• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have lost 188 pounds in almost 19 months

Wow! You look amazing!
  • cmack01
    cmack01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Started in July 2012 at 198lbs. On Novenber 30ths weigh in I was at 160lbs. Total of 38lbs. !!!!!!:smile:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 40 lbs so far and it's taken me 11 months to do so. I chose to do it slow and steady and am now close to my goal weight. Looking at other people's, mine seems slow, but 45 is pretty much all I want to lose. Everyone is different and all of our journeys are different so the numbers will never be the same.

I won't post any pics now until I reach my one year at the end of this month.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My first 44 pounds came off in 108 days (about 3 1/2 months) or about 2.8 pounds per week.
  • littletornado
    Options
    I've lost 44lbs so far. This took me about 5 months.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 265 to 180 in just a few months by eating only one bunless hamburger at night, popping ephedra pills during the day and walking for hours daily when I was 21 (NOT healthy), but gained back 40, excluding baby weight, after I got pregnant with my first child and I've been stalled now for years. I just figured out I've been doing it to myself by getting angry/impatient and cutting cals and exercising as much as I thought I could for a while, then getting more and more food obsessed and more and more fatigued and gaining right back. I'd get some energy back from that, so I'd start exercising, cut cals again, rinse, repeat... I'm a smart girl, but that didn't stop me from being willfully stupid for a very long time. Re-feeding now without binging and not gaining and feeling much better. Adding in more exercise as I feel better and promising myself NOT to cut cals so much again, and to take it slow. I hope now to steadily lose again, even if not as fast as I might like.
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got 47lbs gone. Went from a 19/20 jeans to a currently loose 16. It took me 226 days to lose it :) I got another 36lbs to go until my goal weight, then I'll decided if I'm happy at that weight :)
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on May 17th. My ticker is from then. I have lost over 50 lbs in almost 7 months....but I am now four weeks pregnant so I have taken myself off of eating at a deficit and just trying to maintain for now.
  • lindyjo324
    lindyjo324 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about 10 months to lose 40 lbs. I have another 50 to go and now that I've found my rhythm, I hope to lose that by the end of June.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    If you have lost more than 40 pounds... how long did it take you to lose it?

post pictures if you want =)

Ive lost 40 on MFP and 13 before MFP. I lost the 40 in 5 months (to the day!) and the 13 pounds 2 weeks before that. (water weight i assume.. )
    My weight loss album is on my facebook profile. Which I am in the process of updating with my side by sides.. (the album is open to the public.) Heather Evilone Rider is my facebook name.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I started in June 2011 I planned to lose 10/month but it actually took about 4.5 months to lose the 40lbs.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It took about around 5 mos to lose 40 lbs. with exercise and cutting my food intake.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    you guys are all amazing! so i've learn it takes from around 6 months to 15 months to lose the weight depending on your starting weight. I'm 5'3 185 lbs now I want to lose 40 by may of next year, you guys think it's possible? I dnt lose much weight but I have been losing inches.

I think it all depends but that's a good average. For me I started @ 213 lbs in early August 2011 got to 168 lbs at the end of February 2012 so that was 6 months. However since then I've hit a plateau so I'm bouncing around 170 to 175 lbs. The way I was able to tell that I started to regain weight is because I started gaining inches so I came back to MFP. Hoping that this time the plateau breaks and doesn't discourage me.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 39.5 pounds so I can't post in this thread. :(

But since August.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i am up to 45lbs lost........and stuck!
    joined SFP to get over this plateau.....
    i started the weight loss journey (again) april 2012 by following the south beach plan.
    joined sfp about 2 weeks ago
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    45 pounds, started on 12/31/11, got to goal on 11/24/12.. most of it last in six months...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 106 since the first of July... Yes, five months... I don't like the word lost it implies that I have to find those pounds again... something I definitely don't want to do.
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    christ you have done amazing well done
  • lewcompton
    Options
    I have lost 188 pounds in almost 19 months
    Wow! Awesome job and quite the transformation...
  • lewcompton
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg
    Freaking awesome job... From Jabba to Jawbreaker! You are a real inspiration to all... You lost more than most people on here ever weigh... You are one of my real heroes... Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!