WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

@Janie love the song lol
    @Lila sounds like you had a fun time bowling. Enjoy your time with your daughter.
    @Lin good job meeting the challenge
    @jb. Great!
    @Michele everytime I read about your day I feel like a sluggard. You are amazing.

Today was another community day it went well. Passing out a lot of the goodies that I baked with my daughter tomorrow ". Looking forward to them being out of the house.

We are really having a windy day hard to be out in. So I put in Richard Simmons.

My elderly mom lives in a small farm town in Illinois. Its the home I grew up in. It 's s big old four square. They are getting.g lots of. snow blizzard like weather. I always worry about her being there by herself. Wish I was there or could talk her in moving out here.

Liz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    O Fitness Pal, My Fitness Pal,
    How steadfast are thy diaries.
    We need our daily entries!

Your member boards are full of fans,
    Full of facts, and diet plans
    You've given us a road map.

How lovely are thy scruples.
    You have so many pupils!

Your older gals are always here,
    Voicing triumphs, bringing cheer
    You've given us our future.

I HATE to drink the water!
    I know I really OUGHTA.....
    To flush my bod of sodium,
    and extra carbs, and fats I've done,
    I wished I LIKED the water!

O Janie, dear, release your fear
    Of plain old, stupid water.
    It's not so bad, just gulp it down
    I'm telling you, you oughter!

It's good for you, never severe,
    It's free of fat, and everclear!
    O Janie, dear, O Janie, dear,
    I'm telling you, you oughter!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Here are all four verses put together in one place for anyone who wants to sing the whole song
    I'm not a lyricist, but I know how to cut and paste :laugh:
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I really wish these forums had a LIKE or LOVE button!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :noway: :grumble: :explode: The recumbent bike is making funny noises. Jake tightened up everything like the manual said and the noises didn’t stop. This morning he called customer service and told them the whole story…..they are going to send a new flywheel to see if that will solve the problem…..so it’s likely that we won’t have a bike again until the end of next week….what an exercise in patience.

:flowerforyou: Tomorrow Jake has a doctor’s appointment in Seattle so I’m skipping dance class and going with him. We’ll drive about 60 miles to the ferry, park the car, walk onto the ferry, and take a cab from the ferry to the doctor’s office…..it might be close enough to walk but it’s a steep uphill from the ferry and likely to be raining like crazy…..Jake is hoping for at least one restaurant meal and maybe two…..he’s very nervous about the appointment so I’ll want to make it his day and be especially agreeable about what he wants to do……the good part for me is that I love walking while the ferry is crossing the water and I love ferry rides no matter what the weather or the destination.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ok - you guys are hilarious with the lyrics, we may have to give you a list of traditional carols and see what you can come up with - how about We Three Kings? Janie, M and JB, you are amazing at the lyrics and it's impossible to read them without singing them to see if they scan.

Today was the staff luncheon day and we opted for pizza (and it's literally months and months, maybe a year since I had pizza so it tasted pretty good). I do kind of wonder why they put pineapple on my veggie pizza though. I've been pretty good at staying away from the massive boxes of high end chocolates that have shown up at the office over the last week.

I'm just getting my emergency road kit together for the snow road trip tomorrow. I'm hoping the weather clears overnight - we got another 6 inches today (and I'm so fed up with shovelling you wouldn't believe it). I plan on staying overnight and then coming back on Saturday (with a tree to decorate). I still haven't done any baking so maybe DD and I will bake cookies.

Barbie - oh no about the bike! maybe you two are just too much for the bike to handle. Maybe an industrial model to take the amount of work you give it - lol. I too love ferries, having grown up on Vancouver Island I've spent a lot of time on ferries in my life.

JB - to keep it going
    Jingle Bells, fitness pals, losing all the way
    o what fun it is to log and see what others say
    Jingle Bells, kettle bells, muscles really pay
    For all the exercise we do each and every day - hey

Now someone else pick up the next verse.

Lila
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great job on the lyrics!! Very funny!

Thanks to everyone who sent prayers and well wishes for my dad. He is home from the hospital and doing well for the most part. He does seem to be having moments of confusion that are scary. As we were leaving the hospital, he said he didn't know he had been in the hospital. Then he refused to talk about it with us. Mom said he later told her that he didn't really remember much about the last few days. She feels he was just very tired, but we are worried that it is the beginning of memory loss.

I must finish my shopping tonight and tomorrow. Then wrapping, a little baking, and a final clean through before Christmas Eve festivities begin. Hope the weather doesn't keep family from getting here! If it does, we will take the celebration to them. We are the one who live out in the country up on a hill and also are the only ones that have four wheel drive.

Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful holiday season.

Deb A
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Thank you all for the laugh this morning, I love all the song writing!!!! We have some very talented people here!!! One year hubby and I sang on our answering machine (before voice mail) to the tune of Jingle bells starting with "Dashing through the snow" our version:

We`re not here right now
    We`re out spreading cheer
    If you leave your name and number
    we`ll get back before next year

Leave your name, leave your number
    Leave it right here for us
    Oh what fun it will be
    we`ll return it without a fuss!

We had people calling just to hear the message, I would answer the phone and be told they we`re calling to listen to the message, so I would tell them to call again and I wouldn`t answer the phone:laugh: ! Oh my gosh we used to have so much fun!!!

Barbie:smile: I hope Jakes appt. goes okay and I hope you both have a fabulous day!!!

DebA:smile: Glad your dad is doing a bit better! It is scary once the memory starts to go:cry: !

Well I`m off to have coffee with a friend this morning. House is all clean and sparkley:bigsmile: , except for mopping the floors and I`m going to wait till Saturday to do that, hopefully Noel and I won`t drag in too much dirt in one day:tongue: ! Closet is still a mess:ohwell: , that`s why they put doors on them though isn`t it?

Hope you all have a great day!!! Will try to get back later and get some more wonderful Vit.F!!!

Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm NORMAL, I'm NORMAL (though those who know me wouldn't agree with this :smile: )

Normal_zps2b928ade.jpg

From the 180's to the 150's in, what did my status say - 145 days?? Yayyyy!!!! Now to be 145 by my June 22nd birthday!!

OneFifties_zps1d9355ac.jpg

DeeDee - I have not seen a sparkly house in many years. My barn always looks better than my house :laugh:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Wessecg! :happy: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh Fitness Pal...

Jingle bells, kettle bells...Oh my dears you've made my morning.

Today is the last day of school so...the morning with be math games, the afternoon will be movies (my class chose Monsters Inc.) and then we're done. I'll get to the gym early and then home to do laundry and pack the truck (yeah) for the drive west.

Just finished my morning smoothie and packed my salad for lunch. Will be singing "Oh Fitness Pal, Oh Fitness Pal" as I resist the many treats and temptations in the school today. Must also resist relaxing into too much wine this evening!

See you all on the other side,

Nancy
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Will be sending good thoughts for your biopsy. Good luck.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I skipped several pages but sure have enjoyed all the songs and verses! So creative.

I agree with the people who tried things at Christmas parties and found them lacking. So many things are "not worth the calories", which is my catch phrase to remind myself. No chicken salad in the sandwiches but lots of croissant? Not worth the calories. Cake made from a mix? Not worth the calories. My homemade cookies? Worth every calorie LOL. Which is why I am planning to give most of them away tomorrow.

I've been ill this week with something like strep (Haemophilus), I lost several days just sleeping in the recliner. I think today might be my day to get a little bit of exercise, maybe an easy 20 minutes on the treadmill or something like that, a few weight machines. Gotta get back on that horse someday, even if I'm not 100% yet.

The tragedy in Connecticut, so senseless. I was in the grocery store yesterday, and a group of schoolchildren were there singing carols to the customers. I should have been happy. But instead I was crying, thinking of those sweet children that were lost. We definitely need to look at mental health accessibility. When my daughter was in crisis, even though we had terrific insurance, we couldn't get her in to a psychiatrist for 6 - 8 weeks. "Normal wait time for a first appointment" we were told. That's really wrong. Meantime they are suffering, suffering so badly we can't even comprehend.

I wish everyone a great healthy day!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla~ LOVE your verse!

hope you wouldn't mind me tweaking the end of it to fit the meter better-- " spread health around the world".

Oh Fitness Pal, My Fitness Pal,
    you help my motivation.
    When hunger pangs reduce my will
    and eating wrong seems like a thrill
    My many friends on fifty plus
    Spread health around the world!

well, we'll never replace Rogers & Hammerstein, but we're dang GOOD! :tongue:

janie :flowerforyou:

Great improvement! Thanks for the wonderful edit.
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    jb,
    you WIN! you've got me REALLY LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK-- i'll drink the D_&#ed water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:smile: :smile: :wink: :wink: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

janie
  • JNHeff
    Options
    i'll play with you again, today, jb, but i'm not good enough to do this every day....:tongue:

Jingle Bells, Fitness Pals,
    Losing all the way---,
    Oh, what fun it is to write
    Our food log every day---,
    Jingle Bells, Fitness Pals,
    Losing every day---,
    Drink your water, Janie, dear,
    Have a happy, leaner day--Hooray!

j :flowerforyou:
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wanna try! I wanna try, LOL!! Sing to the tune of Jingle bells (beginning verse and chorus)...

Oh, I stubbed my toe
    Kettle bells were in my way
    When the rope I jumped
    For keeping fit to stay.
    Get my trainer in the ring
    Sock him with a right
    Left upper cut to the chin
    And he’s out for the night.

Oh jingle bells, this shirt smells
    How much do I weigh???
    Oh what fun to lift those weights to keep those pounds at Baaa-aay!
    Jingle bells, this shirt smells
    I weigh how much you say???
    Oh, nuts! Oh, fudge! Hey that sounds good…no, no that’s—how—you—got—this—way!!
  • JNHeff
    Options
    Great verses, Lila, and Jolene! :happy: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile:

Hope you all are having a GREAT day!

now..... i've got to go drink some water..... :grumble: :grumble: :drinker: :drinker: :tongue: :tongue:

janie :flowerforyou:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I was afraid this might happen this morning :laugh: Thanks for the inspiration Cheryl, and congrats!!

Continuing on with Jingle Bells...

Dashing to the pot,
    Then stepping on the scale,
    Hoping to be down,
    To kiss goodbye the whale!
    When numbers do decrease
    We shout and sing O my!
    What fun it is to finally see
    A normal BMI!

Oh!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Shake the fannies, wave the arms
    Each and every day, hey!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to see
    Our fat just melt away!

Now bring your voices down a bit, and sing slowly to the tune of We Three Kings...

We Three Pounds of Holiday Pudge
    Gath'ring 'round from all of the fudge
    Holding on to thighs and ab-do-mens
    Now we can barely budge.

Oh--
    Pounds of peanuts, pounds of fat
    Pounds of cookies, this and that
    We'll be brooding and protruding!
    Guide us from thy sweets at last.

Happy Friday everyone!
    :smile: jb
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I wanna try! I wanna try, LOL!! Sing to the tune of Jingle bells (beginning verse and chorus)...

Oh, I stubbed my toe
    Kettle bells were in my way
    When the rope I jumped
    For keeping fit to stay.
    Get my trainer in the ring
    Sock him with a right
    Left upper cut to the chin
    And he’s out for the night.

Oh jingle bells, this shirt smells
    How much do I weigh???
    Oh what fun to lift those weights to keep those pounds at Baaa-aay!
    Jingle bells, this shirt smells
    I weigh how much you say???
    Oh, nuts! Oh, fudge! Hey that sounds good…no, no that’s—how—you—got—this—way!!

LOL Jolene!! :laugh: :laugh: Priceless!
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    OMG, I fell out of my chair laughing so hard. I love the jingle bells rewrites. :laugh: I have been sooo busy, and have not been keeping up. I vow to be better. The pool is having a contest on swimming starting next year, and I plan to win. DH is taking me to a New Years eve party at the Marriott. A room, dancing, dining, drinking ( I don't do alcohol), and he wants me do dress up. Big laugh on him, I don't have anything to dress up in. I hate buying clothes and haven't bought anything in a year. I will throw something together. Oh well, thanks all for the laugh, I needed it. Tigress