5 Pounds A Month March 2010 Challenge

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow the months has whizzed by. Congratulations Angelwings on the weight loss.
    Terri, Surely the gain today was water retention. We'll see by Friday if you are down again. I am sure you will be.
    I lost 5.5 pounds this month Feeling great. I think today I will get out the sewing machine and take in a few of my baggy pants. I took in a t-shirt this morning before I went out because it was too loose. took my measurements and lost an inch in my waist, one in my thighs, one in my hips and even one in my bust! Life is great! It has not been easy but it has been worth it. I like the slow and steady progress. Each week one pound doesn't sound like too much but it all adds up.

SW 159
    3/1 - 150.5
    3/5 - 149!
    3/12 - 147
    3/19 - 146
    3/26 - 145
    3/31 - 145

Good luck everyone and can't wait to start APRIL and see what happens next month as well.
    Phyllis:wink:

Look at you! You are almost 1/2 way to your goal. That has got to feel so awesome!:drinker: :drinker:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Angelwings, Terri, Phylis and others "losers"., congrats. That is great. I'm still in the lurks. I'm down at my mother's, gottat take her in this am for some minor surgery, but I weighed on her scale and I made the 5 lb. loss by 2 lbs. But, you know how scales can vary. I'll weigh in on my won tomorrow and report. At any rate, I'm celebrating. :smile:
    Spring break is a downer here as well, Its cold, rainy, sometimes snowy. I drove the 2 hr. trip to mom's yesterday and went the gamit of weather. Started with drizzle, then rain, then snow. And that was fefore i even left town. Later getting down here it was just rainy off and on with patched of blue sky, but cold (20s - 30s). Ya gotta love the weather in Idaho.
    Good luck on the job hunting rj. I know the right job is out there waitng for you and needs your talent.
    Terri, we will continue this next month,right?
    Checking in tomorrow,
    Jacque

I plan to continue this challenge next month also. I think we have found a great group of supportive and dedicated people.
    Your drive sounds like the one we did on Christmas day. We left my parents and it was snowing hard with very little visibility. The drifts were so high we did not think the four wheel drive was going to make it. The further east we drive the lighter the snow became and by the time we were an hour from our house it was raining. That was an odd one for Minnesota. Yesterday was in the 70's. This has been a strange spring but after the long cold winter it feels good.

I will start a new thread tomorrow and post the link here so everyone can find us.

Snack time is almost over so I better get the little ones out of their high chairs.

Terri
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wow. congrats to all of you losers. The challenge reallly works. I really pushed it these last couple of days.

march 1 178.4
    march 5 176.2
    march 12 176.2
    March 19 173.5
    March 26 172

March 31 171

March was a great month for me. You ladies rock with your support. I hope I can keep it up thru April so I can celebrate my first wedding anniversary at the weight I got married! (165) Unemployement right after the honeymoon put on the 13 plus pounds.:blushing:
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow - look at what we did! Congrats everybody for losing and maintaining and hanging in no matter what.

I really feel my win this month was not so much the loss, but the staying with it, and I have you all to thank for that. Next month should be an interesting process. I've only managed to weigh less than this before (as an adult) through obsession, punishment, suffering and unrealistic workout schedules, so this will be a new experience.

My official weigh in is 129.5 which is 4.5 pounds down, and I'm happy with that. I might make the 5 pounds by tomorrow am, but I'm going to the Happiest Flipping Place On Earth today so I'm not holding my breath!

Angelwings - we're just about in the same place - that's so cool.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, I was up 0.2 lb for the month which is OK since 3 weeks of the month were not focused on logging my intake and logging my exercise. It could have been a nasty weight gain.

I will be happy with after 6 months, maybe I have learned to eat foods that are somewhat healthy and in moderation as a way of life...making better choices, which is really hard with a full bar and buffet for a week

June 19th, I will be participating in the warrior dash...5K obstacle race (jumping fire, mud crawling)...at the end waiting is an ice cold beer. So, I need to build endurance running and building strength so I can climb the walls

10 weeks to prepare....Goal of 1 to 2 lb weight loss per week...total loss by race day is 10 to 20 lbs

Happy April everyone!!!!
  • iwantthis
    iwantthis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    3/1/10: 203.8
    3/5/10: 196.8
    3/12/10: 202.0
    3/19/10: 201.6
    3/26/10: 200.2
    3/31/10: 197.00

I DID IT!
    I coulnd't even believe my eyes this morning.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words - you are too kind.

Everyone is doing so wonderfully.
    This really works - checking in with everyone. Let's do this again! woo woo!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    3/1/10: 203.8
    3/5/10: 196.8
    3/12/10: 202.0
    3/19/10: 201.6
    3/26/10: 200.2
    3/31/10: 197.00

I DID IT!
    I coulnd't even believe my eyes this morning.
    Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words - you are too kind.

Everyone is doing so wonderfully.
    This really works - checking in with everyone. Let's do this again! woo woo!

You more than did it. That's almost 7 pounds. That is so awesome. Keep up the great work! :drinker: :drinker:

Terri
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    I will weigh in the morning. I just wanted to say that I finally see my endricrinologist in the morning and I will discuss with her why weight loss is so very slow for me - is it just the diabetes or is there something else going on or maybe I just need to be even more strict with my food. I am exercising every day so I feel like I'm good there. I do hope that I have at least lost another pound tomorrow. I will let y'all know after my appt.
    April
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    March 5: 167
    March 12: New scale 167 old scale 165
    March 19: 166.4 new scale
    March 26: 166.0
    March 31: 166.0 new scale old scale 164

I only lost 3 lbs this month will work harder next month and not eat my extra calories from my workouts and see if that helps.:grumble:

For the people that didn't make their goals at least we can start fresh for the month of April. :happy:

For those who made their goals CONGRATULATIONS. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    March 5th 207.3
    March 12th 206.4
    March 19th 204.3
    March 26th 203.9
    March 31st 203.9
    Well, didn't make the 5 lb challenge this time! Guess I will have to try harder for April! Congratulations to all of you on your losses for the month! :wink: :wink:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Follow us to April

Here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89323-5-pounds-a-month-april-2010-challenge

Got the kids to the grandparents last night. Got home late= less than 5 hours sleep:yawn: :yawn:

This will be a long day. Hope to see everyone on the April thread.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Terri