Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Friday! Went to my holday party and behaved quite well. Only one glass of wine then carried water for the rest of the night. Took strawberries and cool whip for my dish. Ate very lightly and did well, but did NOT refuse the plate of cookies the hostess offered at the end of the night and ate too many when I got home so epic FAIL! :grumble:

Have been thinking of our January Goals and want to approach the New Year with a whole new attitude! How about this for our goals::: SWEAT and HUNGER!!! Did I sweat today? Did I let myself get hungry today?
    I don't think we have been focusing on the hunger part of our diets enough. We need to feel the hunger to know our diets are working! I'm not sayng we need to starve, but that little bit of hunger is the sensation that tells us that our metabolism is burning our stored reserves and I know I have not felt hunger in a long time.

Good goals for 2013. Holiday cookies are my down fall too because I am a good cookie maker :love:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to your community, but not new to weight loss struggles. In 2008, my health had deteriorated to the point that my doctor recommended lapband surgery. To avoid all that, I got serious once again about losing weight. I joined Weight Watchers, joined Gold's Gym, and hired 2-3 sessions a week with a personal trainer. The weight started coming off and I lost a total of 176 lbs. in 18 months. I kept the weight off for awhile, but got lazy, reverted to my old habits, and soon put back 140 lbs. (I am a prime example of Yo-Yo Dieting!)

Again, this past Summer, my doctor told me I would get the weight off or it was going to kill me. He insisted this time on the surgery, but I promised I would recommit and do what it takes to get off the Yo-Yo train. I started July 11, 2012, and last night at my hospital-sponsored weight-loss support group I weighed in having lost 99.8 lbs. to date (about 23 weeks!) I feel great and am ready to commit to lose the remaining 125 lbs my doctor requires.

Thanks for letting me share a bit of my journey with you. I saw this thread and thought, Yes! I can join that club today. Have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your families and traditions, but don't splurge too much. You can lose weight using MFP. Regularly logging your calories is the only way to be honest with yourself.

All the best in the New Year,
    Kirk Anderson (andek095)

P.S. I welcome friend requests...

wow, good work taking it off though.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope your day is going well. I have had a pretty good day. Got the house on the road to being clean and lots of cooking done. I made four different kinds of candies and three kinds of breads. I am feeling pretty good about having everything ready on time :smile: I did a short workout today only ten minutes but I have been moving most of the day. I have had my kids taste testing for me so I just logged a couple of hundred calories for licked fingers and such. I know what a bad mom fattening up the poor kids with all the testing:laugh: Well I hope you all have a great weekend and while looking for those oppurtunities to cut some calories dont stress it to much. This is for a lifetime not the short term so dont stress a couple of days.:bigsmile:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wow! I really packed in the calories tonight. I didn't eat much all day so I would be ready for the pizza party. With exercise credit, I had about 950 calories left for the day. Well, I still went over.:embarassed: It was really good food and lots of fun. Tomorrow we are having a girls' day. I don't know how much damage that will do. I'm glad we don't have holidays like this very often.
    Kaye
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fitness this week was interesting. Spent 3 weeks with out my car (due to repairs of Sandy and poseidon as well as my accident). I decided Tuesday night I had enough with being stuck in the house laying on the couch picking food off of my shirt and doing the whole "woe is me" thing. I went out for a 3/4 mile Walk/jog that evening. Came back winded but feeling better.

My usual saturday fitness is curling (on ice, for the state of NJ). I curl in the morning with the teenagers (10AM-1PM) and then again with the adult at night, (7-9PM). Since I'm not in school until January i'm pondering the idea of just walking the block (which is about a grand total of a mile) daily and eventually start using the university's equipment.

Until then, I'll be curling on saturday's as usual, because nothing says awesome like slapping teflon to your foot and sliding 42lbs of granite 140 while screaming "HARD! HURRY! HARD!" and not getting dirty looks.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MowMow - I'm almost as relieved as you! Phew - glad to hear that! And good to hear the incision is healing nicely.

Tina - big congrats for exercising at work - that is stupendous and also for dancing with your niece. Changing from your muffin was a strong choice too. Bravo bravo! Are you ready to sweat every day next January? Are you ready to feel hungry each day?
    That's our challenge!

jtconst - I envy you your baking skills - I remember growing up and being at my grandmothers smelling loaves of fresh-baked bread and pound cake. Oh how delightful! :love:

kaye - :laugh: I agree I;m glad Christmas only comes once a year! Only wish it hadn't become such a blur from Thanksgiving to News Years Day!

Hyzaarc - hey you got a walk in, that's tremendous! Your job with curling sounds beastly hard, but in a way like a lot of fun. It just sounds so heavy, I know I'd throw my shoulder out if I tried it in the shape I'm in, so I salute you!

Happy Holidays, Hugs!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So I have nothing to share about Friday Fitness, but what a meal today. It was darn good, but I'll be paying for it later I'm sure. I just added 2,000 quick calories to be safe and not even going to try to figure it out. We're getting ready to open Gordon Ramsay Burgr at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas. Between parm onion rings, salt & vinegar hummus w/garlic pita, Hell's Kitchen Burger (avocado, jalapeno, cheese and some kind of dressing) then a chocolate hazelnut shake for dessert (which I didn't finish) . . . oh my!!! All of the food had such amazing flavors - salty versus sweet or sweet vs spicy. It was so good! Like I said I'll be paying for it later and probably gained 5 lbs in that meal alone. Tomorrow is a new day - thank goodness!!!!!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello.Everyone,

Came home last night after dinner fell asleep in my Lazy boy (or lazy girl). Woke up it was 1:35 am Saturday hikes. So now I am.awake for a bit.

Today was a really good day at work busy more lifting of clients. That isn't good on my knees. Will need to talk to them come Wednesday. But other than that a good day.

Came home it was dark very windy so no did not go out for a walk. But did workout to Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies..
    it felt good doing it but with the lifting today at work. Really am sore but also the weather outside my joints are really hurting

@Robin I like the new goals goals for January.
    @Kaye - I am in agreement with you that I am happy the Holidays only come once a year.
    @Susan sounds like you had a good time.

Tomorrow. Will consist of shopping for Christmas dinner stuff, cleaning and putting together our gifts for our neighbors gifts.and few others. We always make treat tins for them. Luckily most of the baking is done so just assembling.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Liz
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Susan~Food sounds fantastic, glad you had a good time. Sometimes its hard to avoid certain foods, sounds like you had a fab time and like you said today is a new day!

Hope everyone gearing up for the holiday's. My Saturday Success is that there is a bowl full of peppermint bark in my fridge that I made the other night and I haven't had any of it! Just cookies left to make tomorrow. My calf cramped up on me yesterday (I imagine from Thursday's run) but am going to try and get out for a run after it warms up.

I do have a question. I'm putting together a gift for my personal trainer, but have really been struggling with what to give him but here's what I've come up with - a pound of coffee, some tea, some almonds, an AMC gift card, and a tiny bit of the peppermint bark. Does this sound okay? I'm not really sure what to give him, he's done so much for me this year so I want to do something.

Kelley
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

@susan2396- sounds like you liked Gordon Ramsay Burger at Planet Hollywood, I guess we will have to try it (no twisting of arms needed lol)

@Hyzaarc- ever seen a movie called “Men with Brooms”, it is a Canadian made quirky comedy, drama, romance that brought a tear to my eye. I loved it.

menwithbrooms_zps6218f29a.jpg

I’m off work until January 3! Which will be great but I must try to stay active as I tend to be very sedentary when not working. I will be logging my whimpy strength training and all my walks but it will be a challenge to be active.
    Tom
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have started loggng my food and really committed to doing that no matter what, starting today. I am feeling better and only have a few errands to run and then I am thru with all shopping.

Will be watching my precious great granddaughter tonight and I always (well most of the time) enjoy that. She has been so sweet lately and not showing her terrible two's. I delight at seeing how quickly she is learning. I bought her a dvd player and elmo dvd;s and she occupies herself with those and seems mesmerized by them. We are also moving her table and chairs to the sunroom so we can help her with her puzzles.

KAH, That sounds like a very nice gift, better than junk food and something I am sure the trainer can use.
    Kirk: Congratulations on this step of the journey. I know you can suceed at keeping the weight off
    Mn Walking Queen - I don't consider your evening a failure. You had a little burp, that's all. Had you not planned ahead, I'm sure you could have done a lot of damage
    Mymow - Thanks for the encouragement
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    For Friday Fitness i had found a Richard Simmons exercise tape and worked out to the tape today ! It was the sweat to the oldies and it was a wonderful workout !
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday--it was the last day of school before winter break, so my teacher friends and I went out for an Irish Pub crawl. Had a so-so day with food--snacked all day, so when we got to the first pub, I asked a friend if she wanted to split a sandwich rather than eating the whole thing myself. I didn't drink too much, but we were in my parents' neighborhood, so I decided to sleep at their place. Had to get up early and drive home in time to get Gunner to the salon, so a bit on the tired side today.

Friday fitness:
    I got to the gym twice during the work week, which is pretty good for me. I was planning to go today, but have been cleaning all morning (de-furring while Gunner was away), and now think I will probably just take him for a long walk. It's very chilly out, but it's beautifully sunny with very little wind. I will go to the gym tomorrow for sure though.

Will check back to do personals and Saturday Success later.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym (did weights and stationary bike) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym DONE
    Thurs--rest day (holiday party)
    Fri--rest day (holiday pub crawl)
    Sat--walk gunner + core

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. x/22 Failure essays
    3. x/48 AP tests
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. 59/59 Scarlet Letter annotations DONE
    6. x/30 Scarlet Letter Papers
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan - your evening sounds truly gourmet - I would have had to try everything too - just to say I did. It would have been a bucket list sort of evening I think and well worth it.

Kah - I like your gift idea and think its very appropriate for your trainer, and I think he'll like it. It full of delightful things! :love:

Tom - so glad you've lost nearly your 10 lb gain - and so rapidly. Hey, don't belittle your weight lifting efforts. I wish you'd post them in fact to encourage me to try and do some lifting too. I am a major limp-o when it comes to weights, and I need to start some kind of strength training.

Kris - Sweatin to the Oldies is very vigorous - he's the champ of dance!

KJeffries - I applaud your decision to start logging your food again. Its a pain sometimes, I know, but I feel better for doing it.
    Enjoy your great grand-daughter tonight and have a ball!

I'm going over to a friends today to take portraits of her and her kitties and dog under their Christmas tree - what a fun enterprise. Will try to capture a few snaps of snow covered trees on the way there and back if the light is good. A no pressure day.

OH! I just walked a mile to Leslie Sansone on YouTube- thank you Tina for the idea!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Wahooo--- over 2 1/2 hours shoveling and hacking at heavy snow and ice and finally I can get my vehicles in and out of the driveway. I am so incredibly thankful that since the snow removal guys did *NOT* show up and didn't answer the phone that I had indeed lost enough weight to be able to do this work.

Now that indeed is a NSV!! Woot!

Drink your water.....:drinker: :drinker: (I'm celebrating with some hot tea! I know, I'm kinda walking on the wild side today. :wink: )

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • JanetRene1
    JanetRene1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well it's Saturday so...Today's success is starting over...again.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @janet--welcome! that is indeed a great success! :flowerforyou:

@lin--great NSV and you probably burned massive calories! Be careful with that tea--don't overdo it! :laugh:

@robin--yay for youtube!! I envy your ability to take good photos. It is a skill I sorely lack, and not for a want of training. I went to numerous photography workshops when I was the yearbook adviser, so I know what to do in theory. In practice, however, it never seems to work for me--even with professional grade equipment. :ohwell:

@kris & liz--fun workout! I wish I had a large enough space in my home to do some of those video workouts.

@tom--robin's right--you shouldn't belittle your strength training efforts--you'll be surprised at how quickly you will build strength and increase the weights and reps. If you had told me when I started that I would ever be able to do 150lbs on the torso rotation machine, I would have laughed in your face, but that's where I'm at after 2 years! :noway:

@kelley--I think the gift sounds wonderful!

@susan--that meal sounds amazing!! I would have done the same for logging. I've learned that if it's something I can't find/re-create easily in the database, sometimes it's easier just to quick add. I figure that leaves me more time to walk the dog or do some core work. :wink:

@hyzaarc--curling sounds like a fun way to burn calories!

@kaye--Even if you went over, I bet you still did a lot better than if you hadn't tried to plan for the pizza party. And you're right, at least we don't have these temptations every day.

@tammy--great advice about not stressing over the holiday meals--you're so right! :flowerforyou:

@mymowmow--hope you're feeling better soon--glad you are done with those meds!

Saturday Success:
    Well I went shopping for presents for my sister's pets and my niece. These are the only presents I need to get before christmas. The pets were easy, but I had no idea what to get Violet. Walked into TJ Maxx and immediately found this toy that's perfect! She can stand a push it while she's learning to walk (she's right on the verge of walking right now--just wants to hold onto something). Then, when that's no longer fun for her, it converts into a little ride she can scoot around on.

I also wanted to share something I had my students in my grammar class do yesterday. Some of you have probably heard about it--it's called Snowflakes for Sandy Hook. Basically people are making and sending snowflakes that will be used to decorate the new building the Sandy Hook kids will attend after winter break. The goal is to create a "blizzard of caring." Here is the link if anyone wants to send any:

http://www.momendeavors.com/2012/12/snowflakes-for-sandy-hook.html

Normally, I don't have time to do this type of thing in my classes, but my Advanced Grammar class is ahead of schedule, so I let them make paper snowflakes. It was really nice--some of them decorated theirs with messages of love for the kids. Very sweet.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym (did weights and stationary bike) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (did treadmill and elliptical) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (holiday party)
    Fri--rest day (holiday pub crawl)
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + core

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. x/22 Failure essays
    3. x/48 AP tests
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. 59/59 Scarlet Letter annotations DONE
    6. x/30 Scarlet Letter Papers
    7. x/28 Tone Test revisions
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Wanted to add that I love the idea for the January challenge! I am thinking of doing some sort of fast for a couple of days, just to remind myself of what "real" hunger feels like--it's been too long. :blushing:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am back after an undesired absence. Annapolis had a very unusual power outage on Thursday night. The city lost 2 major transmission line and darken the entire city about 50,000 people. It occurred about 9 pm. Needless to say it was very quiet. The problem occurred on Friday when the Cable would not work so my brother spent time trying to repair it. He brought a new batter for the box and that worked for a little while, then about 6pm the whole system (phone, TV and internet) went out again. I was on the phone with Verizon last night and luckily I was able to get them to come out today to fix it. The only reason I got this appointment was due the medical reasons for my Dad. They took pity on my family. It was a 5 minute fix but they replaced the entire battery box. Needless to say, I finished all my wrapping for Christmas since there was no TV last night. The storm that the mid west was getting affected my area as well- rain and wind= power outage for about hours.

I like curling and looking forward to trying it again this winter.

Kris- Welcome to the group.

Exercise goals for the week were hit and miss for the week.

Plan for this week
    Saturday- gym- walk, bike
    Sunday- trainer workout
    Monday-workout- walk bike row
    Tuesday- Rest or walk around the neighborhood depending on weather
    Wednesday gym-rock wall
    Thursday-gym
    Friday- rock wall???
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Lin- i did not know you were such a wild thing :laugh: :laugh: