Fat girl dead-lifting

Options

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!! I lift heavy, but I'm not even close to your numbers! (yet!)
  • Simply amazing :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep rocking it!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Holy hell... I HAVE to be friends with you. Now.

Seriously, that's awesome stuff right there.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Stunning and AWESOME!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    bumping for an awesome thread.

You are in inspiration Deevaa :smile:
  • Clauduchinno
    Options
    Well done. You should be incredibly happy with yourself!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    bumping for an awesome thread.

You are in inspiration Deevaa :smile:

Chris you are the inspiration!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE MY ROLEMODEL!

Although, not as overweight as you started out. I too, am constantly encouraging everyone to push. See what your body can do.
    Don't be afraid to bulk up. I recently did my 1 rep max for the first time. In the past when I was training doing squats for example, I used my heaviest db, 25# each. but even though I haven't been training really at all, my 1 rep max is well over 100#.
    I knew that I could do many sets using the 25s and hundreds of squats without weights even when I'm not training,
    but I had no idea how .....much I was under training. Now I am embracing the heavy weights and plyo more than ever before.
    and going to start using my barbel more often. prob. even make some kind of vest. If my starting point is 150# then I could
    definitely lift 200 just like you :D Friend request on the way :)
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration!! The best part about those photos is the guy in the back lifting a little bit of weight while you are rocking it out with your deadlifts. :laugh: Shows those boys up!! Keep being awesome!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm relatively new to deadlifting. I hope someday I can make it look as easy as you do in those photos!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration!! The best part about those photos is the guy in the back lifting a little bit of weight while you are rocking it out with your deadlifts. :laugh: Shows those boys up!! Keep being awesome!

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's doing to be honest LOL.

I just sent this thread to my trainer, he's awesome and should totally be nice to me on Wednesday.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I was going to add you but I am guessing that you just got inundated with adds....so I will cheer you on from afar :)
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Rock On!!!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Last-night I asked my trainer to take a few photos of me dead-lifting, he took some awesome photos, but it also reminded me of how far I've come, and some of the challenges I faced.

8289646955_829d5ce34d_z.jpg

I love this photo because I look strong. Also because I'm lifting 90kg/198lbs, but there isn't any strain on my face, it looks easy.

Now here's the photo that reminds me of how far I've come:

8293065146_1a6b359852_z.jpg

It's not very flattering, and I wouldn't normally show a picture like this in public.... but here's why it's important to me.

Every day on these forums, I encourage heavy people to lift heavy weights.

But when you are truly big, there are some unique challenges.

When I first started out, I was 125kg/275lbs. I couldn't bend over, with my elbows outside my knees, the bar close to my shins and reach the bar to start with.

Especially not with a smaller weight on the bar and it was even lower to the ground.

I couldn't dead-lift with good form, because my belly was in the way and my arms seemed too short.... and my boobs would be pushed up by my belly fat......

I've lost 25kg/54lbs and it still looks awkward:

8290693116_75f3a58f95_z.jpg

But now, it's possible.

When the weight is lower, it's OK to have the bar a bit further away from your shins if you can't reach the bar because of your belly. Or to have a more 'sumo' styled stance so your belly fits between your thighs.

Just make sure you adjust your form as your weight comes off and the weight on the bar gets heavier.

NICE!!!! Keep it up!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome. You need to keep it up. Don't let anyone ever tell you you shouldn't be doing exactly what you're doing.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • samashalique
    samashalique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and you look great.
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are such an encouragement to me!