have you lost 40lbs + ?

Options

Replies

• Morethanwillpower12
    Options
    73lbs lost total from my highest weight :) My profile pic is my before (a little less than 264lbs) and current (191lbs). I hope to have an after (150lbs) by this time next year.

I have lost 58lbs of the 73lbs since joining myftnesspal in March 2012. :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds since September 11, 2012.
    Great job, John!
  • lewcompton
    Options
    Around 180 lbs in 18 months. I bounce between 179 - 183 lbs lost depending on TOM.
    Congratulations on a spectacular job well done!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    took me right around a year to lose the first 100lbs. currently working on losing the last 20lbs.
  • lewcompton
    Options
    Awesome job Mary!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to take it slow this time. I've lost weight really fast before and it usually came back. I've lost 60+ since January 2012 (Jan 21st I think to be exact).

It's just been a slow process. I exercise 5-6 times a week and count calories.

Honestly, the scale has been stuck within 5lbs of the same weight for the last 2 months or so, but I'm still losing clothing sizes.
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am at 71 lbs and it took me 12 months - not trying to rush this since it is a huge lifestyle change
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lost 42 pounds in 11 weeks :)
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just hit 40 lbs last week and my half way mark. It took me 9 months at an average of 5 lbs loss every month to get my 40.
  • KBM51
    KBM51 Posts: 8
    Options
    Took about 72 days but had a lot to work with at beginning, LOL! That was without any real exercise other than yardwork, etc. Now I feel more like walking, etc...even took bike to shop for tune-up! Good luck everyone...awesome site.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 80 pounds and it has taken me about 5 years to get here with numerous starts and stops but I wouldn't change my journey one bit because I have done a lot of growing in that period of time. Here are some photos...

November 2006, granted I was 8 months pregnant at this point but still extremely overweight at almost 300 pounds.
    Thanksgiving2006.jpg

May of 2010
    BL1.jpg

October of 2011
    Shaysphotoshoots025.jpg

June of this year
    Shaysphotoshoots034.jpg
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I've lost almost 87 lbs since January of this year.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    On my MFP journey, I've lost almost 45 lbs in 8 1/2 mos. Slow but steady. In the past 9 mos, I've lost 55 lbs.

In a grand total of my weight that I've kept off in just under 8 1/2 years, I'm at 197 lbs lost. I've been lower than this, but I'm happy at this weight.

Ribbetcollage40-1.jpg
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Almost 100 lbs

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG1928.jpg
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started my journey end of July and have lost 45 pounds to date so it took 4.5 months to get there....
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    61.5 pounds in 145 days.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    61 lbs in 355 days on MFP - and pretty much all through just diet as I have problems exercising.
  • tarakizer
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in 4 months, but that was because I did the medically supervised HMR diet. Been in maintenance mode for about a month. Loving the results. Sticking to my plan 100%.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've lost 68 since July of this year. Aiming to hit that 75 pound mark by Christmas. I started with exercising and keeping a food journal, and then started here on MFP and it has been amazing! I now workout every day, although I do let myself take it easy once in a while. I TOTALLY cut out fast food, and pretty much cut out alcohol and pop with the exception of a very rare drink. I also disconnected the TV in my living room so I wouldn't be tempted to be a couch potato every evening. Having supportive friends who wanted to workout with me was a huge plus! I still have about 41 pounds to go to hit my first major goal, and then I'll reassess and see where I want to go from there!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

^ So happy for you - you are such an inspiration! :) ^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!