I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

I once had a woman (from the South) take my grits away from me after I put on the butter and sugar.

Rightfully so! (Southerner here)

Is that all I had to do so I didn't have to effin eat those things?!?
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

I also add cinnamon. Just sugar and milk is weird.

For me, it's raw onion. It's gross and flavours everything all oniony. Cooked onion is fine.

We call it rice pudding. What's the problem with that? And I was raised in Indiana, had grandparents in the south and YES, we added mac to chili - to each his own, let it be.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    that's called cinncinnati chili, i've never tried it, but i know that's what it's called.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Anything added to mac n cheese other than mac n cheese. Also, grilled cheese made with all sorts of weird cheese and odd toppings added. Ick. Oh, and syrup pumped into the breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's. Double ick!

THANK YOU! This one guy was bragging about the "awesome" grilled cheese he made with swiss and pepperjack and spinach and tomato slices. So not a grilled cheese. A grilled cheese is white bread, American cheese, and butter, butter, and more butter. And jalapeños, bacon, and whatever else SO does not belong in mac and cheese.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Carrots, peas, and corn in gumbo! GAWD dat be so wrong.
  • Chessie24
    Options
    I feel like if chili has pasta in it it's kind of like goulash? Maybe with the chili powder. I'm guilty of ketchup on my scrambled eggs.. It's really the only way I eat them but I rarely eat eggs.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

Forgive me, but I grew up in the Southwest, the birthplace of chili.

Putting pasta in chili is wrong. It just is.

So is putting corn in salsa. It shouldn't happen.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

What makes it wrong?? Just because you may not like it? No two people eat the same thing fixed the same way. What I may like, you may hate. What you consider right, I may thing it's wrong....
  • crisanderson27
    Options

wth...who does this?

For me, it's raw onion. It's gross and flavours everything all oniony. Cooked onion is fine.

We call it rice pudding. What's the problem with that? And I was raised in Indiana, had grandparents in the south and YES, we added mac to chili - to each his own, let it be.

In my experience rice pudding is similar, but somehow made gelatinous, and served cold. What she's talking about is basically oatmeal or cream of wheat, only with rice.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

wth...who does this?

u make rice pudding by cooking rice....THEN dumping milk and sugar on it and eating it? weird.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    lettuce on a Philly cheesesteak
  • shaunasauk
    shaunasauk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AHHHH...Chile con carne! I grew up with the pasta in our Chile however, I have since learned the difference!
    I dislike it when people put Ketchup on EVERYTHING!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Anything added to mac n cheese other than mac n cheese. Also, grilled cheese made with all sorts of weird cheese and odd toppings added. Ick. Oh, and syrup pumped into the breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's. Double ick!

Are you talking about the McGriddles?! Blasphemy! Those are delicious. My stomach hates me afterwards everytime but they are delicious! Not as good as an Egg McMuffin, though.

People who slather mayo all over sandwiches and burgers. My dad will even slice up some french bread and slather mayo on it like it's a cheese spread. :sick:

Ketchup in eggs or mac & cheese.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

What makes it wrong?? Just because you may not like it? No two people eat the same thing fixed the same way. What I may like, you may hate. What you consider right, I may thing it's wrong....

because sometimes there is only 1 way to do something right.
  • delekium
    delekium Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    vinegar on chips and chocolate on fruit yuk!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    lettuce on a Philly cheesesteak

please tell me you are joking.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How about people who lived through the depression telling me they ate coffee soup...ripped up bread with coffee on it...yuk
  • crisanderson27
    Options

So my question is.....

because sometimes there is only 1 way to do something right.

Haha! She seems pissed off enough already that people are disagreeing with her lol. :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Woooow. Some people are defensive about their food.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    People who put ketchup on anything which already has gravy on it. Oh, and people who put on HUGE amounts of condiments until they ooze out of the sub/burger/hotdog/sandwich on every bite.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

So my question is.....

Chillax!!! This thread isn't meant to be taken so seriously.

Lighten up!