Can anyone help me out! Lost Sleep after lifestly change.

Options
13»

Replies

• omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try melatonin. Dont excercise within 4 hour window of your bedtime and yeah, you are going to be more hypersensitive to stimulants now. May just take some time getting used to. For me it usually takes 2 weeks when I do something drastic to my schedule. Be reasonable with your calorie restriction. Anything more than 500 calorie deficit is "fasting" not "dieting" IMHO unless you are super obese.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about it, for now. You'll eventually get it switched back around. Give it time. But use the time wisely; they say (and I find it very truthful), don't lie around in bed thinking about it. If you're done sleeping, you're done. Get up and get some things done.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more! You sleep when you don't exercise - this tells you your calorie deficit is too large! You are leaving around 800 calories a day uneaten - this is 800 calories in addition to the deficit that your plan already gives you - way to much!

I know! I am having trouble meeting my minimum intake! :(
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE TIPS!

- I tried Melatonin, It did not work for me, I was up after 2 hours of sleep and could not fall back to sleep.

It has gotten better, I Sleep 4 hours now vs. 2 hours from before.

I think I need to bring my calorie intake back up, maybe my body is saying its hungry but I dont feel it. I am always leaving out 500-800 calories from what I need from MFP.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP friends,

Have you ever lost sleep after changing your lifestyle? I need anyone that help me out. For the last 2 weeks after I changed my lifestyle, (Completely removed soda, Started MFP calorie deficit) I have only been getting 2 hours a sleep at night! Thats right! I will go to sleep at 12AM and wake up at 2AM and will not fall a sleep again not even for ten minutes, I am super tired at night and during the day.

2 weeks ago and beyond I would never have problems sleeping for 8-9 hours a day!
    seems like ur detoxing ur body of sugar so its making u restless because ur body wants sugar.drink alot of water and u can take some melatonin (its a natural sleep hormone produced in ur brain to make u sleepy) dnt take it too often tho or ur brain will stop making the hormone because it thinks it dosnt need it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I think I need to bring my calorie intake back up, maybe my body is saying its hungry but I dont feel it. I am always leaving out 500-800 calories from what I need from MFP.

It is saying you are not getting the amount of nutrients you need.
  • Dymatized
    Options
    Stay off the caffeine 6 hours prior to bed time and take 1 750 mg tablet of GABA 30 minutes before bed. GABA is the bomb. It relieves anxiety, helps you focus and your dreams will be more vivid. Oh, and it definitely helps you stay asleep. I know, I work graveyard hours and sleep in the morning when everyone's at work. True story.