Does bacon - grease = way less calories?

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is not bacon. It's an abomination.

For real. Turkey Bacon is beyond gross and shouldn't be allowed to be called bacon.

And no - I wouldn't subtract calories because of cooking it. I'd assume no one eats raw bacon so the calories on the package are after cooking.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1342240820387_5819460.png

I like mine chewy, so I don't really get a whole lot of fat that renders off.
    Ditto!!! Love chewy bacon! Almost oinking still really.....:love:
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain to me why they feel bacon is SO unhealthy??

THIS...........
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You're really splitting hairs here.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't subtract the fat when I fry it up, but then I'm often frying eggs in the grease it left, so I end up eating at least some of it anyway. I also save the bacon drippings from the pan in a jar in my fridge to fry other things in or otherwise cook with (like for curries). Eventually, I eat all the bacon.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, let's do a different equation. A poster with an empty profile and one picture + an absolutely absurd topic post + absolutely no follow up from the original poster even though this is now 2 pages deep = a Troll that was hoping for a way more amusing thread than this turned out to be. Congrats on your epic failure OP
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    80 calories for two slices... Waste of fry time. Eat at last 4 of those suckers. Only 160 calories of yummy salty meat candy!!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I get whatever is on sale, bacon here is expensive
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I don't subtract the fat when I fry it up, but then I'm often frying eggs in the grease it left, so I end up eating at least some of it anyway. I also save the bacon drippings from the pan in a jar in my fridge to fry other things in or otherwise cook with (like for curries). Eventually, I eat all the bacon.

Wait, not everybody does this? What else do you fry your eggs in in cast iron?
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    because when I eat it, I don't stop until it's all gone.
    It's UNHEALTHY!:grumble:
    In moderation...sure, but that's never me...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    80 calories is nothing. You can burn that off jogging up a couple flights of stairs. WTF, OP?
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Wait, not everybody does this? What else do you fry your eggs in in cast iron?

I think I love you.

(I don't cook in anything but cast iron if I can help it.)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, let's do a different equation. A poster with an empty profile and one picture + an absolutely absurd topic post + absolutely no follow up from the original poster even though this is now 2 pages deep = a Troll that was hoping for a way more amusing thread than this turned out to be. Congrats on your epic failure OP

I hate to take away the smugness from this post, but I'd suggest doing more research before going around making easily disprovable pronouncements. OP has over 400 normal posts.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

I hate to take away the smugness from this post, but I'd suggest doing more research before going around making easily disprovable pronouncements. OP has over 400 normal posts.

Lot's of users have normal posts but will still throw out the occasional troll post.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I gril (broil) my bacon, and it does lose a fair amount of fat that way, but I log it as per the packet anyway. I've got to the point where I don't want to do that kind of number crunching, and it probably makes up for a few extra cals that sneak in unlogged elsewhere.

This is me as well! I do broil it and most of the fat drips off but I'd still rather over estimate then under estimate. 10-20 calories is really negligble anyway.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    because when I eat it, I don't stop until it's all gone.
    It's UNHEALTHY!:grumble:
    In moderation...sure, but that's never me...

then YOU are unhealthy...don't blame to poor bacon.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

People can't seem to accept that nutrition is not black or white (healthy or unhealthy). Food has varying nutrient values from bacon to tofu, from chocolate to carrots. They have no concept of the entire nutrient spectrum.

This is very true. Good Nutrition does not happen in a vaccuum...It's much more global. Well said.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Lot's of users have normal posts but will still throw out the occasional troll post.

True. I'm just saying the profile and photo have nothing to do with it, contrary to your original equation, and I'm assuming you are smart enough that you know it, LOL. Give others the same credit.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    lol at all these posts. Baconmongers always bring it.

I personally just log the calories from generic cooked bacon since I like mine eXtra crispy, and also log the bacon fat by teaspoon since I cook my eggs in it.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    nevermind the smart *kitten* answers. yes, blotting the bacon will take some fat off but i would still log it the same.

Agreed & agreed!