Jealous much?

Options

Replies

• jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I kinda don't blame her. I wouldn't want my man working out with some chick from the gym. But, that's just me.

agreed....I would be angry....but that's how I am too

ditto.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think the problem here is that he didn't tell her and give her the opportunity to be accepting and understanding. That could be because she has overreacted in the past, and he didn't want to make a big deal out of something that isn't one.

I am afraid that this friendship might put you in an awkward position because she is insecure, and it probably isn't really worth it. I'm sorry. That sucks.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    IDK! If a girl I just met at the gym wanted to exchange numbers, I would be under the impression she was not only interested in running. Can't blame his GF for being pissed.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    His girlfriend probably has self esteem issues. She clearly doesn't trust him. I don't get what the big deal is.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I would've rolled my eyes at him, made some comment about insecure women/people, then found another running partner. I don't "do" drama, I get enough that I *must* deal with in my work.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Do you really need a running partner? :huh:

I'd be jealous if I was the girl. Or at least suspicious.

Its one thing if you guys are already friends or just say hi to each other at the gym and chat....its another thing to exchange numbers and randomly text them..
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My philosophy has always been "If you can't trust the person you're with one of you is with the wrong person"
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Eh, I date adults, not teenagers who need to be grounded from seeing other people.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Personally if a guy I had just met was so willing to b!tch about his GF to me, I would think he was a complete douche. If he was a decent guy, you wouldn't know anything about his GF, their relationship or her 'issues' (if she really has any). I couldn't care less if I carry on like a complete pork-chop about something or am completely irrational, my husband wouldn't be sharing that with a stranger.

To be honest, it also gets my hackles up when a woman immediately assumes another woman is in the wrong. It sounds like you hardly know him but you are willing to completely accept that she's the jealous type and he's completely innocent. Wow, one up for the sistahood!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a computer nerd who never goes out :laugh: I don't think I'd ever have this kind of worry.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    VERY happy with your dear darling....yet trading numbers with random dude at gym

......seems legit

I would get dear darling to run with you, but that's just my humble opinion. You could bet household chores on who pr's.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    As long as everything is open & up front I see no issues. You made things that way with your man, he should have made things that way with his girl. His girl must have already had trust issues with him if she was checking his phone.

It's nice to have your running partner's number to coordinate before hand because sometimes things change & one person can't make it. If you know your partner is going, it gives you more motivation to show up.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    what are y'all talking about.....jealuosy is an awesome thing!

just in case - kidding
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    it irritates me that you call your bf/husband "my darling"........just saying.

She keeps him locked in her basement, feeding on rats and insects

So, I get a bunch of crap from you for telling someone it's weird to call their boyfriend their "husband", but you get to make fun of someone for calling their boyfriend/husband "my Darling"?

Seems legit.

Yes, I make fun of everyone for everything, perhaps you haven't seen me around much
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The difference is your bf probably does not reference you as Babydoll when speaking or commenting to others, such as: "The other day Babydoll said to me that I to pull out the Christmas decorations", or on Facebook, "I know what you mean dude, Babydoll takes hours to get ready in the morning. Babydoll practically lives before the mirror!"

However you bf calling YOU Babydoll to you in person is not weird or odd. Most of us call our significant others a different name ( baby, honey, hunnybunny, ***** ( with love) to their faces. We rarely address them by their first names unless angry with them or trying to get their attention across a crowded room.

Now, do you see the difference?

No he is a gamer and I HAVE SEEN him type "Can't tomorrow ,spending my time with my babydoll." or "Babydoll just finished making me dinner , gonna log off to nom with her" not weird to me and pretty damn cute if you ask me.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you're asking what others would do: I'd never meet a guy at the gym, exchange phone numbers, text to meet up again, and then discuss personal relationship issues with him. A few other points.

Jealousy =/= mistrust.

You don't know if he's given her reason to be jealous or mistrust him.

Respect that your "running friendship" with him could hurt his relationship and remove yourself from the situation.

Remember this for future use; YOU and Your Darling may not mind if the other meets up with people at the gym and develops this kind of relationship, but that doesn't mean that the women with your new friends will feel the same way.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It depends. How big is his junk?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Make sure you text his girlfriend when you find out! You two can bond over it. Jealousy: defeated!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Make sure you text his girlfriend when you find out! You two can bond over it. Jealousy: defeated!

Now you two are just silly :laugh: thanks for making me laugh!! :drinker:
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I would have said sorry dude, your girl is too much drama for me and I'll see you when I see you.