have you lost 40lbs + ?

Options

Replies

• hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Well I started January 2010 at 449.6
    I had my annual physical with my doctor last Monday (12/10) and I weighed in as 297

I had some ups and down over that period with a knee injury that cut out exercise for a couple months but now I am a gym rat 7 days a week. If I watched my eating better I probably would have taken off more/faster but I'm still continuing and slow and steady works for me.

346qbt4.jpg

Wow! this looks like 2 different people
    Great work!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    update3.jpg
    updates.jpg
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you have lost more than 40 pounds... how long did it take you to lose it?

post pictures if you want =)

Yes and click on my profile to see pictures ;)
  • Nancyalex11
    Nancyalex11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i lost about 50 pounds in 6 months:)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It took about 5 or 6 months, I think. But it took me all this year to lose the last 20.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have lost 123 lbs

Start weight: 250 lbs
    Current weight: 127 lbs
    Goal weight: 120 lbs

250.jpg

205.jpg

summerswimsuit.jpg

diff2.jpg

DSCF6366.jpg

This last one was taken Saturday night before my husband and I went out on our date :)

DSCF9727.jpg
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK REALLY GOOD!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The first time, I lost 40 lbs in a month by eating 0-300 calories a day. Wasn't healthy. Don't recommend that.

The second time (after preganancy) I lost 60 lbs by eating a mostly vegetarian diet suppliemented with raw milk, raw milk yogurt, raw milk cheese, and beef from a local farmer. Took about a year, but I kept it off until a couple years later when I got divorce and put on "divorce weight."

I no longer have access to raw milk products so tihs time I'm having to really watch what I'm eating.
  • doll733
    doll733 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how many cals where u eating when u lost weight without exercise
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It took me 12 1/2 months to hit the 100 pounds lost mark. It was around 4.5 months for 40 pounds.

About the same here. 40lbs took about 3.5 months and 53 weeks to hit 100lbs. I stalled out at the 98lbs lost mark for about a month. Now I'm 58 weeks in so it's much slower because I'm down to the last 20lbs. It's going to depend on how much you have to lose.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was 290 in June 2012

Jvb4G.jpg

220 in December
    lnVQK.jpg

:noway: :noway: :noway: Amazing!!!! u look like a whole new person!!!!!!
  • bootifulisa
    Options
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    311 lbs. in 41 months (had 17 lbs. of skin removed 10 weeks ago so weightloss is more like 328ish lbs. lost but am not getting on the scale again til after the first of the year.)

B4andafter.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK REALLY GOOD!!!!

Wow! Good for you!! You look serioulsy amazing!
  • kayleygrav
    kayleygrav Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    weightloss.jpg

AFTER2.jpg

It took me about 7 months to lose 65 lbs.
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    70 Lbs (or just shy of 70) since May 2012. Snug size 24 jeans to loose size 14. I still have about 50-60 to go though, so by this time next year I should be very happy. Good Luck!
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    142lbs in 16 months. Pics on my profile, not sure how to get them on the thread!
  • soliddreams
    Options
    100 pounds in about a year. I've attempted to let my body recover, because I don't want my skin to be droopy for years because of what I did, so waiting a bit. Giving it a few more months then going to see if I can get down to 198 for middle heavyweights!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 48 since september
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    From 15Aug2012 to 24Dec2012 I lost 41 lbs. I've been fighting the holiday weight since New Year's (I went from 198 "back up" to 200 and have been fighting to get back under 200).

I haven't taken new photos yet, but I will be doing so tomorrow for a group challenge. I went from a size 24 women's jeans and I can now fit into size 14s :)
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    About 60lbs in 9 months with calorie counting and walking. Steady pace of losing. It is a journey and everyone is different. We all are trying for a lifetime change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!