Are you kidding me? More food in the office?

Options
I am trying, trying so hard to stay on track. I've packed a nice lunch. I have 2 fruits with me. I have a cut up bell pepper and 2 T. of veg dip. So the dreaded, and I mean dreaded, holiday baked goods are showing up at work! Today there is a beautiful looking cake, homemade cookies, homemade caramel corn, and a vendor left a big bowl of Lindor chocolates. WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO??? I think I'm going to call in sick for the rest of the week! LOL. But really ..... how in the world am I going to get through this work week and my co-workers wonderful and thoughtful cooking?!

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You have two options - one, ignore it all and only eat what you have planned. OR. Have one treat and burn it off.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am trying, trying so hard to on track. I've packed a nice luch. I have 2 fruits with me. I have a cut up bell pepper and 2 T. of veg dip. So the dreaded, and I mean dreaded, holiday baked goods are showing up at work! Today there is a beautiful looking cake, homemade cookies, homemade caramel corn, and a vendor left a big bowl of Lindor chocolates. WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO??? I think I'm going to call in sick for the rest of the week! LOL. But really ..... how in the world am I going to get through this work week and my co-workers wonderful and thoughtful cooking?!

Eat it and fit it in your cal goals, or eat some go over and get on track tomorrow or you know exercise some will power
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    eat it.
    fit it in your daily goals
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Give it ALL TO ME!

or this \/ \/ \/
    Eat it and fit it in your cal goals, or eat some go over and get on track tomorrow or you know exercise some will power
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Accidently knock it on the floor, and then walk all over it.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and ignore it. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    either eat a little and log it, or just don't eat any.....

I don't understand why this causes so many people so much turmoil every freaking holiday.

If I want something, I eat some. If I don't, I don't. Easy as pie.

Have fun trying to restrain yourself, giving in, not really enjoying it because you feel guilty, then b!tching about it later....
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    worthlessthread.gif
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    They're making you eat it?
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Accidently knock it on the floor, and then walk all over it.

:laugh:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My boss baked everyone in the office a mini orange cranberry bread. I'll take it to the bar tomorrow for triva and share with others (and enjoy a piece). That way I can partake but not eat the entire thing by myself. And it will be had with beer, so that will always be good.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth and baked goodies are hard for me to resist, so I know how you feel. I just try to avoid the kitchen this time of year. Or, I do partake a little bit and just fit it in my daily calorie goals.
  • serenamaki
    Options
    chew gum and brush your teeth
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    My friend's advice is to celebrate.

Literally, celebrate every time you walk past without touching the stuff.

Do a little dance. One that anyone can see. If they ask what you're doing, say "I'm doing a little 'I'm not gonna eat you dance' for that food right there!'"

Why celebrate? Because you don't need that crap anymore! You aren't a slave to food! You don't *have to* pick up every little piece of something that someone left lying around and put it inside you!!

DANCE!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If I really want it I log it and include it in my calories... yesterday I had two mince pies. YUM!

It fit in my calorie allowance so I don't feel guilty. I don't do it every day.
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Stop and think about it - did you want to eat those items BEFORE you saw them? Or did you just want them because they're there? If you've been craving one of those specific items, have a little piece. But if not, you're probably just responding to the fact that food is available.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You trying to lose weight so you can have a healthy life right? As in, you intend to maintain your weight loss for the foreseeable future? And you will probably celebrate holidays every year too right?

Then, you need to learn how to moderate your choices and find a balance of eating some (but not all) of the goodies/treats/favorite foods available on special occassions. Unless you plan on spending every holiday from here till death freaked out over cake and cookies, start learning to exercise your will power and control over your diet.

Eat some of what you really want to eat. Log it. Don't eat anything you don't want to eat. Get some exercise if you can. Continue making good choices most of the time.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    You trying to lose weight so you can have a healthy life right? As in, you intend to maintain your weight loss for the foreseeable future? And you will probably celebrate holidays every year too right?

Then, you need to learn how to moderate your choices and find a balance of eating some (but not all) of the goodies/treats/favorite foods available on special occassions. Unless you plan on spending every holiday from here till death freaked out over cake and cookies, start learning to exercise your will power and control over your diet.

Eat some of what you really want to eat. Log it. Don't eat anything you don't want to eat. Get some exercise if you can. Continue making good choices most of the time.

You said that much nicer than I did....same thing though.
    Glad someone gets it....
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I have a magic pill you can take where all food you eat in the office is calorie free......

Just send me $99.99 for 6 pills and if you act in the next 10 mins, I will double your order. Due to ingestion, no money back guarantees.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Remember what your ultimate goals are and most importantly that these holidays will pass. Each day gets you closer than you were before. :flowerforyou: