Eating cottage cheese...?

Options

Replies

• skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I use a half/quarter serving on top of a baked potato instead of the butter and sour cream. Delicious.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and crushed pineapple!

I like it with peaches or sliced tomato
  • alipedlar
    Options
    I mix mine with balsamic vinager and tomatos and low fat feta.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with pretzels, chips, or just plain-- but the extra low fat versions are not nearly as good by themselves.

Yep. Super yum with bbq potato chips, but not the most calorie friendly. It's also good plain, with fruit, and with applesauce. yum!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Curd milk is not good.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese nearly everyday. I either just eat it plain with a little pepper or I steam fresh veggies and mix it in with the veggies. Love cottage cheese!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese + chicken = favorite meal
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have it as a snack every afternoon as follows:

1/2 cup of cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon; and
    1/2 of an apple cut into chucnks.

Delicious and tides me over until dinner.

Just watch all of that fruit - the sugar content is through the roof!
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't typically mix my cottage cheese with anything but if I do i mix it with horseradish. YUM!

Great idea. Some diced tomato and cucumber would be great with that.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like to spread it on Wasa bread crackers with slices of tomato, sprinkled with seasoned pepper or season all or something like that. Yum... I haven't had that in years... I might need to go find some!

this sounds really good!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    is there a reason why you need to put stuff in it? i just eat it plain. yummy! i eat lactaid cottage cheese can't remember how much whatever is listed as the serving size that's what i eat with a spoon.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I eat it with chopped tomatoes and cumin.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    A nice little dessert is 1 teaspoon of your favorite jelly/jam added to 1/2 cup cottage cheese, oh my gosh it's wonderful!! Another trick I found is if you drain and rinse off cottage cheese it's almost like cheese curds and can be used in veggie lasagna, jus sayin...:smile:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like eating it by itself or on a cracker. But my mother is a fan of eating a cup of cottage cheese with 3-4 slices of peaches. She thinks that is a great combination.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't like my cottage cheese mixed with sweet things (like fruit). I like cottage cheese with a lot of fresh ground black pepper and I eat it with a spoon.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eat it plain and 1 serving is plenty for a snack. You can add a serving of frozen berries to it if you like but keep it low cal
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed with pineapple with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on it. I also like it plain or with a bit of black pepper. I also blend it smooth and use it for dips, salad dressings or to replace sour cream on baked potato. You can use a generous amount without sacrificing all the fat grams.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love it plain, but only the full fat stuff. I made the mistake of trying to make myself eat the ff and low fat versions for awhile. YUCK! I stick to the good stuff now.

I usually have it a couple times a day. I eat 1/2 cup either plain, with some sriracha in it, or with fruit...usually fresh cut pineapple.

Mmmm....
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I decided to switch to no salt cottage cheese due to the RIDICULOUS high amount of sodium in it. So now I eat:

1/4 c no salt cottage cheese
    1/4 c strawberry greek yogurt

102 calories, 11g carbs, 12g protein, 1g fat

(and most importantly only 48mg sodium)

LOVE IT!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat it with chopped tomatoes and cumin.

Now that sounds awesome!