What are you reading now? What will you read next?

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
Now: Defending Jacob By: William Landay.

Next: The Fault in our Stars By: John Green.

Replies

• Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Reading: Outpost by Ann Aguirre
    Next: Don't know yet, I usually go by my moods. I think I will read a Contemporary Romance next, Like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Any suggestions? I need a new series to read, I am up to date with most of mine....
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Now: The Anubis Gates, by Tim Powers (Along a handful of other books which are mostly on the back burner currently).

Next: I'm thinking about revisiting the Dresden Files series. I only read the first 2 or 3 books, and I have heard that the later books are actually even better.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Castle in the Air by Dianna Wynne Jones (started 1st Dec. and still haven't finished! I'm getting lazy)
    Plan to read next: Lonely by Emily White
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I just got a bunch of books for Christmas.
    I'm about to start Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Then I have a few to choose between:
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
    or The Maze Runner by James Dashner
    ...those are all the books that I got for Christmas :love:
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Ready Player One with a friend (we read at about the same pace and chat about the book daily). Next up is the Maxwell/King series by David Baldacci that we'll also read together. Sounds dorky...but it's fun to read the same book and discuss it.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Now: "Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic" by David Quammen

Next, either:

"Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo
    or
    "Far From The Tree" by Andrew Solomon
    or
    "The Meaning of Everything" by Simon Winchester

Depending on my mood at the moment
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but having a hard time getting into it

Next will be A Song of Fire and Ice (book 2 in the Game of Thrones series) LOVED the first one!
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl.. Was very disappointed with the end. It was such a good book until the last quarter of it. :ohwell: I'll probably go back and read the new Bernard Cornwell book again (my favorite author!).
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but having a hard time getting into it
    I just watched that movie for the first time two days ago! I never read the book. Someone told me that I would like the movie and he ended up getting it for me for Christmas. Such a good, weird, movie.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    Reading: Outpost by Ann Aguirre
    Next: Don't know yet, I usually go by my moods. I think I will read a Contemporary Romance next, Like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Any suggestions? I need a new series to read, I am up to date with most of mine....

Have you read the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr? I am now on book 3 - Whispering Rock. There are 20 books in the series!

I don't know what I'm going to read next. I have a lot of books on my Kindle so it's just a matter of deciding which one. I finished Beautiful Ruins - Jess Walter and The Virgin Cure - Ami McKay this week. I enjoyed both of them.

I have a pre-release copy of The House Girl - Tara Conklin. I think I'll start on that one.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Currently reading: God and Governemnt by Chuck Coslon

Next up: Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Reading : The Book Thief.

Next: The Alchemist
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Right now I am reading Beautiful Chaos and next will be Beautiful Redemption.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the 3rd book in the Game of Thrones series. I LOVE it. And I'll start the 4th one when I'm don.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Currently: Mocking Jay / Hunger Games

Next: Either Mark Twain's autobiography or Les Misérables :)
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    "Lincoln"- Gore Vidal.

Up next....hmmmm....I kind of want to read Stephen Colbert's new book.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    currently reading the Merry Gentry Series by Laurell K Hamilton (they're basically all one long book split into multiple parts,)

I just picked up a bunch of true crime/serial killer biographic books from the book store, so I think the next book I read is going to be one of those...
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Currently: Mocking Jay / Hunger Games

Next: Either Mark Twain's autobiography or Les Misérables :)

LOVED the Hunger Game books! didn't think I was going to, but poured through them in a couple days, and now I kind of want to see the movies, but I'm scared they'll completely kill the series for me.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The book "Les Miserables". Love reading classics and not sure how this one escaped my attention over the years :wink:
  • Wyiauta
    Options
    Currently reading: Empire of the Summer Moon, Quannah Parker and the rise and fall of the Comanches, the most powerful Indian tribe in American history, by S.C.Gwynne.
    Next: Gone Girl.