Man bashing on MFP

Options
I'm fairly new to the site and love it however during this very short time I am seeing a bunch of threads where it seems to be a norm to pretty much bash men. Are most of the men on this site bad folks? I have seen more than a few posts where men have been nothing but helpful. Am I missing something? Do they say mean things via emails to you?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    We thrive on being hated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Nothing but <3 for that one ^^

But seriously, these forums bash everyone. Sometimes males, sometimes females, sometimes overweight people, sometimes "skinny" people. I don't know if you know it, but there can only be 5 happy people in the forums, so I have to make a bunch of people feel crappy if I want a happy spot.
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's just a reflection of society. It's fashionable to bash men. It's sexist to bash women. Women have gained a lot of well deserved ground in the last few decades, but they have proven to be less than perfect with their new found power. Ironically, abuse of power was always their complaint about men. Women say some pretty horrible things and laugh about it; things that would get a man in a ton of trouble. I'm hoping to someday see the pendulum settle in the middle. I don't think women would much like a world without us, even though it sounds that way sometimes. We (men) wouldn't want a world without them either.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The guys on my FL are total rock stars. However, the only 'man bashing' I have seen relates to peoples comments about men in general and not specific to ones on this site.
  • zx0810r
    zx0810r Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I for one think the chit-chat sub forum is too kind.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    It's just a reflection of society. It's fashionable to bash men. It's sexist to bash women. Women have gained a lot of well deserved ground in the last few decades, but they have proven to be less than perfect with their new found power. Ironically, abuse of power was always their complaint about men. Women say some pretty horrible things and laugh about it; things that would get a man in a ton of trouble. I'm hoping to someday see the pendulum settle in the middle. I don't think women would much like a world without us, even though it sounds that way sometimes. We (men) wouldn't want a world without them either.

Please do not generalize about women, It's as bad as women generalizing about men.
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I think men and women are equally challenged by social pressures, just in different ways. So I don't think there's much to bash. It is what it is.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I for one think the chit-chat sub forum is too kind.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly loathsome; I welcome that bashing which I've earned.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    they deserve to be bashed. these men not only eat babies, but they inaccurately input the nutritional info in the MFP database.
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Please do not generalize about women, It's as bad as women generalizing about men.

This thread IS about generalizations. I stick by what I said.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly loathsome; I welcome that bashing which I've earned.

*bashes* :P
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I just posted this is another bashing thread and I'll post it here:

I really dislike "generalizations." How can you say more women do this or more men do that, or why do all women say these things, or all men do these types of things. It's ridiculous! Men and women are people. Period.

They are individuals that like what they like, act how they act, and should not be blamed because one or two others of the same gender, height, weight, heritage, or hobbies decided to say or do something that wasn't nice or what you thought was "right".

People bash on each other for various reasons and that's that. No one gender, race, etc is more to blame than another...is more right than another...is nice, meaner, etc than another.

You'd think we'd learn this by now..lol.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    they deserve to be bashed. these men not only eat babies, but they inaccurately input the nutritional info in the MFP database.

Appalling! If you aren't going to log accurately, don't log at all!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Fair enough. I have an opinion about what that says about you....but you will not care so it's all good.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

and so it begins...

tumblr_lw45pys2Qo1r1onmy.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

and so it begins...

mr-burns-excellent-o.gif
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

and so it begins...

mr-burns-excellent-o.gif

Dramaaaa! Gonna get me a good seat for this.

1675jk5.gif
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You.

Take all my HAs. All three of them. In a row. :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

and so it begins...

Haha, this must be Bill Hader pretending to be Keith Morrison from Dateline. Great Gif!