Anyone else fall off the wagon in December?

Options

Replies

• Jcox300
    Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have fallen and am struggling to get up! I stopped posting my meals on here because I knew it would be WAYYYYYYY over the goal. I am trying to start fresh again!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    According to my newsfeed, most of my friends have not logged in for a WHOLE MONTH! Talk about falling off the wagon!

Contrarian you are back!!!!

I am so relieved! where would I be without your support and encouragement. I wake up every day and cannot wait to see what words of wisdom you will impart. Please dont ever leave me again! EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. Beginning now, do the things that you know you should do to regain your health.
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and didn't exercise hardly at all. I've gained back 5 pounds. Ugh.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    yepp fell off but gona get back on :D we can do this! the sugar addiction is the worse ><
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off - I did a swan dive into the Thanksgiving to Christmas dinners. It was all planned and enjoyed. Guilt ruins it! Two weeks from now it will all be behind me. Cheers!

I like how you think - two weeks from now it will all be behind me. Cheers to that!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon 4 days in a row, and feel nothing but good about it :) Life happens.
    As I mentioned to someone once, indulging is fine. Go for it, enjoy yourself guilt free.
    Discipline is knowing when it's time to stop and then getting back to where you left off.
    I'll be in "recovery mode" for the next 7 days, drinking lots of water that I skipped drinking,
    getting back into my usual meal routine, and I will be able to cherish the days I spent this
    holiday season with my family.
  • HowzItGoinEh
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon, I dove. I ate, drank and was merry. However, as of today, I have started back on track and there is no looking back. It was definitely tough getting back on the treadmill, but I'll be back in the zone before long.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    8,000 calories in two days.....I didn't fall, I ate the wagon. With pie.

But starting tomorrow, I'm back on my plan. Exercising, eating healthy, getting enough rest, the whole thing. The half marathon is a great motivator, but even without that, I'm sure you'll get right back out there and things will turn around come January. :flowerforyou:
  • kathirynebond
    kathirynebond Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I most definitely fell out my normal routine! I felt so lethargic and my skin broke out like crazy. I work in a retail pharmacy and over the past few weeks would come home tired and just zone out in front of the TV while eating dinner. However, since Christmas (mostly because I celebrated Christmas Eve with my boyfriend as Christmas) I woke up, worked, out and watched my portions on left over holiday food. And because I skimped on drinking water a lot at work, I'm consciously making an effort to drink at least 4-6 glasses a day.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    December did not go so well for me either. Definitely have been suffering from gluttony! I had final exams for college which is a time when I usually don't do so well health-wise, and then just continued with the bad eating. I need to get back to healthy habits and try to kick my old ways for good! I will probably give myself a week before I step back on the scale, to lessen the shock.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    According to my newsfeed, most of my friends have not logged in for a WHOLE MONTH! Talk about falling off the wagon!

Such slackers throughout MFP...pfftt.

its a glitch. said that about alot of my friends that were on yesterday
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    In the past three days, I've consumed over 9300 calories with no exercise! :drinker: I had to estimate the calories for all three of those days and I tried to estimate on the high side, just so I could keep some sort of track. My pants are too tight, my stomach hurts...I only weighed myself once (I'm a daily weigher) the morning after I hit the homemade chex mix REALLY hard and probably consumed a week's worth of sodium. That gave me a nice 3 pound gain overnight! But I don't really care. Tomorrow I'll be back on track and will be able to go the gym too. I've decided to give up the daily weigh-ins for a week and give my body a chance to recover from the shock I've given it LOL.

I'm not on a deadline to lose the rest of my weight; I'll get there when I get there, and 3 days of eating whatever I want isn't going to be more than a minor setback in the big scheme of things, I've decided. I ate about the same way on Thanksgiving and the two days following it, and was able to quickly get back in the swing of things.
  • spngbob
    spngbob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bahhhhh! Starting over tomorrow. No regrets. Good times!
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon, that'd be me! But, I will get on again.... I've changed my lifestyle... but I'm not perfect!!:laugh:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - it started about a week before Christmas with all the parties, and then I was staying with some family who eat terrible, and I just couldn't resist all the candy.

I'm staying with so me different family for New Years so my eating will be better, but I still won't get much exercise.

Jan 2 will be me getting back on my regular schedule!
  • SweetPotato221
    Options
    I did for sure.... I managed to get from 145 all the way down to 108 using Weight Watchers and MFP (after I got closer to my goal). I am a small-framed 5'1", so I had been getting close to my ideal weight at 105....when the holidays happened. I had been doing well mainatinaing my weight without MFP since August. When it's just me and my boyfriend (who has also lost 40 lbs in the past two years) making all the food choices, It is very easy to stick to my routines and stay within my maintenance calories. Now that I've made the journey cross country to spend the holidays with my family, including a pitstop to see my boyfriend's parents in Florida, I find that I keep eating all of the unhealthy comfort foods I am offered.....I stepped on the scale this morning and found that I gained back four pounds in one month! I am really a people-pleaser, and it is so hard to say ENOUGH! when people you love show their affection with food and are offended when you don't clean your plate.

Physically, I feel awful, and I just rejoined MFP in the hopes that I can get back on track and finally recah my goal!
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lisa and I am addicted to SUGAR! I started MFP last year and hadn't reached my goal weight yet so I was really good during the holidays. I hit my goal weight in early spring so I would I would allow myself a treat here and there. I was preparing for a 40 mile bike ride so my calorie burn was higher and I was burning off the extra calories. After my bike ride my workouts dropped in intensity but the sugar bug had gotten its hold back on me. The holidays this year were one sweet treat after another. I am up 5 lbs but an re-committing myself to the process. So YES I fell off the wagon, but I am running after it to climb back on!!! :smile:
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I took a running jump on purpose, the horse kicked me in the head! Made me act silly and and eat all those delicious foods that are so tasty. I gained a few pounds...... Oh well time to get back at it, no big deal! It will be ok I will lose it again, cause I know what it takes!

No worries,
    Mark
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon in November and I am having a tough time getting back on. I am working really hard at getting back on the wagon. I have to go back to the doctor in February to have my blood sugar checked. Don't want to go back on my medication.