Team UK - April 2010

Options

Replies

• MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    :bigsmile: Lee - "I've not had too bad an easter period. My total chocolate consumption came to one small caramel egg, and that's about it! Not been the gym for about a week now (slap on the hands for me! ) but I weighed myself this morning and I'm still the same weight I was on Friday. Happy days!!! " woweee, well done you! i ate waay to much chocolate this weekend so im very proud of you!

Aww, ta hun! :smile: I got in work today, and my boss bought me a Kit Kat chunky easter egg! :laugh: I didn't have the heart to say that I couldn't have it, so I'm sure someone might want it. May give it to my 7 year old niece, she can put it with her collection of about 15 eggs she got over the weekend! :laugh:

xx
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Thanks for such a nice welcome from some of the UK'ers on here who have already been in touch, it seems a great site.

I did introduce myself on the general introduction board yesterday, so would like to say hello properly on the UK board, and hopefully give and receive some inspiration over the coming months as I get on the road to losing 1 1/2 stone.

Three years ago, after being overweight most of my adult life, I realised I must do something to protect my future health.

In December 2006 with Christmas coming up I was just under 20 stone and knew if I didn't so something at that time I would go over 20 stone for the first time in my life as I normally put at least 1/2 stone on over a Christmas period.

I went on the Slimfast diet, at that time I didn't know what else could work for me !!!. Well, in my first month I lost 1 stone, but knew Slimfast wasn't the answer as I liked my food too much.

I searched the internet to see if I could find something to check the calories of my own cooked food, and stumbled across a site similar to this one, but not as good as this one as it cost money ( so well done to myfitnesspal for making this great site free ).

Well, I was gobsmaked to learn that my portions had been way to large, especially pasta and rice, which i always thought were healthy.

So, for the rest of 2007 I logged my food and started to exercise, religiously. I started off just walking a few times per week. In a short space of time after losing a little more weight I got my bike out again, it had been laid up in the garage for about 10 years. By the end of that year i was taking part in 60 mile charity rides.

To anyone just starting from scratch, in finding a site like this, it will be your saviour............, over that year of logging and increasing exercise I lost nearly 7 stone, and maintained the loss fully for a good six months.

Unfortunately, a couple of stressful life events over the past 12 months have caused me to go off course a little and I have regained 1 1/2 stone, hence the reason I am here, as I know this system will work.

For some inspiration to anyone else just starting, or part way through, here is my before and after pictures from a couple of years ago:-

Before - Dec 2006 ( 19st 6 lbs ):-

psmith_b41.jpg

After - Dec 2007 ( 12 st 7 lbs ):-

psmith_now2.jpg

Just glad I have got my head back into it again before i put too much back on, and look forward to being around this place and like minded people which was a great help last time.

See you around on here.

Regards

Paul

That's amazing fella. You look totally different! Good work. :drinker:
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Hi Everybody,

Can I firstly say WOW to Paul!! Thats amazing and very inspirational!! Bet you feel like a different person!!! I am very impressed by your hard work and dedication!!! :noway: :noway:

Well, I have been shocking this weekend!! We have been away at a friends wedding, which was fab, but yet again I have ate like a pig and drank like a fish!!! :laugh: :wink: I seem to think that because I am away from home I can do whatever I want!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Actually weighed myself when got back and had put on 3 lbs, so my goal for the next few days is to get that lost before my official weigh in!!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Hope everyone had good Easters and are getting back on track :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I'm back :smile:

Well sounds like you all had a busy time. I have had a wonderful 5 days in France, not particularly restful as catering for 21 family members. Most of whom seem to lose the use of their arms & legs when we all go away :laugh: Stayed pretty active and went on what turned into a mega walk on Monday afternoon. Took a wrong turn in the woods and 8 miles later we got back to the house. My poor 87 year old grandma was shattered ! so was I.

To all the new names that have appeared - welcome this is a great bunch of people

love Karen
    x
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, welcome to you Paul. Your pictures are amazing, and I'm sure that now you're tracking your food again you'll be back to where you were in no time!

Plantpot - I'm sure some of that weight will be water retention from the alcohol and sodium, it won't all be real weight.

I too have to take my lunch to work, and leave my money at home...I have no self control and this is the only way of not buying extra food.

Erika x
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!! Paul what a difference. That has certainly made me realise that if I am prepared to put a bit more effort into things I an achieve what I want.

Even now I am going to try and get out of work early and go to the gym. My plan for an afternoon session has been blown out of the water due to meetings over running.

Also I only have 50 days to go before my holiday and I would still like to lose 7-10lbs in that time. Seeing those photos will help me focus again.
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Katherine - it is the DEVIL working where I work. You jsut can't get away from shops and I am trying to save money, it's so hard!!! Yes hello facebook friend :) Hope your having a good day, I am so shattered from my hard gym work out last night. I ran for an hour (don't be fooled, I ran for 3 minute and speed walked for 2 minutes, and did that every 5 minutes till I got to 60 mins! Gives you a great workout though.

Gym tonight anyone? :)

Tanya :heart: xxx
  • tanyewest
    Options
    Paul - I take my hat off to you (if I was wearing one).

Congratulations!

Tanya :smile:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    For some inspiration to anyone else just starting, or part way through, here is my before and after pictures from a couple of years ago:-

Before - Dec 2006 ( 19st 6 lbs ):-

psmith_b41.jpg

After - Dec 2007 ( 12 st 7 lbs ):-

psmith_now2.jpg

Paul :noway: you look like a different person!! Congratulations on doing so well so far!!! Good luck with loosing the last few eh!

Anyone else fancy posting before/after photos??

Katherine x x
  • Rudie
    Rudie Posts: 27
    Options
    Blimey, I never realised you were all here!

Here I am in sunny Milton Keynes. Lost 4 and a half stone so far, with about 10lb to go. I want to lose another 3lb before my wedding in 2 and a half weeks.

That's me in a nutshell really...

Hello everyone!
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options

Here I am in sunny Milton Keynes. Lost 4 and a half stone so far, with about 10lb to go. I want to lose another 3lb before my wedding in 2 and a half weeks.

Hello everyone!

Hi there and welcome. You certainly have come to the right place. The people here are so friendly.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Hello everyone!

Hi there and welcome. You certainly have come to the right place. The people here are so friendly.

Second hello!!! welcome to the group!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MistahLee31
    Options

Yep, I'm going after work hun. Not been over the Easter period, so have to get back into my routine. :smile:

Plus I have at least 13 episodes of Heroes to catch up on!! :laugh:

Lee.
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I will be resuming Gym routine next week after an absence of around 9 months !!! - My lovely daughter has just started work at our local leisure centre so we can benefit from a family membership of £ 40 for the year - so yes, next week, I will be back into the swing of it, with a few spin classes too - I found spin really helped with the weight loss.

Regards

Paul :wink:
  • ragster
    ragster Posts: 20
    Options
    What an inspiration Paul! I'm sure you can do it again.

Mandy
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Paul - amazing before and after photos. As you say it can be done!
    Like most people my weight has crept on gradually and I now have to lose nearly 2 stone - yikes! So far I have lost 4 and weigh in day is Fri. I tried hard to be good over the week end so we shall see.
    I am in a foul mood tonight, for no apparent reason, and all I can think about is wine and chocolate! I have had glass of wine with dinner, which is unusual, and counted it in my calories. Now I just have to keep out of the kitchen til bed time!! Can I go now???
    I love reading all your posts and find it a real inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    thanks sweety.

Right what can i do to get you motivated?:indifferent:
    Maybe as we are two months off summer and i'm sure u have a holiday away planned. you could think of gorgeous sunshine, baking hot weather where u can show off you stunning new figure. got an image? i sure have. lol

I'll give you a txt tomoz and hopefully we can get u motivated again. Seeing as your always here for me is the least i can do. xx

I'm still very proud of you still.

James x:happy:

Hiiii James! :heart:

Thanks for the text the other day - it really did cheer me up... even tho i was sat in the Anchor!! ha ha! Not the brightest of places i have to say!!! :laugh:

Did you have a nice weekend?

Yeah a holiday has been planned indeed! Im ready for some sunshire - even if i have to wait 3 months for it! Ill be there!!! x

Katherine x x

Your very welcome hun glad my txt was some help

My weekend was good, had a lot of drinks saturday night so only lossing a pound this week was to be expected but i'll take ever inch i can. Bonus of this weight loss is i got 3 numbers going out saturday so go me :smile:

Glad you got a holiday booked something to focus on.

keep fighting the good fight babes, chat soon

James x
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening all!!!

Happy Humpday!!! *lol* I'm always glad when Wednesday is out of the way, cos it means the weekend isn't so far away!! I know my last post was down in the dumps - sad but true - 2 days of hard graft at work and I'm soooo over it!!! Lesson learned, next extended break - make more plans!!!

Anyhoo, I'll start with my good news, I lost 2lbs this week :drinker: which I'm well chuffed with!! I've set myself a challenge to get to 4 exercise classes before the next weigh-in - that's 2 Tae Kwon Do classes and 2 spin classes already booked, it's just a matter of doing them.

Katherine - Good for you!!! Breaking up with your BF that is - it's definitely time to focus on yourslef.:flowerforyou:

Mimi - I know exactly what you mean Mimi, my Mum's a great cook too and I live at home!! But so far so good, and for all I complained about my Mum in my last post, she's actually being pretty good about writing down exactly what she uses to cook so I can work out the calories per portion.

Tanya - WTG you for not giving in to the choco-demon.

Erika - yay for getting back on the wagon :smile:

Lee - how was the first day back at work?

Paul - Welcome along to the UK thread and WOW!!! That's some transformation!!!

And hellooo to you too Rudie.

That m'dears is it from me for now. Till the next time, take care & b'bye for now
    Kxxx
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Lee - how was the first day back at work?

Ah Kendra it was bloody awful! lol. I got in work at 8.40am and by 5 minutes before my shift started, I wanted to go home!! :frown:

Still, it's a condensed week this week, so only a couple more days till the weekend. :smile:

WEll done on the lost 2lbs hun, good work! :drinker: :happy:
  • tanyewest
    Options

I will be resuming Gym routine next week after an absence of around 9 months !!! - My lovely daughter has just started work at our local leisure centre so we can benefit from a family membership of £ 40 for the year - so yes, next week, I will be back into the swing of it, with a few spin classes too - I found spin really helped with the weight loss.

Regards

Paul :wink:

Spin classes are great aren't they - absolutely kill me though. (Well the 1 I did) I will push myself into taking a few more classes before I give up! :):happy: