40 lbs in 8 weeks!!!!

Options

Replies

• BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hooray. Hope you are able to sustain that loss. Prepare yourself mentally, though, for things to slow down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/444782-rapid-weight-loss-during-the-first-week
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    40 lbs of what?

a significant amount of muscle mass

unfortunately
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

I got ya beat....i lost 60 lbs and didn't use any "fad" foods to do it. 5 years later I was right back where I started. Hope you have better success your first try than I did.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I know someone who did medifast before, and they lost a lot of weight too. Now they have twice as much to lose this time because they never learned to eat regular food and in proper portions.

Congrats on your weight loss. Honestly hope everything works out the way you want.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

thank you!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    awhoopdedoo.gif I lost 52lbs and didn't buy any overpriced, fad foods to do it.

I got ya beat....i lost 60 lbs and didn't use any "fad" foods to do it. 5 years later I was right back where I started. Hope you have better success your first try than I did.

Ive got you beat...and no fad anything. Hell, I even drink 3 bottles of wine a night. and it stays off only if you make the right choices.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    40 lbs of what?

Poop... have you heard... your probably doing it wrong
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    40lbs is a HUGE accomplishment regardless of how you did it so congrats on that.

As for the keeping it off people can post all the negative crap they want you know the deal, your aware if you go back to how you were you will put it back on... But :drinker: heres to hoping you keep it off and lose even more.

The human body is amazing it can do so much if we push it!!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Natural loss or with the aid of a program it is still hard to maintain that loss. I hope you do well in your re-journey.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Firstly congrats!!! 40 ls in 8 weeks is amazing.

Second.. I don't know anything about medfast. could you give me a little idea?
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am doing medifast! I know there are some that are leery of it, but 40 pounds in 8 weeks, I am excited!!!

Great job!!! I know that even just making the commitment to stick to a shake type of diet is difficult. Well done on committing to weight loss for 2 full months! That is a great start!!! :)

feel free to add me if you need a friend of encouragement. I'm not perfect either, but I am trying and that is what makes this time different from all the rest.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You will get mixed responses in here - most of us are very wary of quick-fix solutions and have done this the (often painstakingly) long way.

Firstly, I am glad you have dropped the weight, just coming down that much will help your body immensely. What you need to do now is slowly ween yourself off it. Reduce the amount of reliance you have on the shakes, and SLOWLY up your calories back to a reasonable level. You will gain some weight back during this phase but it is normal, and inevitable.

Learn how to live with a sustainable long-term decent diet, and make sure you are getting regular exercise (if you aren't already). The point where you come off the shakes and start using MFP to plan your diet will be the most important part of this trip. Do it slowly, do it right, and you will continue to see success!

I like this response...very thoughtful!

with that said congats on your weight loss. I also tried some pills at the beginging and it did help me jump start weight loss, but after 2 weeks I stopped taking it completely. I agree with what this person said. I would start to take yourself off of it slowly. You want to change your lifestyle not just a quick fix. Use loosing the 40lbs as a motivation to keep on going. Changing how your think mentally is the hardest part I feel of the whole weight loss process. I still struggle with it everyday.

Good luck to you hun. and again congrats on 40lbs lost! just make sure your keeping healthy!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Medifast is safer than others that I have seen. I have a MFP friend who is doing Cambridge and to many are doing Weight Loss Surgery. I am sorry, but I think that no matter how fast you are taking the weight off it is safer and healthier than Weight Loss Surgery. I think that people are fine with WLS and don't attack those people eating 200-900 calories a day to lose weight or what not but when you do it without surgery, they are mean.

You are doing fantastic and you are right, concentrating on correct eating to replace your diet over time is important. The Cambridge diet has you replace meals and then slowly add in regular healthy food. The first 3 months are low calorie meals at 400 calories total, then you add in 400 calories of regular food and then eventually up to maintenance which is around 1600 calories or more. You add until you maintain and not gain.

I am doing Weight Watchers and Eat to live together with MFP because, 1 WW works for me, 2. Eat to live is for my health problems, and 3 is to keep track of food intake and output.

Good Luck on your journey.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    It honestly sounds like your self image is the thing holding you back here, not your ability to eat healthily. I suggest you find someone to talk to about this, as difficult or unnecessary as you may see it - it may just be the catalyst to success for you.

Most people who have been overweight their whole life (myself included) have gone through a period of mental adjustment about losing weight and becoming 'different' than what you have known your whole life. I don't know why this happens other than we, as human beings, inherently crave homeostasis. Change can be frightening and this often drags us back into our old unhealthy habits. This is probably why you failed before, and will fail again if you don't acknowledge it as an issue.

We all have up and down days, and times where we question if its worth the effort, but let me assure you it is!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the early success. I've used similar short term strategies in the past to some immediate success. The quick weight loss is good, usually 5-15 pounds, because it did make it easier to exercise. I would agree with those here that suggest weaning yourself off and adopting more sustainable long term habits. For me, it would help if I didn't like pork fat, cheese and baked goods so damn much! LOL P.S. Feel free to add me as an MFP friend.
  • melibur
    melibur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish you much success. You must feel so great with 40 lbs gone!!
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone being such an a-hole? GOOD GAWD get off your pedestal.

CONGRATS on 40 lbs lost. :)

Well said. Congrats on dedicating yourself to this!
  • fearless_
    Options
    I'm really happy for you
    but that sounds expensive haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!