Pregnancy 2010 - Week 13

Options
13»

Replies

• adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Kiffypooh-We still don't know for sure. She is still bleeding. They checked her hormone levels this morning and she will find out later if she is still pregnant....what a rollercoaster.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Kiffypooh-We still don't know for sure. She is still bleeding. They checked her hormone levels this morning and she will find out later if she is still pregnant....what a rollercoaster.

You and your sister are in my thoughts today!!!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Angela - I am sorry to hear about your work. I am in a similar situation with several people who think that acting like 14 year olds is acceptable. It is so very frustrating.

Jalara - Are you able to start working out again yet? How are you feeling? Did the absess go away, or do you have to go in again?

So I think I am officially stuck. I really haven't gained or lossed anything in over a month now (bouncing between 194-196). This is what happened last year. The minute I hit 194, I got stuck. I gave up last year, and I am really worried that I am going to give up again. I was really set on being 170 before starting to TTC. But I am nowhere close, and now I am less than 3 months away from trying, and I haven't made much progress. I am really trying to stick with it though. I am working out more than ever, and I am staying within my calories, eatting my exercise calories.....I just don't know what to do. I have read a lot of the posts on plateus, and have tried a couple of the suggustions, but it is so frustrating not seeing any progress when I am working so hard! Anyone have any advice, or have been in my position?

Have you been sticking to program pretty consistently? I find sometimes a cheat day (not super over board) will jump start my weight loss again. Or if I haven't been drinking a lot of water. Have you changed up your exercise routine lately? Just some thoughts.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - I am sorry to hear about your work. I am in a similar situation with several people who think that acting like 14 year olds is acceptable. It is so very frustrating.

Jalara - Are you able to start working out again yet? How are you feeling? Did the absess go away, or do you have to go in again?

So I think I am officially stuck. I really haven't gained or lossed anything in over a month now (bouncing between 194-196). This is what happened last year. The minute I hit 194, I got stuck. I gave up last year, and I am really worried that I am going to give up again. I was really set on being 170 before starting to TTC. But I am nowhere close, and now I am less than 3 months away from trying, and I haven't made much progress. I am really trying to stick with it though. I am working out more than ever, and I am staying within my calories, eatting my exercise calories.....I just don't know what to do. I have read a lot of the posts on plateus, and have tried a couple of the suggustions, but it is so frustrating not seeing any progress when I am working so hard! Anyone have any advice, or have been in my position?

Have you been sticking to program pretty consistently? I find sometimes a cheat day (not super over board) will jump start my weight loss again. Or if I haven't been drinking a lot of water. Have you changed up your exercise routine lately? Just some thoughts.

I am hitting the water like crazy, and am running to the bathroom just as much:blushing: But maybe I should try to change my workout. I typically do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes of weight training (alternating arms/legs). I have been trying to up the intensity of the cardio, but maybe I need to walk/jog on the treadmill or somthing. Thanks for the suggustions.
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted for 3 day and then when back to counting and it was enough to get me over the hump. I had been so discourged because I lost down to 141 then back up to 143. I'm down to 140 and holding now. The theory is it shocks your system of diet mode and when you go back to eating right you lose again. It was my last attempt before giving up but it worked for me. Let us know and good luck!

PS-Thanks Kiffypooh for your kindness. As of right now her levels aren't increasing so things aren't looking so good. She will know for sure Friday.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So we went to get our first ultra sound today and got some really great pics! We also found out what we are having....... A GIRL! So excited and kind of shocked. Secretly thought it was a boy, but so excited!!!!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - VERY exciting. I didn't realize I wanted a girl (when I was pregnant with my daughter ) until they told me I was pregnant with a girl. I always thought I wanted a boy, but I was SO excited I guess I was wrong :laugh:

So, went to the appointment today and there is no baby. We had another miscarriage and have to wait 2-3 cycles to start trying again. We are doing good, we a re truly lucky to have our daughter. I guess the nice thing about the weekend is I got to deal with a lot of stuff before hand and now I have my hubby home for 2 days to help me with our daughter. Thank you all for your support and just being here all weekend to listen, it made a huge difference in things for me, thank you!!!! :flowerforyou: Trying to look at the bright side and that is that I get to continue getting healthy for my current and our next child. Anyone want to set some weight loss goals with me for the end of June? I'm leaning to 20 lbs loss, but need to really look at the numbers and see if they are realistic or not. Who's in???
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry I have been MIA in the last week. It was spring break and just worked lots of overtime. I think I may have gained a 1lb because of all the stress eating. I finally found a prenatal vitamin I am going to try. I am excited because my husband and I decided to TTC this month. I am excited but I want to keep a level head in case I don't get pregnant right away just because I don't want to be disappointed. If we are still doing challenges let me know. Thanks
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry I have been MIA in the last week. It was spring break and just worked lots of overtime. I think I may have gained a 1lb because of all the stress eating. I finally found a prenatal vitamin I am going to try. I am excited because my husband and I decided to TTC this month. I am excited but I want to keep a level head in case I don't get pregnant right away just because I don't want to be disappointed. If we are still doing challenges let me know. Thanks

Which prenatal have you decided on. I'm about to run out of mine and was thinking I wanted to get a good one this time.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - VERY exciting. I didn't realize I wanted a girl (when I was pregnant with my daughter ) until they told me I was pregnant with a girl. I always thought I wanted a boy, but I was SO excited I guess I was wrong :laugh:

So, went to the appointment today and there is no baby. We had another miscarriage and have to wait 2-3 cycles to start trying again. We are doing good, we a re truly lucky to have our daughter. I guess the nice thing about the weekend is I got to deal with a lot of stuff before hand and now I have my hubby home for 2 days to help me with our daughter. Thank you all for your support and just being here all weekend to listen, it made a huge difference in things for me, thank you!!!! :flowerforyou: Trying to look at the bright side and that is that I get to continue getting healthy for my current and our next child. Anyone want to set some weight loss goals with me for the end of June? I'm leaning to 20 lbs loss, but need to really look at the numbers and see if they are realistic or not. Who's in???

KIFFY - I'm so sorry! I'm thinking of you and wishing you nothing but the best!! Get back on track with your goals and treat yourself to something good. You deserve it!

You're right about the girl....I thought I wanted a boy, but when the tech said girl all I could think of was fun, pink dresses. LOL
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    congrats shoppingqueen on the girl! We wanted a boy when we found out we were pregnant and then as it got closer and we were looking at stuff I started wanting a girl ... everything is so cute! But we got our boy so we'll do girl next time. haha
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options