Things i wish i was told when i started my Journey.

Options

Replies

• 2gurl45
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information! Really appreciate it! So that means if you want to build muscle definition you cannot have a calorie deficiency but need a calorie surplus? But what if i want a lean toned body, not high muscle definition, do i still do strength training and have a calorie deficiency?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Dont stop believin.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    midnighttrain.gif
    glad to see you have your journey all figured out \m/
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Dont stop believin.
    Hold on to that feeeeeeeeelin'.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    thanks for such a great post. I'm starting in Jan. so this will all come in handly.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wish they'd told me Steve Perry eventually leaves the band.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Dont stop believin.

STHAP!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Dont stop believin.

STHAP!
    First.....sthap?

Second, streetlights, people, wooooaaaahhhh.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    tl;Dr

wish someone had said not to call it a journey
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    musica-de-journey.gif
  • blissfulbutt
    Options
    I lost half on my own and am now continuing my journy with this site. All of this info is fantastic. Thank you so much for writting this!
  • improvninja
    improvninja Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am a stupid novice.
    My question is this: So I have the BMR, which I have selected moderate lifestyle...keeping in mind I exercise at least 3 times a week...which gives me a daily expenditure rate. I am taking in around 1800 calories a day. When I exercise, I sometimes surpass the amount of calories "in" through the calories I burn "out" and it puts me in a deficit. Is this bad or is it the proper way to lose weight? Burn more than you take in? That is what I have heard...but is my exercise added in to the BMR calculation of moderate. Maybe I am eating too few calories. Scale not moving as dramatic as I would have thought.

help.
  • thethinnydiaries
    Options
    Great post! Thank you!!!
  • spramn
    spramn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am a stupid novice.
    My question is this: So I have the BMR, which I have selected moderate lifestyle...keeping in mind I exercise at least 3 times a week...which gives me a daily expenditure rate. I am taking in around 1800 calories a day. When I exercise, I sometimes surpass the amount of calories "in" through the calories I burn "out" and it puts me in a deficit. Is this bad or is it the proper way to lose weight? Burn more than you take in? That is what I have heard...but is my exercise added in to the BMR calculation of moderate. Maybe I am eating too few calories. Scale not moving as dramatic as I would have thought.

help.

Dont be so hard on yourself, its a learning process.

So you did your BMR calculations, selected Moderately Active, this gives you a TDEE number. Start by eating 20% below that and see how you go. For a start i would not eat back any calories burnt by exercise, sounds like you may be double dipping on exercise calories being burnt..

If you want some more help, friend me and we can chat there, and then i can see ure diary.
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    thanks for the post. I read it and there were a lot of smart points.
    Will have to review a few things from here!
  • beedrty
    beedrty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Incredible post. 90% of what you wrote as worked for me as well.
  • spramn
    spramn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    tl;Dr

wish someone had said not to call it a journey

Felt like a journey to me =)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'd put step 12 at the top of that list. Too often people go weeks and months without any progress, but don't change what they are doing either.

If it isn't working, do something different. :smile:
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. This will help me a lot. I won my breast cancer fight and now would like to get healthy.