Replies

• Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Serious, serious respect is deserved here.

By the way, your deadlift (not sure if it's your max?)...is only about 135lbs less than my 5 rep max.

WELL. DONE.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you Deevaa! Awesome job, and keep inspiring others. Keep showing us how it's done!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

By the way, your deadlift (not sure if it's your max?)...is only about 135lbs less than my 5 rep max.

WELL. DONE.

Thanks Cris, I did 4, which is my PB.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! :drinker:

Taso, you were the one who pushed me to ask my trainer to take photos, so .. cheers! :drinker:

I'm so glad you did it!
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

WELL. DONE.

Thanks Cris, I did 4, which is my PB.

That freakin rocks lol!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Misleading title. I expected you to be picking up a dead far girl. Only thing in this thread is awesomeness.

55c1b203-c447-434b-8346-e006afb36606.jpg
    I expected the lifting, but of someone live. Lol
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Deeva is TEH *kitten*! LOOOOOVE THIS. And yes, I checked the mixed grip and yes, it's fkn awesome :glasses:

And for the record: I RELATE x 569068

My belly has lost about 12 inches since I started and BOY what a difference it makes to form. When everything can fit in the little box you make when you're lifting, all of a sudden you can add weight SO much faster. You ROCK, lady! :drinker:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    F*cking awesome!!! I love dead lifting.....inspires me to get my friends to take pictures when I'm doing it! ;)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    That's easily the greatest thing I've seen all week. Fantastic!!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Fantastic!!!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OP - you are amazing! Thank you for sharing your progress, for encouraging others, and for just being awesome!

Keep it up!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    This is by far the best post I've read all day. You're a real inspiration.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic in that top photo? Are you sure those are real weights on that bar? Just kidding, but you are right, you look totally centered and relaxed while you are lifting 198 lbs! Holy crp!

What weight did you start with? I workout at Planet Fitness and the weight area is almost totally dominated by ripped looking guys. I do use the free weights a bit, but have so far just done bicep curls and a few other things with 5-10 lb. weights. I would like to start doing more of a whole body workout but am afraid of injuring myself (and/or looking like a fool....)

I started out at BodyPump with < 10kg weights.

Form is important, but don't worry about thinking you might look like a fool. That's one of the reason's I started this thread, when I first started lifting, I literally couldn't bend over far enough to pick up the weights properly, start light, work on good form and the weight will start coming off, and soon you'll be pushing heavy stuff up over your head. You can do it!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I don't see a fat girl.

I see a strong woman.

You're f'ing amazing.

Totally this! Beans took my first thought already, but I'm gonna say it anyway. I :heart: you!! You look like that bar weighs nothing at all!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    images13.jpg

THIS!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You rock! This is the inspirational *kitten* I love about MFP. Wade through the crazies and you get a real GEM. Congrats.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    :heart:

You are so strong and brave. You inspire me.

:smile:

I also agree with previous poster. I do not see a fat girl. I see a strong woman kicking some serious deadlift *kitten*.