How attainable is Jillian's figure?

Options
124»

Replies

• MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    ha ha everytime you say banana shape i picture someone arched forward like a banana i know thats a little literal but still....
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I don't have gym access but I have an exercise bike and some hand weights. Plus I am a bit limited with DVDs as I exercise upstairs. Determined to get there! Super unfit some am going to start walk / jogging.

My measurements are 41 - 33 - 44 so pear shaped I guess? I would be happy as a smaller (much smaller!!) pear!

I think I need a picture of Jillian by my exercise bike and one on the fridge!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    ha ha everytime you say banana shape i picture someone arched forward like a banana i know thats a little literal but still....

me too!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    LOL I hope I don't have that kinda posture!! hehe

Here's a link:

http://explore.idojour.com/what-body-type-are-you/
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    apparently im a pear....
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 95 lbs and it looks pretty much like that. I think I'm more of an hourglass but it's pretty close. I do some crazy workouts, I have to admit. But, my question is I wonder how much she says she weighs because people can get all crazy when you say you weigh under 100 lbs. No matter who you are or what your doctor says people just assume you're "too skinny". Yet, if I didn't tell you what I weighed you might assume I'm 105 or 110 because I look fit and healthy. So I wonder, does she really say she weighs one number for publicity reasons when in reality she's much smaller leaving people to wonder why they don't look like her at that same weight.

There is a huge difference in being Thin and athletically fit... I took at look at your photos and you do look to be under 100lbs ... that is not Fit its just thin and that is fine if that is your goal if you are having a healthy diet and your doctor says that ok then i guess its ok.... Jillian has a lot of muscle which makes you weigh more so although she looks very small her muscles make her a higher weight... I am 5'2" and not far off from the same size as Jillian... i am 111lbs and gaining muscle I have a little less muscle then Jillian so there is the weight difference.

Jillians look is defiantly attainable with lots of hard work, proper diet and being consistent. Most people do not have the motivation and dedication it takes to have a body like Jillians... but if its something you really really want then think long term, this is a lifestyle change and something you will have to work on for the rest of your life. Once you get there it doesnt end you then have to learn how to maintain that body and that constantly takes good eating habits and routine
    Really? Flattered that I look thin, I think (lol), but trust me I'm fit. I run marathons and weight train. I can do 64 "guy" push ups, I can do full pull ups, I'm strong for a little girl and pretty toned, which proves a good point. Maybe photos don't tell the whole story. I think any goal is attainable and it may not look exactly the way you pictured it and when you get there, it may not look the way others think it should look but it's your goal. So if Jillian is the goal you're going to hold yourself to...go for it. Good luck!
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    cgray i think you look fantastic you look healthy and fit.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    For me, not so much.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh she's real all right. She use to be on The Doctors.

o_o She's all about healthy eating and exercise.

However, everyone has a different body type. Not sure if you can get her body or not.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    very attainable --- for Jillian. Strong and fit is very attainable for anybody though with proper diet and competent, sensible strength training and exercise.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I mean she looks great but I don't think she's THAT impressive to be quiet honest she doesn't really have all the much muscle definition. But everyone enjoys a different body type. She is thin but I don't think she's particularly toned. I can't think any any name off the top of my head but I'd rather look more like someone with a bit more muscle since right now I'm skinny fat, almost underweight and not really happy with my figure

Also her hands are up above her head in this photo. This is a good trick to make yourself look thinner in pictures. Just sayin' outside of photo shop and stuff that's just a basic rule since is stretches/elongates you
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Good point - Jillian's never had any kids, and neither have I. I don't plan on it either.

I do know some moms though that have rockin' bods, so I wouldn't let that deter you.

Jillian just had a baby..

No, Jillian and her partner just adopted a baby.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 95 lbs and it looks pretty much like that. I think I'm more of an hourglass but it's pretty close. I do some crazy workouts, I have to admit. But, my question is I wonder how much she says she weighs because people can get all crazy when you say you weigh under 100 lbs. No matter who you are or what your doctor says people just assume you're "too skinny". Yet, if I didn't tell you what I weighed you might assume I'm 105 or 110 because I look fit and healthy. So I wonder, does she really say she weighs one number for publicity reasons when in reality she's much smaller leaving people to wonder why they don't look like her at that same weight.

There is a huge difference in being Thin and athletically fit... I took at look at your photos and you do look to be under 100lbs ... that is not Fit its just thin and that is fine if that is your goal if you are having a healthy diet and your doctor says that ok then i guess its ok.... Jillian has a lot of muscle which makes you weigh more so although she looks very small her muscles make her a higher weight... I am 5'2" and not far off from the same size as Jillian... i am 111lbs and gaining muscle I have a little less muscle then Jillian so there is the weight difference.

Jillians look is defiantly attainable with lots of hard work, proper diet and being consistent. Most people do not have the motivation and dedication it takes to have a body like Jillians... but if its something you really really want then think long term, this is a lifestyle change and something you will have to work on for the rest of your life. Once you get there it doesnt end you then have to learn how to maintain that body and that constantly takes good eating habits and routine
    Really? Flattered that I look thin, I think (lol), but trust me I'm fit. I run marathons and weight train. I can do 64 "guy" push ups, I can do full pull ups, I'm strong for a little girl and pretty toned, which proves a good point. Maybe photos don't tell the whole story. I think any goal is attainable and it may not look exactly the way you pictured it and when you get there, it may not look the way others think it should look but it's your goal. So if Jillian is the goal you're going to hold yourself to...go for it. Good luck!

What i meant was that jillian higher weight then you is probably because she has more muscles then you do, its possible to be small at a higher weight because muscle weighs more then fat... Being thin is perfectly fine if those are your goals. I didnt mean to suggest that you were not fit, it does take a certain type of fitness to stay at a small weight. And you are correct even if someone has a goal like Jillian when you get there you might not look like her, everyones body types are different and hold muscle and fat differently but to be small like her or have some muscle tone like her is attainable for anyone. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People whose job it is to looked that ripped usually hpeat a very strict diet
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Never seen that photograph before!! I started higher than 175 but am less than that now. Makes me want to lift weights! :)

have you heard about staci?? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

on the left she is 131lbs, on the right she is actually heavier at 142lbs.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM.jpg
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to interject here that I have no desire to attain Jillian's figure??? I just want MY body at its ideal weight, around 130, or 125. I like my shape, I have way more hips than she does. But she is definitely in shape and healthy looking.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to interject here that I have no desire to attain Jillian's figure??? I just want MY body at its ideal weight, around 130, or 125. I like my shape, I have way more hips than she does. But she is definitely in shape and healthy looking.

It's not wrong, it's realistic and a good attitude to want to look the best you can for your body type. I'm never going to look like Jillian either (I'm much more of an hourglass than she is), although I am striving to be as healthy as she is!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

I too think you look really fit, and not just thin by any means.

I love being thin, but deceptively strong!
  • plaingirly
    Options

Never seen that photograph before!! I started higher than 175 but am less than that now. Makes me want to lift weights! :)

have you heard about staci?? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

on the left she is 131lbs, on the right she is actually heavier at 142lbs.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM.jpg

She looks AMAZING!