Size 12= about 40 inches of fabric

Options

Replies

• TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good post, I completely agree with you. My hips, thighs and butt are bigger then my upper body and always has been. Even at 5'8 125-130lbs I still in some pants wore an 8 because of this. Currently, I am white 29 5'8 180lbs in a size 12 (a little loose in the waist a little tight in the legs at times.) No, I am not happy with the weight I am at but am I at any serious health risk being at a size 12? No, my blood pressure is optimal and my body is in good working order.

I do not really understand why some people seem to be posting in order to make you acknowledge the fact that you are overweight if wearing a size 12 or more. Obviously, if we are taking part in MFP we are attempting to get healthier and fitter; however, you are unaware of the lifestyle that someone leads. I know many women who are size 2's that are incredibly unhealthy. Size means some but not all. I don't understand the point in posting comments to judge people that are trying to gain support and motivation. I believe the true meaning of this tread was to demonstrate that different people have different body shapes and therefore clothing fits them differently.
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    White,5'3 at heaviest 220, size 18
    at lightest 130, size 9.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great post! Agree 100%!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    white/5'5"/148/ size 6
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    black 5'4" 180lbs Size 10
  • HeyHeyLynn
    HeyHeyLynn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wish I could buy clothes at the same stores you all do. I've always been mystified by the size people say they wear. For example, Kirstie Allie in a size 6...in what universe does she live?
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well said! White, 5' 5 1/2", 192, size 16
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and my age is 41...36-29-42.5 wearing a size 14and I weigh173. Black woman.. Lol!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Black, 5'4, 153, tight 10/loose 12.

For the record, I have a 29 inch waist and 42 inch hips. THAT is why I wear a 12.

This is me too! 29 inch waist and 43 inch hips.

I'm in the same boat y'all. That's exactly where I started almost 2 years ago. Now my waist is 25" and my hips are still almost 39". :grumble: They cannot possibly get any smaller than that. That's why I can barely squeeze into a 4 at only 115lbs.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Latina, 5'7", 185 lb, and US size 12.
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is me at a size 12.. the size I'm trying to get back to. Sorry it's sideways.
    5'9 160 lbs

DSC02154.png
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    black/white mix, 5' 10" 240lbs, size 16-18
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I am. A mutt I guess. I wouldn't consider myself white but I wouldn't consider myself anything else too.
    I'm 5'4, 113, size 2.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I really love what you have posted here, and I agree with your sentiment. We need to appreciate the bodies we have, and work towards something that is in the realm of possibilities for our own body type.

I see so many people asking how they can change not only their fitness level but also their body shape. It bums me out seeing women set themselves up for failure.

White 5'5 171 size 10
  • emilykedb
    emilykedb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    White
    Five foot and two inches.
    132lbs
    UK size 10/12 on the bottom
    Varies from a XS - M on top. I have a small waist.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    White, 5ft 7, 13 stone 4, size UK 14
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    white, 5' 4" 171 lbs. Size 10-12
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    42 years olds, caucasian, 5.7, 270lbs. , size 22-24 I have to say that I look GREAT in a 12 but have been accused of being anarexic in a size 10....I agree that everyones body is different. I don't think it's physically possible for my bone structure to EVER be a 4!!!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    OP, you are spot on, well spoken, and I really like your post.
    Shredtweet seems to simply be a negative person, and it's certainly hard not to argue with her. Thankful I dont have time for that today lol

white 5'10" 249 size 18 (and so thankful that i'm getting smaller/healthier every day)
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Love your post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!