What are you reading now? What will you read next?

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Now: The Hunger Games

Next: probably the second book in the series. But I start school next month, so I probably won't have time to read anything but text books. :angry:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Currently: How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe

Next: Maybe revisit Stephen King's The Stand (for the umpteenth time), but who knows I have Dexter is Delicious and Double Dexter waiting for me as well. :)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Reading: Outpost by Ann Aguirre
    Next: Don't know yet, I usually go by my moods. I think I will read a Contemporary Romance next, Like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Any suggestions? I need a new series to read, I am up to date with most of mine....

Have you read the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr? I am now on book 3 - Whispering Rock. There are 20 books in the series!

I don't know what I'm going to read next. I have a lot of books on my Kindle so it's just a matter of deciding which one. I finished Beautiful Ruins - Jess Walter and The Virgin Cure - Ami McKay this week. I enjoyed both of them.
    I have a pre-release copy of The House Girl - Tara Conklin. I think I'll start on that one.

Never heard of the Virgin River Series, I will check it out. I have a Kindle too and is full of books that are waiting for me. The problem is that it all depends on what I'm in the mood for, and right now I'm undecided.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    Just finished the Round House by Louise Erdrich. Awesome read.

Now I'm on Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. I dig it so far, but it may end up being a little drawn out. We shall see.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Reading book 3 in the game of thrones series next up is book 4 .Its only 11 days until the last Wheel of time book comes out. When that happens all other reading will be dropped and isolation in my room until I finish it will begin :bigsmile:

I started that series - I'm about halfway into book one. I just cannot get into it for some reason :(

I'm currently reading "Apocalypse Z" by Manuel Loureiro. Up next is "World War Z" by Max Brooks. I like zombie fiction :bigsmile:
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Lord Of The Rings
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Currently re-reading "House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski.

Next: probably "The Good Fairies of New York" by Martin Millar

But that said, Jenbit just started me thinking of the Wheel of Time series again, with the last book coming out soon, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the whole series on CD to listen to during my work commute - that would make for an awesome spring!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Now: The Anubis Gates, by Tim Powers

How is that? It's on my list. I've heard good things.
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Currently: Kingdom of Gods, N. K. Jemisin
    Next: The Forever War (Probably), J. Haldeman
    Currently reading: Ender's Shadow.
    Thinking about reading next: The Pillars of Hercules

Then Ender books are awsome!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Now reading The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling and next will be Elizabeth I by Margaret George
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Now: The Anubis Gates, by Tim Powers

How is that? It's on my list. I've heard good things.

@Captain_Tightpants

I'm liking it quite a bit. I first heard about it many years ago, and had always wanted to read it. Powers has a good descriptive style of writing, and some interesting ideas. On Stranger Tides is another book by him which I hope to read.

Next: The Forever War (Probably), J. Haldeman

@jrmartinezb - Another book that I would love to re-read. Maybe back to back with Starship Troopers.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Currently finishing up "John Dies at The End" by David Wong.

Up next; To Kill A Mockingbird. I've never read it!
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Now: The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury

Next: not sure yet :noway:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Now: The Hobbit

Next: pick up where I left off in Lord of the Rings
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    In looks like I have what to read next: Just bought the first three books of the Black Knights inc. series for .99 each. Thank you all for the suggestions.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Now: Fables (comic)

Next: Sandman (comic)

:)
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Now - Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Next - I'm not sure..... I have a few books that I've started but had trouble getting into that I should probably work on finishing including: The last book in the Game of Thrones series, Shadow of Night (the sequel to A Discovery of Witches) and Cloud Atlas. I might just forget them for awhile more though and start LIfe of Pi
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    wingman chronicles. it's a bit raunchy.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Now: The Hobbit

Next: pick up where I left off in Lord of the Rings