20-30 lbs to lose group

Options
124»

Replies

• sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm an American expat living in South America so I decided not to fight the metric system! Plus 20kg just seems easier than 40+ lbs! Ha
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im down! haha i dont even want to say how much i weighed before but since jan. i have lost 34lbs and i need another 35lbs i need the help and i need to get my weight down im working on the next 35 now :) glad you made this group!
  • flowerpwr63
    Options
    Hi, I would like to be a part of this group. Currently I'm at 211.5lbs. Having lost 18 lbs, so far. I started out on another web site, don't hate me, but got so discouraged by it. I guess, I wanted more support. Not having any at home can be discouraging too. So here I am on MFP looking for help, friends and just someone who understands. My husband is using the other website, good for him. I just don't trust what it says, especially for calories burned while exercising. I think it is giving everyone who uses it false information. Hey, that's only my opinion.
    At one time in my life I weighed 265lbs. that was after child #5. I lost. 45 lbs, between kid #4 & #5, and was really working at it. Now I'm back to trying again. I was blaming the weight gain all on having kids but that's just an excuse. Now it's me, my bad habits and lack of self control that I blame.
    I usually weigh myself on Sunday mornings, but I can change to Monday. And I weigh first thing, after the first potty stop. I don't live on the scales, I think that's not a good thing to do, unless someone can convince me other wise.
    Ok, so enough of my blah, blah, blah.
    So, HEY to everyone. And thanks to all who are my friends on MFP. I do appreciate it.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm an American expat living in South America so I decided not to fight the metric system! Plus 20kg just seems easier than 40+ lbs! Ha

5 kilograms = 11.023113 pounds! SEE HOW MUCH YOU'VE DROPPED ExPat?!!

Gotta love it!
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Yeah I'm catching up to you! Just 3 kgs and I will be in the upper league with you. I hope I can hang!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have had a good week so far, but I am hosting Easter Brunch for the family tomorrow. Mondays are weigh in days so I am pretty worried about it. I'm just going to try really hard to not go "all out" with the eating and drinking (bloody mary's, mimosas, wine). I probably won't eat much later in the day, and will try to get lot's of exercise in later too. Wish me luck!
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    a bit sluggish today...too much Easter Bunnying yesterday.

on my way to the gym for a round on the Elliptical & wanted to post it here to remind me of my purpose.

Glad todays not weigh in! Fridays are much nicer, esp when there's a drop to keep me going thru the weekend...

Do Something Good For Yourself Today!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I survived the weekend. Down 2 pounds for the week. Been eating leftovers but keeping within my calories. Hope everyone else did well too!
  • dpsloc92
    dpsloc92 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am new here just joined yesterday, and need to lose 20 pounds after a weight gain from being laid up with back surgery.
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    Still got a little bit of that Yuck left over from the weekend, but I not only made it to the gym this morning I'm heading back this evening.

I have so much running-the-kids-around that an hour here and an hour there can add up to serious time in the gym....

Tues, Wed, & Thurs have me w/in 5 minutes of the gym TWICE a day and I'm posting that glimpse into my life and welcome every one to ask me about it...! That'll keep me on my toes...

So glad to have you all here...

@dpsloc92, welcome and remember to do those back strengthening stretches & go slow....
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Way is it that it is so easy to fall off the weight loss wagon but so hard to get back on?

I have had a rough couple of weeks, with both food and working out. After the wedding we had a house full of food from the caterer and the wedding cake. Than I manage to get sick with a cold, still not over it. Than Easter and all the food and candy that goes with it. And because we lost and employee and my part-time job I am filling in 3 days a week, (of course during the time I normal work out. ) Plus I have a full-time night shift job. UGH Ok I am done ranting, I just needed to vent.

Time to pick myself up and dust myself off, and start running down that wagon so I can jump back on.:huh:
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    The thing that has been working for me, since January at least, is that I keep telling myself this is a lifestyle change. I haven't been dieting or exercising excessively, which has allowed me to stay ON the wagon. I do a little bit of exercise each day, so it doesn't seem impossible. I manage to allow myself "treats" or "splurges" from time to time, by juggling other things I eat, to stay within my calories. It has been working. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it KEEPS working!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey :] I'm new hahaa! My starting weight was 159lbs ..I am now 156lbs..and my goal weight is around 130/5lbs. Thanks for creating this group - I think it's a great idea because people who have smaller amounts to lose need more motivation as it's harder to shift those pounds! I am currently doing a Hybrid workout regime mixing P90 and Turbo Jam and haven't fallen off the wagon yet :noway: I've been aiming to drink 4 bottles of water per day (2 litres) and have been using MFP for just under a week to track my calories :wink:

I hope everyone is working hard and eating clean lol :drinker: we will all lose those 20-30lbs sooner or later (Y)
    Beky-x
  • afgooch
    afgooch Posts: 17
    Options
    I am 4ft 11in. My BMI states that I should weigh from 91lbs up to 128lbs. After I turned 40, 4 years ago, my weight slowly started to incline. Throughout my adult years I have weighed from 95lbs up to (my highest) 147lbs. My current weight is 140. I love MFP. I am enjoying researching how many calories are in the different foods. I am going to enjoy my journey toward 120lbs. I liked my GROWN woman's body at that weight.

Enjoy Your Journey
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    I'll join you! I started at 175.8 and I am trying to get to 125. I am sitting at 159 right now, so 4 pounds more than your range, but I would still like to join!