Low calorie breakfast

13»

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    I have a light multi grain English muffin with a jumbo egg cooked with a spray of light olive oil and a dash of salt & pepper. Just over 190 calories and gets me going for a few hours.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    100 cal whole wheat englsh muffin with 10 cal sugar free strawberry jam, and egg whites with spinach...
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    If I don't have fat and protein first meal, then the rest of the day I'm hungry. And I eat six times per day...

First meal for me: 1 slice high protein low carb toast with a tablespoon of almond butter.

180 calories. I'm satisfied for about 3-5 solid hours, and I don't munch the rest of the day on mindless carbs.

I want to keep things interesting and I like this idea...I will try it for one of my breakfasts :-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    bowl of cottage cheese
  • bcirone
    bcirone Posts: 11 Member
    Spinach and mushroom omelette using 2 eggs.. 216 calories. (no cheese), sauteed in olive oil.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    homemade oatmeal...that's generally what I do, but I add banana, milk, and other stuff because i like to load up in the AM. but if you just did oatmeal you'd be around 150 calories or so...plus get a good dose of fiber and protein.
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    when I actually cook breakfast I make 2 eggs fried with no butter, salt or pepper I spray my pan with a special pam type spray thats not too bad. and a cup of coffee. then I eat a mid morning snack of a grapefruit with splenda sprinkled on top or an orange. usually.
  • Egg whites with a bit of chicken, tomatoes and cheese thrown in.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Raspberry/cinnamon French toast- 205 calories(or 180 w/o fruit)

2 slices whole wheat, 45 calorie bread (5 carbs. slice)
    1 egg (70 calls, no carbs)
    Mixed with 1 T. Fat free creamer(20 cals, 3 carbs)
    Dip bread in batter, Cook
    top with
    2 T. frozen organic raspberrys (or 1T. Organic 100% fruit spread)(20 cals, 4 carbs) warmed in microwave
    2 T. Fat free whipped cream (5 cals, 1 carb)
    Sprinkle all over with cinnamon stevia sugar (0,0)

This is pretty quick to make.
    My kids eat it all the time not just because its so healthy
    but because its delicious
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Make ahead...Hearty bacon, sausage & egg muffins( @75 calories each, only 1 carb)
    3 T. Egg whites(25 cals)
    1T. Turkey sausage crumbles( 20 cals)
    1T. Real bacon bits (25cals)
    1/2 green onion, 1 t. Garlic, black pepper
    Veggie like red bell pepper (5cals, 1 carb)

Sprinkle top with cheese if you have extra calories

Bake in cupcake tin. Makes 1

Make a big batch for the week. Pack in sets of 2 or 3 for a quick breakfast or any meal
    Again, kids love these. Make them in mini size and festive liners for extra fun
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Boiled egg/fruit or toast
    Bagel thin with cream cheese
    Banana/yogurt
    Oatmeal/Apple
    Bowl of cereal
  • microwave omelet are good and quick and run anywhere from 115-150 calories depending on what veggies you add
    (please note there is no cheese in this omelet)

you can purchase the egg substitute or use egg whites (1/2 cup egg substitute or 3 egg whites)
    spray microwave safe dish with non-stick olive oil spray
    add egg mixture
    add spices of choice ( I usually use garlic pepper and some type of hot chili or cayenne pepper)
    add veggies of choice - ( bell peppers, onions, tomatoes etc)
    put in microwave for 2 minutes on high

top with 2 tbs of guacamole and 2 tbs of salsa and some hot sauce

The omelet usually has anywhere from around 115-150 calories depending on what veggies I add.
    Have some fruit or yogurt with it to make your 200 calories.
    This usually holds me over for a couple hours till snack time

I also sometimes have 1/2 cup original fiber one cereal with 1/2 cup silk almond milk with a banana for a couple hundred calories

OR

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon and some cut fruit added. About 200 calories there as well.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    i drink so much coffee in the morning, im full enough to just skip breakfast... but i still manage to get something in, atleast a piece of fruit, or a whole wheat english muffin with 10 cal strawberry jelly...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    La Tortilla Factory small Low Carb whole wheat tortilla, corn tortilla or mandoline slice of jicama
    1/8 cup nonfat refried beans
    Large Egg, fried with pam or poached
    Kirkland Extra Lean Ham 1/2 slice browned in skillet
    1/8 avocado
    1 Tablespoon prepared salsa or fresh pico de gallo salsa
    1 Tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • For breakfast I have:
    1 pc toast (70cal)
    5g Flora proactiv light spread (18cal)
    1 poached egg (70cal)
    Then some fruit adding up to about 70cal: 4-5 pc pineapple (5cal), 15 blueberries (12cal), 10 raspberries (8cal), 4 strawberries (15cal), maybe a couple of grapes (4cal/grape), 1 apricot (17cal), 1/2 pear (48cal), etc...

This is healthy, adds up to about 250cal (depending on which fruits you have) and keeps me full for at least 5 hours.