have you lost 40lbs + ?

Options

Replies

• mlworstell
    mlworstell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

HOLY CRAP BRO! What an amazing transformation! You look great...
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    50 pounds since July, so 5 months? Hopefully I'll drop these next 50 in the same time.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 last year. This year, it took me almost 6 months exactly to drop 40.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weighed 191lbs in the summer of 2010. I did Weight Watchers and got down to 184lb (that was the start of my 2011 summer). I started dieting in July 2011 and have lost a total of 53lbs. I did the 17 Day Diet to begin with and then started watching what I eat and moving move! I eat what I want in moderation. I try to exercise a little bit everyday.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I started in February, and I hit 40lbs lost, just this past week. I've averaged about 0.9 lbs loss per week. (Some weeks more, some less, but that's the average)

I've been deliberately aiming for slow loss, because I want this to be a permanent change.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Lost an average of one pound per week for a whole year. Was not linear some weeks I lost more and some less. Even hit a plateau for a few weeks towards the end but it averaged out the same. Maintaining muscle mass was just as much of a priority for me as losing the weight so I was not in a hurry.
  • _AalexisA_
    _AalexisA_ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING !!!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I have lost 60 pounds since September 11, 2012.
  • ambate2
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs so far w/ MFP. I started 290 days ago (so mid/end of Feb 2012). At first I had set my calorie goals to just lose 0.5lbs/wk so i could get used to counting calories and pretty much not GAIN any more weight. I didn't get "serious" and set it to 1lb/wk until mid April. I didn't start really exercising (beyond just walking) until mid June.
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    joined 30 july 2012 51lbs down so far
  • erookjr
    erookjr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    40 lbs exactly since May 2012.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    September 10, 2012 @ 315 pounds.
    November 15, 2012 @ 275 pounds.

So, 2 months and 5 days.

BUT... my doctor had me on a super strict low calorie high protein diet to drop weight FAST because I was at a very critical place in my health. Once I dropped that first 40, we changed it all up and now I am supposed to be losing at a much more realistic and sustainable rate.

Next weigh in is the end of next week, so we'll see that I did in month 3. :smile:
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yep...first 40 came off in about 4 months. Second 40 took another 17 months. Surprisingly, it doesn't bother me it's happening much slower now. It's still coming off, so why worry. Besides, I'm too busy being awesome.

2004ish-2012resized.jpg
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I have lost 44lbs in 16 months.
    I was 192 lbs and now weigh 148 lbs. If I can get down to 140 lbs I will be happy as I am quite tall, at 5ft 10 :)

40 lbs was lost on my own and 4lbs is through MFP :) I have so many encouraging friends, it's no wonder so many people achieve their goals on here!! To everyone on this post: WOW!! Well done :) You've all done brilliantly :D xx
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i have lost 79 total..only 35 since I have been on here! I guess it has been around 10 months since I began my journey!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Since being on MFP I've lost 38. So from July to now. But officially since February I'm down 50 lbs.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just hit the 45lb mark today! It took me like 7 or 8 months. It seems to be very slow, but it's working!
    My MFP friends have been awesome motivators!
    Due to my age and several medical issues, it took me a year to lose 45 pounds then another year to lose 15 pounds. I'm thinking it will take another year to lose the last 15 pounds. I don't know how to post pics or I'd gladly do so.

Great job! Good for you for sticking with it! I know a lot of people who lose slowly and just give up. You should be proud of yourself!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    45 pounds since late March/early April. Never took starting pics - a decision I now regret a bit. I averaged .18 pounds a day or 5.4 days to lose 1 pound.
  • slrobin88
    slrobin88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 50lb mark on Sunday, and I started my weight loss journey in April of 2011. It's taken me quite a while! About 17lbs more to go to be in my healthy BMI range!
  • ActionStephen
    ActionStephen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lost 48. trying reallly hard to get below 200. almost there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!