How many of you...

Options

Replies

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll track my calories, but if I'm over so what.

This!
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Honestly, anyone who knows me knows that lately all I talk and think about is calories. It's obsessive and ridiculous but, it's working for me. That being said, my Christmas gift to myself is to not think about calories on Christmas. I won't even log anything.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'll totally still be logging, I just won't care if I go over. It's Christmas, after all! But it's such a habit TO log that I don't want to break it or give myself an 'out' on skipping. I'll log, be truthful, and rejoice if the number's red for having a wicked awesome Christmas!

Then I'll be right back on the train the day after. :D

But I'll /definitely/ be having some piiiieeeeeeeeee.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, I want and need to be accountable to myself. Even if I just guess the calories that I ate.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am still wondering what to do. I will be visiting my family and logging is hard as hell when I don't do all the cooking.
    I try to aproximate, but most recipies from my country do not have an equivalent here on MFP... so I end up so frustrated...
    Also I don't have with what to weight my food.

I guess I'll just try to be moderate.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I will log everything. I don't use holidays as a reason to eat unhealthy so I'll be eating just then same as I do any other day and make sure to log everything. I'll also still be working out.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Eat All The Foods! and not log a bloody thing. It's one day - there's only so much I can eat in one day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Are going to not log your food on Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate? I've been sticking to my 1200 a day and I really just want to have one day where I don't worry about going over, and I'm thinking Christmas will be that day. How do you guys go about your Holidays? Do you still log everything? I'm still not sure if I will or not....

I will log everything, just like I did on Thanksgiving. I also plan to allow myself to go up to my maintenance calories, and maybe even beyond on the day I will be at my mom's.

ETA: I have another "reason to be Thankful." I am so glad that my TDEE is 2500 calories. I can eat all the food. I think it would be impossible for me to eat enough over the holidays to negate my progress. I even lost weight during the week of Thanksgiving, eating all the food and all the leftovers. Best of luck sticking to 1200. Happy holidays! :flowerforyou:
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging but not worrying :)

we will go for a really nice long walk on Christmas day anyway :)
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Since this is lifestyle change for me, yes. I plan to log it all. Like Thanksgiving. I quit an astounding amount of garbage eatting so I'm not worried. Maybe the sodium might get me, how much I'm not sure. I know for me, candy and fudge aren't in my plans .. a piece of pie 1-2x might be but not the same day and certainly no bigger than the recommended size for 1 serving. For me, I have changed so much I fill up so fast. By eatting the greens/veggies etc. first my ability to screw up will be minimal.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Honestly, anyone who knows me knows that lately all I talk and think about is calories. It's obsessive and ridiculous but, it's working for me. That being said, my Christmas gift to myself is to not think about calories on Christmas. I won't even log anything.

This is me!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm planning not to log from 24th-1st or so. My dh is taking time off and I want to concentrate on enjoying my family, rather than thinking about calories.

I'm maintaining/wouldn't mind losing a little, and my TDEE is usually between 2000-2750kcal, so one reason I normally log is to make sure I eat enough. Without logging I tend to gain, but I hope I cando it differently this time.
  • sambee7
    Options
    I'll attempt to log... but won't be heartbroken if I just aim to maintain or go over a bit. Will squeeze in a small workout Christmas Eve and bigger ones days leading up to it.
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will be logging on and counting cals, I don't want a blip on my diary. I plan to stick to 1200 cals, its only one day, and I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes that I love wearing these days. So can't imagine a day that I couldn't ware any of these new clothes.:smile:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm about to take 2 weeks off of logging, but not because of the holidays. I'll be too busy with a newborn to worry about really logging.

Aw! Congratulations. :)
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im going to log my food for the day but if I go over no biggie. Im not going to stress about it either way. Enjoy the day with family and friends. Its only one day. :happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm logging my food on Christmas because it is a day like any other...no reason to pig out. This year has taught me that I CAN control what I eat and I CAN eat what I want without going over on calories. No overeating or pigging out!
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log my calories over christmas, I will probably watch what I eat. But I will enjoy some of the food that I don't get other than that day, if I go over I go over. But I will get back on the wagon and continue watching what I eat.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I will probably eat a helluva lot of turkey and junk so I most likely make that a no logging day.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I will be logging all 5000 calories for sure. It's a badge of honor more than anything.