Gym time

Options
If you workout at the Gym, what time do you go?

I go between 3-3:30am. It is silent. No one but me :). I can sing out loud and lift without having to worry about anyone else!

Replies

• sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I like to go early morning, soo like 8am :) it gets me ready for the day, and i stay positive for the rest of the day knowing i have had a good workout in the morning :smile:
  • autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Whoa, love the early morning folks. I usually go around 5 am. I have to be at work by 7, and especially in the winter, if I want to see the sun at all - an hour after work is my only chance.

I find too many excuses not to work out at the end of the day.

Ditto on the singing! I like to rock out to particularly good tunes when they come on, so I'm glad no one is there to see me!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    4:30 am
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Not such an early morning gym thing.
    Saturday I do usually go at 6:00 AM. I have often ended up going twice on Saturday.
    I have managed, a couple times, to go between 5 and 5:30 on a workday. Makes me feel thinner all day :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mainly from work, about 5-30 pm getting out of the changing room at 8 pm. If I have plans for the evening, then 6.30 am before I start work.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I go around 5am.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You guys must go to bed awfully early to be up in time for a workout at 5am, whew. I only manage that on nights I haven't been able to get to sleep.
  • patty4899
    Options
    After work @ 3:30 pm. I pass it on my way home so it's a easy stop.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Well now that the semesters over I'll probably go around 9-10am, during semester I had to go at 5am cause I had morning classes + work after
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I prefer to go in the morning but some research shows mid to late afternoon is the best time to exercise ( www.marketwatch.com/story/the-best-workout-time-its-inconvenient-2012-12-13?link=MW_home_latest_news).
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    5:30am -6:30/7:00 depending on strength / run days.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    6am usually, if my hubby goes with me then it has to be later in the day, around 5;30pm
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Same as @Surfrider... 5:30-6:30pm I also do about a half hour during lunch. Just can't get up (wake up) to make it to the 5am classes! :yawn:
  • freddy0601
    Options
    5pm-6pm!
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5 or 5:30 am. I'd love to go later, but I have to be at work at 7 am and I work 12s. After work I just want to go to bed! And I can in good consciousness if I've worked out in the morning!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    5:30 give or take 15 at teh club and/or noon at the workplace gym
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually run at 7 am and lift around 5 in the evening.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    3:30 - 5pm T & Th, 8-9:30am Saturday. I think once football is over, I'm adding in a Sunday afternoon gym visit as well - it seems like enough recovery time from Sunday and I still have Mondays off.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Normally 7am upon waking up. Maximising on peaking levels of cortisol and ketonegenesis for fat loss. And there's barely anyone there so I can grunt, scream, sing and drop weights all I want.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you workout at the Gym, what time do you go?

I go between 3-3:30am. It is silent. No one but me :). I can sing out loud and lift without having to worry about anyone else!

Wow. What time to do you go to sleep the night before???