19 months

Damn! You look great!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started in April 2011, and I've lost 40 pounds since then. It's taken me a long time, and I'm not real sure why. I'll have months (like March and July of this year) where I don't really do anything different that what I've been doing and I miraculously drop 7 pounds in a month. Then there's the rest of the year when my progress feels excruciatingly slow. I haven't really figured my metabolism out, I guess you could say.

I read a lot on MFP about different ways of doing things (eating back exercise calories/not eating back the calories/different ways of calculating BMR, etc.) I'm letting MFP set my calories and goals for now. If anyone has advice about how I can shed these last 15 pounds, I'd be happy to hear it. It seems like I've been stuck at 150 for months now with no movement one way or another.

I do yoga twice a week, lift one day a week, and take a total body conditioning class three times a week. Plus, I walk about an hour every day. I'm generally eating around 1500 calories on average. Not sure where I'm going wrong.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66lbs since beginning of Feb. I won't post pictures cos they come up huge lol but should be on my profile :)
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Has taken me almost a year *sigh* - slow going but still worth it as I'd far rather be where I am now than where I was this time last Christmas. And the reason it has taken so long.......... I don't exercise. So I can't complain, lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!