WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Saddened by the new in Connecticut. What a horrible way to have your holiday ruined. It makes me feel grateful for all that I have and I should just quit b!itchin' about and move on.

I am also sad because my daughter had to give up one of her dogs. She just couldn't handle both since her douche bag boyfriend baled out on her. So I hope my beloved granddog Reaper finds a good home.

Have a great day ladies.

Robin, Bodi boy and Ritter bit.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~~What horrible news,praying for the families in this tragedy.
    Hope Reaper finds a good one.
    Hope everyone has a good day
    Finally got to the gym with hubby`s crazy hours to do the knee machines.
    HUGS
    jane
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Terrible terrible terrible.

Literally felt sick when I heard the news after I posted earlier this morning. Took my doggies to the park, warmed up a bit by walking them around the the perimeter and down to the river, all the while trying to make sense of this madness. No luck with that. Afterwards I managed to jog a good 20 mins with my little terrier which helped ease the pain in the pit of my stomach. I don't imagine the families of those killed will ever feel any sort of relief. My heart goes out to them.

:cry: jb
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just watched that on the news my what goes on in sick people's heads your mad at your mother. Doesn't give you the right to snuff the life out of all those little innocent children. Worse they can't even punish him for his actions.

All them poor parents what a shame that these things happen in our world.

LindaC
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    :love: If you make a comment on the thread that interests you. Even if you just put bump in the reply it will show up under my topics. Go to community and then click on my topics. Hope that helps.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you make a comment on the thread that interests you. Even if you just put bump in the reply it will show up under my topics. Go to community and then click on my topics. Hope that helps.
  • pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Late to the challenge. For between Thanksgiving and New Year's I hope to lose or maintain my weight while practicing balance and moderation in all that I do.

Michelle
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hi y'all,
    i know your hearts are heavy with the senseless, tragic loss of innocent lives today. :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart:

i'm not techno-savvy enough to know how to post a link.....:frown:

but if you don't have the album already, go to YouTube and click on Babbie Mason's Trust His Heart. She is a wonderful songwriter and artist, and this song always speaks to me when i'm grieving.

May the God of all Peace and Comfort reach down and guard and guide our hearts through our grief. :heart: :heart: :heart:

The Holiday Season is hard on those who have lost loved ones, and this terrible tragedy has struck us all. :brokenheart:

Janie :flowerforyou:
  • mch1956
    mch1956 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My heart is broken by today's violence. I am raising my 7yr old GS and I just kept on thinking of leaving him in line on the playground for school this morning just like the parents in CT did the morning.
    MaryC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I know that I went over on my calories today. We had an open house to go to. Had a few raw veggies, 2 shrimp, some nuts, one piece of cheese on a cracker, just had water to drink. Then a friend asked us to go to his house to try this drink they'd made. I only had a shotglass full. I'm really not into drinking, I would honestly have preferred to have just had a sip and water for the rest of the time.

Tomorrow night is going to be a big landmine for me. We're supposed to go to that dinner/dance. It's supposed to be a prime rib dinner. I may ask if I can get 1/4 the meat (because I'm sure they'll serve a lot) and twice as much veggies. The good part is that it is BYOB so I'll probably bring my Bubba mug with tea in it. I bet they're not going to have fruit for dessert. I'll probably just have a little bite of the dessert or maybe not have it at all.

Did 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical and then 30 minutes of stepping on the AMT machine. Not quite sure why, but I just wasn't working as hard today as I usually do. Maybe I'm rationalizing, maybe this is the truth, I don't know. Maybe my body was saying "give me a break". Well....tomorrow I'll go to one food store, need carrots to take to the bowling party and I need to return some things, then go to yoga.

Had these snickerdoodles today. That really did me in. But I do know what happened, I was very tired for some reason so craving carbs. But then I took a nap for 2 hours, felt better.

bjmcq - wish the MD could convince Vince to change his eating. Actually, ever since he had diverticulitis, he's been having frosted mini wheats and cheerios for breakfast. Before he'd have a poptart or something equally disgusting. Good for you helping your dh. He's one lucky guy.

DeeDee - Denise just called, said that she's home. She's supposed to go back for an x-ray in a week and then in a month. Hope she has a MD order to go, otherwise they won't do it. We're trying to tell her how important it is to go and make sure it's clearing up

M - what a great bargain you got on those airline tickets!

Gail - hope it's good that you're down a size on the bra.

One of the many positives about Vitamin F -- it doesn't contain any calories!!! The good feeling you get actually helps you lose weight. Works for me. Just not losing at this time of the year.

Cheryl - hope you and your husband feel better fast!

kathy - you need to get better, too

Kate - that was so nice of the busdriver to stop so you could get your tickets. Ouch! Having to eat the fast food. Isn't it the pits when you forget what you've made up? Yesterday I was running so late for the Green Room that I didn't have time to eat breakfast and wound up having some Honey Graham Teddy crackers.

katla - hope all goes well for you at the doctor's

Laura - Denise is home right now, but I just hope she continues to take care of herself. It's so easy to just go into your old habits especially when you're feeling better. Kind of like someone not taking all their antibiotics because they feel better. Well, all I can do is hope and pray. The other day I made brownies for Vince, he wasn't up yet so I didn't use the mixer (he's a light sleeper). The recipe just said to "mix" the flour, but what they meant was mix it with a mixer. Well...next time I will. The brownies had good flavor, only you could see places where the flour didn't get incorporated the way it should have. I'll probably try making them again for him but this time using a mixer.

Lin - was it you who did those exercises on the handicapped railings in the bathroom? Which exercises did you do? I can't remember. That might be one way I can get some exercise in when the phones aren't ringing at the Green Room (theater). Vince wants to go see the movie "Lincoln" and so do I. Hopefully, it'll still be at the theater here after Christmas, maybe we'll go one night.

mcdebbie - Vince has a concealed carry permit. You know, he really doesn't like me to go to the store alone at night, now I sort-of comprehend why he goes with me and always takes a gun with him. He is responsible, but you don't know about the other people. The bad part is that now we're probably going to get people saying "see, if he didn't have a gun, those people wouldn't be dead". Yea, like that's going to stop someone. Maybe the threat that if they killed someone, they might get shot would do it, I don't know the answer.

jb - LOVE the quote about the torture device, and so true!!! Actually, loved all those quotes.

Robin - hope Reaper finds a really good home.

One little thing that sort-of concerns me. See, we're 99.99% sure that the guy Denise is living with is the one who abused Lexi so badly. Now Denise was in the hospital, she said that when she came home the cat just stayed under the christmas tree and wouldn't come out. Eventually, Denise got her out and she seemed to be glad Denise was home. Not quite sure why this is bothering me, but it is.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :cry: too sad for words...how on earth does something like this still happen. My heart goes out to all the families that are affected. :cry:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    What a terrible day for the families in Connecticut and the nation. I've been reading posts for awhile and was planning to reply to some but decided it's not going to help tonight.
    Did have my second dinner party, helped with tour of homes and had Sunday School dinner party. Unlike a lot of you, I'm not doing very well with my choices. My biggest issue is not getting ANY exercise right now. Just too tired from all the going ons.(Don't think that's a word!)
    I'll be back tomorrow for more Vit F.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I got up too early this morning to walk the dogs....walked them for an extra long time....taught the beginner line dance class and did a rehearsal with the performance group for our performances next week, then went to a line dance party where we danced a lot including another practice for the performance......I didn't stay until the end of the part and couldn't figure out why I wasn't eager to stay and dance some more but when I got home, I put my bags down, hung up my coat and went directly to bed where I napped for over an hour.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I made latkes for supper and we're headed to bed early :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I don't have to get up early tomorrow :bigsmile:

:heart: :yawn: Barbie from NW Washington
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Loved the quotes JB, just had to send them along to some others too! Hope you had a great Friday, and all the tragedies of the day did not dampen your spirits!:flowerforyou:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Today is just such a sad Day! Beyond words...

As this happens my life went on. Good day overall went to a Christmas party for my company tomorrow my church will be having our annual Christmas dinner.

Sending everyone Hugs!

Lix
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, my heart is heavy thinking about those little children and those poor parents who won't be able to hug their babies again. I simply don't understand how these things happen.

I've been off the thread for a few days, taking a break and feeling very tired. Glad it's the weekend and I can't believe how close Christmas is, where did the time go?

JB thanks for the quotes. And I love the profile photo.
    Robin - sorry about the grand dog, hopefully your daughter will be able to rehome him in a good family.
    Barbie - I can't imagine the amount of energy you burn in a single day - you are a dynamo. r5555t89999999999999999999999999999999999i (that is Mookers the cat walking across my keyboard).
    I'm going to go and read everyone's posts now and check back in the morning. I had Chinese food for dinner tonight, probably not the best choice given the additives, and I've been so thirsty ever since - so I guess that means there was a ton of sodium in it.
    I think I'll avoid the scale for a couple of days.

Talk to you tomorrow.
    Lila
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

I think we are all heavy of heart this morning after reading about those poor children and adults who were taken from their loved ones. My prayers are going out to them.

It makes me feel very selfish when I complain about my aches and pains when I know that the loved ones of those that were killed will be feeling such unbearable pain for a long time to come.

Today is going to be a stress filled one at work. Yikes - people get crazy so close to Christmas. Working in the centre of Mayfair means that my journey on the tube is - well, let's just say that the tubes are a little packed and leave it at that.

We are off to see the Hobbit this evening. Very excited. Martin Freeman is a customer of ours - and an absolute sweetheart.

Well my lovelies, I'd better get cracking with some work before the next onslaught hits the gallery.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

My heart aches for the families that have lost their loved ones, first the shooting in the mall and now at a school:brokenheart: :sad: . Such senseless violence, I just don`t understand how someone could hurt those beautiful innocent children. I spent yesterday watching the TV with tears in my eyes. It`s such an emotional time for me anyhow, I miss my husband terribly:sad: , it was his favorite holiday, as well as my moms, I`m thankful that I have my beautiful granddaughters to keep me in good spirits this time of the year!!! I think about all the families now whose Christmas will never be the same, I hurt so much for them!

Will try to pop in later, hopefully with a happier message!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Feel so incredibly sad and am praying for all who are grieving after the shooting in CT. There are just no words. I'm finding it difficult to get back into preparations for Christmas, but need to finish shopping. Hoping that spending some time with my family this weekend will help.

DeeDee- Fully understand what you are feeling. Hug your granddaughters!

Went to the doctors and am up 2 pounds from 3 weeks ago. We talked about a new strategy for eating and a new exercise.routine for toning. She feels that I do not need to lose any more weight, just tone up some more..

Congratulations to all with successes! to all who are enduring struggles- lots of hugs!

Some suggested turning on the twinkling lights and sit and enjoy. I think you have the right idea. I plan on finding some time today to turn on the music, watch the lights and reflect on the meaning of the season.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hug your loved ones.

Deb A
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Above the border here, we share all the pain in the mounting losses due to senseless gun violence on the innocent: as I write, the CNN ticker says another man just shot himself and a woman in Las Vegas, to add to the mall, and the terrible losses of those children and teachers......

Here is the original voice of grief from the famous Meditations on death from Donne:

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Neither can we call this a begging of misery, or a borrowing of misery, as though we were not miserable enough of ourselves, but must fetch in more from the next house, in taking upon us the misery of our neighbors."

May your country find some healing at this terrible time.....