What do you mix with your protein powder?

Options

Replies

• camcd831
    camcd831 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can find PB2 on Amazon. I buy it all the time. It is good mixed with chocolate protein powder and I also like it mixed with greek yogurt to eat with apples.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I use the following in all sorts of different combinations for smoothies: raw eggs, coconut milk, fresh or frozen berries, avocado, almonds, raw spinach, apple, peach, greek yogurt, coffee, green tea, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, vanilla extract. I use either chocolate or vanilla flavoured protein.
  • ALMOND MILK TASTE GREAT DONT NEED TO ADD ANYTHING. I USE EAS PROTIEN.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't make smoothies. I use chocolate protein powder and just mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It reminds me of Ovaltine.

^^ Only way better! :D
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Depends, usually some combination of the following.

Almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water
    2-3 fresh or frozen strawberries, banana or fresh blueberries (in season)
    handful of fresh spinach or kale
    tablespoon of chia seeds or ground golden flax seeds

(After seeing another poster mention avocado I'm definitely going to try that in the next one I make.)
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, chocolate protein powder (we use gold standard whey) and 2 tablespoons of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)....taste like a reece's peanut butter cup!

I do this too, and it's so good, sometimes I crave it and have to make it fit my macros.

I also mix it in with instant chocolate pudding for a bedtime snack.
  • Water, mix with spoon, chug... :drinker:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Calories I show below are for Dymatize whey/casein blend. They'll be a little less if you use something like Amp Wheybolic Pro (whichever GNC one has 93 calories per scoop).

Although not lately, I usually use some protein powder in the morning - 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1 banana mashed up, 1 scoop protein powder (flavor varied day by day). Usually in the 375 calorie range.

In the evenings I make a protein powder sorbet-like thing. 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder (swirl until mixed, it will be thick) then add 2 servings of frozen fruit (Dole or whatever company mix that has pineapple, strawberries, peaches, etc.). Mix with a hand/immersion blender until smooth. I prefer either the cookies and cream or strawberry flavors with this, although chocolate works well, too. The frozen fruit keeps it at a soft-serve/sorbet consistency. Eat with a spoon. Usually in the 265-280 calorie range. Nom-tastic.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like to put 1/2 cooked old fashioned oats (oatmeal) with 1 tsp. olive oil (or flaxseed, canola, safflower or a mix of all 3) 1 scoop Isopure protein powder, cinnamon. This is a great breakfast! :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yogurt and oj
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I throw vanilla whey protein in with my oatmeal in the morning. Or I mix it in with my pancake mix when I make pancakes. It's yummy.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Maaarkk
    Maaarkk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Unflavoured Whey & water for me, mmmmm.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    I use Chocolate Vega YUMMM i add PB2, Almond milk and banana usually soooo good!
  • silverbelle69
    silverbelle69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade. Mix with water and ice!
  • zx0810r
    zx0810r Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Water 8-10 oz
    Sometimes Banana
    4-6 tbs of natural peanut butter
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    vodka
  • crisandra
    Options
    I keep lots of things in the freezer so that I can mix it up. Bananas, berries, mango, pineapple, spinach, kale and that way I can make different flavors to keep it interesting. I use PB, tahini, or pumpkin seed butter too.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I put a little pb2 in my chocolate protein powder with almond milk. Not the tastiest thing ever but its tolerable...
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    skim milk is all I need