Anyone else fall off the wagon in December?

Options

Replies

• drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, OP - kept up with my exercise but my eating sucked! It's all that delicious christmas baking and chocolates that appear this time of year....and the booze a little bit too. I gained about 3 pounds so I guess it could have been worse, but it's still disheartening to see the scale go in the wrong direction.

But the worst part is it's not over yet....I'm about to go spend a week with my boyfriend's family and eating well there is literally IMPOSSIBLE unless I were to buy all my own groceries and make all my own meals, which is very frowned upon there.
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, OP - kept up with my exercise but my eating sucked! It's all that delicious christmas baking and chocolates that appear this time of year....and the booze a little bit too. I gained about 3 pounds so I guess it could have been worse, but it's still disheartening to see the scale go in the wrong direction.

But the worst part is it's not over yet....I'm about to go spend a week with my boyfriend's family and eating well there is literally IMPOSSIBLE unless I were to buy all my own groceries and make all my own meals, which is very frowned upon there.

i was just thinking the same thing there's still new years!!! noooooooo!!!! :p
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I feel off the wagon for 4-5months last year around this time. It was during school, August - December. I would still log in, but was always over my calories.

Currently in one of those funks. It's been 2 or 3 months :(
  • romeogig
    Options
    just had an epic binge and feel terrible!! planning to get back up and start over
  • naner61
    Options
    Oh my goodness, yes! Someone on this site profoundly hurt my feelings in November, I deleted my account, and things have not gone well since.

Oh my don't let anyone on here ever make you feet bad enough to quit doing something that is good for you! Here is something I heard recently." What other people think of me is none of my business"
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I definitely fell off - Christmas Eve I was okay, maybe 200kcal over. Christmas Day I went way over with yummy food and alcohol, same with Boxing Day (one year anniversary with the fiancee meaning dinner out and cocktails ... lots of cocktails).

I then ate okay today, but had a total crisps binge tonight. Reading these replies made me stop because I realised I am in control and only I can change it.

From tomorrow to NYE I'm upping my exercise each morning with heavier weights, and eating as clean as can be (not in charge of the food shopping). Hopefully that will damage any bloat from the past few days for my NYE party (terrible self confidence and I either won't go at all, or will go and be miserable if I feel 'fat'). Then on New Year's Day I have a family meal so I won't be in control much then either ... but 2/1/2013 I'll be back to the early morning exercise again.

Hoping I didn't do too much damage - I can eat crap for a few days and just maintain, thankfully, so I hope this will be the same or if I do gain a little, it will just be water weight that I can drop off again in a day or so.
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL! I can't manage to keep my tailbone in my seat on the wagon. I keep getting knocked out after doing good for a while. I am determined to keep my butt on this sucker for as long as I can. I have a few family birthdays coming up in the following months, and I am super nervous about that, but I am mostly nervous about not being able to get ahold of my eating again. I can do it though, we all can. Here's to all of us getting back on the wagon and getting a firm hold.
  • cheexy85
    cheexy85 Posts: 119
    Options
    I did on Christmas day. I couldn't walk after all the food. I am back on track now
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did. I've basically been a bottomless pit for the entire month of December. I fell off track for a slightly different reason, not just the holiday. I developed a blood clot in my left leg after surgery in Mid-November and was basically bedridden for a month and a half. Not that it excuses my eating, but after a while, I just didn't care.

So, here I am, about to go back to work and something that resembles a life, and back to working at this thing. I can't work out yet, but when I can, look out! Until then, I'm just going to work on counting calories.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Totally! I have been the sole contestant in a one woman eating contest over the last three weeks. Been to the gym only a couple times and if I wanted to eat something, I did. I seem to have only gained two pounds which seems like a miracle. Back on track with my calories today and back to the gym tomorrow.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off - I did a swan dive into the Thanksgiving to Christmas dinners. It was all planned and enjoyed. Guilt ruins it! Two weeks from now it will all be behind me. Cheers!

This is exactly what I did but considering I didn't gain much maybe 2lbs and I'm in maintenance no longer losing it wasn't going to be a problem heck it might have even helped my muscle gain goals a bit.... I agree guilt will ruin the enjoyment just say I did it now back on I'm back on schedule....
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one."
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I fell off the Easter wagon in 2012 :wink: Actually I broke my ankle and was sidelined due to repetitive injury for 6 months. I gained 8kg so am now sitting at 87.4 kg (192 lbs) Have started back here today :) It helps to have someone who is motivating you
  • cmassy117
    cmassy117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I wish I would not have, but I did. I work night shift at a hospital so there is always food. I am not looking back, only forward :)
  • cmassy117
    cmassy117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love it! A great thing to remember. Not only for weight loss, but for life in general.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon though I didn't do as well with eating and exercising as I would have liked. But since I kept my eyes on the prize, kept logging what I could and kept checking my message boards and talking about it, I don't feel that's falling off the wagon. And I still lost weight in December. Not a ton, but it was a loss and that's all I care about!
  • nursedianne
    nursedianne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, yes! Someone on this site profoundly hurt my feelings in November, I deleted my account, and things have not gone well since.

I hate that someone is rude enough to hurt anyones feelings. I guess that's why I quit posting a lot. I am here to get support. Not to be humiliated, by anyone.
    Best of luck in the New Year. I fell off the wagon the entire year. Gained instead of lost. Am trying it again. Hope to get a lot of support here and gain new friends.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon, the damn wagon blew up. I haven't been focused since August. I'm determined to change that. I need to eat healthy every day, and work out frequently, instead of once in a great while. I was doing very good, had a death in the family, and just haven't been the same since. That's changing though, effective this morning.
  • crybaby1216
    crybaby1216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I fell off didn't even post my food didn't do any exercise starting fresh tomorrow back on the wagon :) hope everyone else can overcome and get back on track too.
  • Bwandls
    Bwandls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "Diet? Sorry, what's that?" That should have been my slogan for the past 2 and 1/2 weeks. SO MUCH FOOD. Hating my lack of willpower right now... but today's a new day, and it all changes from here!