My snack drawer at work is getting low. Ideas? :)

Options

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks pals :)
  • BellaBumbles
    Options
    I happen to really really love peanut butter on top of caramel rice cakes, its a great breakfast on the go or snack at work. I found little 2tbsp sized plastic cups at the store, so now I bring my PB in one of those each day and keep my rice cakes at work. The cups work for things like dressing, sunflower seeds, nuts, etc too. Good luck!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I found little 2tbsp sized plastic cups at the store

I have those too!

...but mine are Hello Kitty themed :blushing:
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I found little 2tbsp sized plastic cups at the store

I have those too!

...but mine are Hello Kitty themed :blushing:

haha nice.
  • MarisolW7
    Options
    Almonds are my choice of snacks. I also keep celery and peanut butter in the fridge here at work along with other veggies. Cucumbers with lemon juice!! Mmmmm!! :D
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    protein bars, 100 c microwave pop corn. Almonds my very fav. emergency can soup w/protein. cheese sticks
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I opened my drawer for a peek, it has tiny boxes of raisins, caramel flavour snack a jacks, All Bran Breakfast Biscuits in Chocolate flavour - lots of fibre for days I'm lacking, little bags of mixed nuts and seeds (You are what you eat brand), a milky way and a curly wurly for days I really need cheering up! I hope you are in the UK or you might not recognise some of this???
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    I love nuts. I will portion them out and put them in snack bags. I particularly love raw almonds. At 129 calories (new numbers that came out this year) an ounce, they are filling and healthy.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Emerald 100 Calorie Pack Cocoa Roast Almonds Dark Chocolate flavor :smile:
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Fiber one bars and dried fruit snack packs are great. I also like those 90 Calorie Peanut butter thins. You can always pre-make air popped popcorn with your favorite seasoning as well and mix up the flavor depending on what you are craving :)
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I opened my drawer for a peek, it has tiny boxes of raisins, caramel flavour snack a jacks, All Bran Breakfast Biscuits in Chocolate flavour - lots of fibre for days I'm lacking, little bags of mixed nuts and seeds (You are what you eat brand), a milky way and a curly wurly for days I really need cheering up! I hope you are in the UK or you might not recognise some of this???

What is a Curly Wurly?
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    low sugar protein bars (met-rx has a peanut butter crisp one that's really good!!!), raw, whole, unsalted almonds, 100 cal sweet & salty popcorn (individual bags), pre-portioned chocolate protein powder (i use the tiny round tupperwares), natural peanut butter (I mix the powder w/ peanut butter then microwave it about 25 seconds into a brownie.. really good!),5 hour energy (ok, I know that's not a snack, but it's in there too!),low sugar granola bars, tuna creation packets: lemon pepper flavor.

I have a deep drawer. :laugh:
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options

What is a Curly Wurly?

Curly Wurly is made by Cadburys, it's a funky shaped strip of chewy caramel covered in cadburys milk chocolate, yes, it's naughty but only 130 calories and really cheers me up!
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OP...this was a GREAT post, Thank you! I've gotten so many other options I've never considered before.

I have a little jar of peanut butter, dark cocoa roasted almonds, raisin bran, snackwell's 100 calorie packs.
    what is not part of my drawer but my section of the fridge is hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, sugar free jello pudding (guilty pleasure), baby carrots or celery.
  • finger2436
    Options
    i really like pretzel crisps, very thin pretzel wafers, with a mini babybel cheese, or humus. i also like to mix 4 parts carrots with 1 part olives (drained for salt content), with a splash of italian dressing.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have two drawers at work...one is my tea drawer, the other is my snack drawer. I'm looking in my snack drawer and I have oatmeal packets (100 cal), a couple protein bars, soup (less than 200cal a can), raisins and a tuna packet.

But I also bring fresh fruit and veggies daily (today I have clementines, a banana, apple, cucumber and green pepper) and keep cottage cheese and greek yogurt in the fridge, so I actually rarely even get to my snack drawer. It's kind of "emergency" rations.
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I keep nuts, granola bars, 100 cal popcorn bags, wheat thins and raisins in my drawer. I also found these really yummy granola thins by nature valley that I love right now... they are these crispy squares and only 90 calories (I bought the peanut butter kind). I am always mixing up what's in my drawer though because I get bored easily with eating the same stuff. I aim to have something salty, something crunchy and something sweet at all times to tackle any kind of craving I might have.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    almonds, pistachio, no salt cashews, snackwell bas or the 100 calorie snacks, pecans, apple chips, the mini or single serving popcorn bags (microwave) Mini Bag 94% Fat-Free Kettle Korn is my favorite
  • mcg770
    mcg770 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep popcorn kernels, paper lunch bags, spray oil and.......Old Bay seasoning in my snack cabinet. Put 2 handfuls of popcorn in the bag, fold the top over twice and put it on the popcorn setting in the microwave and voila air popped microwave popcorn. Then I add a few sprays of spray oil and a shake of Old Bay. I eat this almost every day, just ask the people at my job. :-)
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always have an apple and a package of justin's natural peanut butter with me. http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/products.php

This way when I'm feeling hungry I have a carb and a protein (and fat too) to hold me until the next meal.

Also there is a push cart down the block from me if I get desperate.

I keep in my desk multigrain rice cakes, spelt crackers (they're gross) and in the kitchen I keep kashi go lean cereal (original) which also has a carb/protein combo that keeps me "full".

I try to avoid granola/cereal/power bars because they're usually loaded with sugar. Although when there are KIND bars in the kitchen...